Bought Uwell, need some tips/help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
I have been vaping for about 5-6yrs now. Started with blu, then ego, then reo mini, then VTR(threads broke), mvp 2.0, now the mvp 3.0 pro (i just got it a few days ago). I started to get in to tanks with the VTR, before that i used 306 atomizers for a long time. I decieded to buy a sub ohm tank the uwell yesterday.

The top bore is obviously big and designed for lung hits. I have taken a few long hits over the last 5-6yrs but this thing... is nothing like i ever experienced. I have been using a 0.5ohm coil, at 50 watts. My lungs are sore, my mouth is sore, i feel i have vapor tongue in my lungs and it's all over my mouth.

I am asking is how do I adapt to a sub ohm tank? Is there a progression I should use, or do just get use to it over time?

I forgot to mention, i am using 80/20 juice i made 80PG

Reactions: thetrucker

john1211

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Troy, NY
I am using the .5 coils at 60 watts. I was a 1.5 pack per day smoker for 20 years, and I have been vaping for 1 year. I do kinda a hybrid mouth to lung/lung inhale and it's not bad at all. The flavor is very intense though. I can only suggest to take shorter inhales. Like 3 seconds opposed to 6 seconds, etc.
I have been vaping for about 5-6yrs now. Started with blu, then ego, then reo mini, then VTR(threads broke), mvp 2.0, now the mvp 3.0 pro (i just got it a few days ago). I started to get in to tanks with the VTR, before that i used 306 atomizers for a long time. I decieded to buy a sub ohm tank the uwell yesterday.

The top bore is obviously big and designed for lung hits. I have taken a few long hits over the last 5-6yrs but this thing... is nothing like i ever experienced. I have been using a 0.5ohm coil, at 50 watts. My lungs are sore, my mouth is sore, i feel i have vapor tongue in my lungs and it's all over my mouth.

I am asking is how do I adapt to a sub ohm tank? Is there a progression I should use, or do just get use to it over time?

I forgot to mention, i am using 80/20 juice i made 80PG
I tried sub ohming and like you hated it! Back to my nautilus mini

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Likely with the lower resistance and higher watts, you would need to drop the nicotine percentage as you will be blowing through more eliquid, and faster.

Or if you look around, most ever sub-tank has available coils in the 1.2 - 1.5Ω range, lower the wattage to 10-15 watts and take gentle hits. I will be more like what you've been use to.

I've tried the low-res, high wattage, high air flow, but it wasn't my preference. I'm usually around 1.5Ω and 10-15 watts, semi-mouth to lung hits.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Thanks everyone.

I went to my car to go to the store and I saw my nautilus sitting there. It hit me to just use the nautilus as I was doing and sometimes use my uwell(maybe once a day for 5-10mins or so. Or multiple times a day).

I came back and I saw more replies. I did lower my nic level last night. I was vaping at 10mg/ml now I am vaping at 3mg/ml(on the UWELL). I tried lowering the wattage earlier, down to 30. I was vaping at 40-50 watts. I felt nothing was coming out at 30. But vapor does come out, I lowered it to 25 watts. This helps a lot despite I don't really produce vapor. There is some. I need to get use to the lung hits.

I with the feed back and my own ideas, I am sure I can adjust over time. What about my juice? The irritation, can that be from the PG, I know Nicotine also has a big effect on the irritation(throat hit). I just had the idea to do a straight 80% VG with no nic just to get use to the lung hits. Once I am up to a decent wattage (40-60) start adding some nic. In the mean time just use my nautilus as my main tank right now.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
@thetrucker I tried to quote you not sure if it went through. But with the tips and ideas of my own i worked it out. I started to take smaller hits and lowered the wattage that worked very good. I was set on that and played a bit more with it. I eventually made a juice with virtually no PG(just pg from NIC and flavoring) that helped a lot too, got rid of the irritation. I was up to 50 watts and things where good. As I was writing this reply i turned it down to 45 watts.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
@2buildawall It crossed my mind to sell it. But slightly bothered for how much I paid for it. The store I go to is highly over priced. I usually buy online but i got impatient and I bought my mvp 3.0 there the other day for 90 dollars online it's about 65 dollars. I told the guy it's expensive. I went back to buy the uwell(was impatient) and they wanted 60 for it. I told him, "I don't mean to be rude but online these things are a lot cheaper." He justified it, and he said "on price we can work things out." I said, "I'll pay you 50 for it" online I see it for 32 dollars. So your best bet is to buy one from ebay.(that's where i buy all my stuff)(usually)
INSTOCK Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Tank Same Day SHIP | eBay

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Thanks ASM! I think you can get higher ohm coils for the Uwell?

Have you tried any of the Lemos? Great RBA that you can build low or higher. I run one at about 1.2ohms and an other at .5 ohms.

It is a rebuildable but I get great flavor at 1.2ohms and 18watts. Tootle puffer's paradise!
No problem, I sort ebay items from least expensive to most expensive and buy the cheapest of whatever i am looking for.

I never heard of the lemos but I just looked it up, I saw a video of "Rip Tripper" talking about it. I was looking for something like that, but I wasn't sure if I was committed to building my own coils and dripping. I had a real heck of a time with a penelope. It's a tank rebuildable but you needed to get your kanthal wire,and at the end of the kanthal tie some Ni wire. that was a real pain. I did a dry burn, and gasket melted and caused a short. I don't know much about electronics but a friend looked at it and i was missing a gasket, we made one, it kind of worked... but in the long run it wasn't good. I sent it back they gave me another(customer service took over a month to send it to me) and i still had a problem. Kind of traumatized by RDA's.

I was looking at temp control mods. My situation is I like to blow big clouds but not in public. I go to college(late bloomer i am 33). I was looking for something highly flexible. Something that can produce huge clouds when i want, and turn it down to be similar to my nautilus when needed. That's why i bought the UWELL, I thought i can just turn it down when needed. I think it's the bore size of the drip tip that's making it a bit difficult. I can use it normally now, sub ohm without issues. But when i turn it down it feels like i am getting nothing due to i can't do a mouth hit.

wow i take that back. I remember i saw a video last night that said "if you want to take mouth hits close off the air holes to their minimum setting" that worked. So I guess I have everything i wanted in this tank.

Reactions: 2buildawall
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread