Apollo E-cig contest/giveaway thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
d5ab3eb1da107b46180600f763b220ed.jpg

Really digging this Mutation x v4. I am now a rebuildables fan.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Interesting.....Did you use the custom power mode?

i wonder if the actual settings need to be done on the device itself then uploaded to the app...and not the other way around.....hmmm?

Yeah, I dunno. I read as little of the manual as I could. Just wanted to vape on it. I did upgrade to the latest firmware, and it basically erased all of my previous settings.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I never go to sleep early either. I didn't fall asleep until 2 am last night and I was up at 6am. I hate when that happens and it happens a lot!! Too many bathroom breaks in the middle of the night and then I drag all day...maybe I should try vaping caffeine .

I've thought about trying a vape with caffeine...lol....

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I tried that."..if I ever sleep, I'll let you know how that turns out!
You poor thing :( I sleep really well....actually I am a really deep sleeper and will sleep through anything. Sometimes I worry about how deep I sleep, because I seriously have to set 10 alarms to get up. I just end up accidentally staying up too late :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I never go to sleep early either. I didn't fall asleep until 2 am last night and I was up at 6am. I hate when that happens and it happens a lot!! Too many bathroom breaks in the middle of the night and then I drag all day...maybe I should try vaping caffeine .
I have been staying up until 2 or 2:30 and getting up at 7:15 . I never mean to stay up so late....lol

Reactions: cooladdict

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
You poor thing :( I sleep really well....actually I am a really deep sleeper and will sleep through anything. Sometimes I worry about how deep I sleep, because I seriously have to set 10 alarms to get up. I just end up accidentally staying up too late :)
Jim can lay down and be asleep within 3 minutes. Sometimes I hate him for it...lol

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
Jim can lay down and be asleep within 3 minutes. Sometimes I hate him for it...lol
My hubby falls asleep 5 times a day...every time I look at him he's nodding off .....I should be so lucky..I never just nodded off..oh well, I would miss a lot of stuff if I was sleeping..too bad I don't use my time wisely

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
My hubby falls asleep 5 times a day...every time I look at him he's nodding off .....I should be so lucky..I never just nodded off..oh well, I would miss a lot of stuff if I was sleeping..too bad I don't use my time wisely
Lol... I have a nodded, too...he's nodding now.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Well you need Clocky or Tocky

Get Out Of Bed:

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
i wonder if the actual settings need to be done on the device itself then uploaded to the app...and not the other way around.....hmmm?

I've been playing around with Custom Power Mode. The settings are entered into the app, then once enabled, the x cube will fire with the different voltage/wattage settings for as many seconds as you specified. A couple things you need to know before you try this. The last setting you use needs to be set to 12 seconds. If you don't do this, the x cube will basically pick a wattage to vape at. For instance, if you have it setup to vape at 30 watts for the first 2 seconds, and 50 watts for the next 2 seconds, it will vape at a random wattage after the 4 seconds are up. In my case it went to 154 watts and almost fried my coil!

Also, a custom power setting will only work while using the app. Once the connection between the xcube and app stops, the vaping mode will change. In my case it changed to temp mode..(wtf!?!) which again.. would have fried a coil if I wasn't paying attention. Because of this I see Custom Power Mode as a novelty because it's not safe to enable and go about your day. Smok really did a good job at putting lots of cool features into the X Cube 2, but they have A LOT of work to do to get these bugs fixed.

Just like lots of other features, Smok provided absolutely no information about this...at least from what I could find.

One more thing, there's an option to scan a QR code in Custom Power Mode. I have no idea what that's for, but would like to know.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I've been playing around with Custom Power Mode. The settings are entered into the app, then once enabled, the x cube will fire with the different voltage/wattage settings for as many seconds as you specified. A couple things you need to know before you try this. The last setting you use needs to be set to 12 seconds. If you don't do this, the x cube will basically pick a wattage to vape at. For instance, if you have it setup to vape at 30 watts for the first 2 seconds, and 50 watts for the next 2 seconds, it will vape at a random wattage after the 4 seconds are up. In my case it went to 154 watts and almost fried my coil!

Also, a custom power setting will only work while using the app. Once the connection between the xcube and app stops, the vaping mode will change. In my case it changed to temp mode..(...!?!) which again.. would have fried a coil if I wasn't paying attention. Because of this I see Custom Power Mode as a novelty because it's not safe to enable and go about your day. Smok really did a good job at putting lots of cool features into the X Cube 2, but they have A LOT of work to do to get these bugs fixed.

Just like lots of other features, Smok provided absolutely no information about this...at least from what I could find.

One more thing, there's an option to scan a QR code in Custom Power Mode. I have no idea what that's for, but would like to know.
I enabled the stainless steel profile. Wondering if I should try this with the 0.4 ohm stainless steel Triton coil to see if temp control will work with this.

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
I enabled the stainless steel profile. Wondering if I should try this with the 0.4 ohm stainless steel Triton coil to see if temp control will work with this.

Interesting. Me and a few others I know can't even enable stainless steel. The app says it's not unlocked. Do you see stainless steel on the x cube itself when you select a coil for temp control? Since the update all I have available on the x cube is titanium.

It's pretty cool they added stainless steel support. Accoding to Smok they are the first ones to do it.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Interesting. Me and a few others I know can't even enable stainless steel. The app says it's not unlocked. Do you see stainless steel on the x cube itself when you select a coil for temp control? Since the update all I have available on the x cube is titanium.

It's pretty cool they added stainless steel support. Accoding to Smok they are the first ones to do it.
What version of the firmware do you have? I just received the mod yesterday, and I upgraded it to 1.08. When I went into the app today, I clicked on Vapor Up-gradation (yeah, I wonder who came up with that word), the stainless steel profile was available for a 99 cent upcharge.
Screenshot_2015-09-02-02-48-52.png
Screenshot_2015-09-02-02-49-15.png

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
What version of the firmware do you have? I just received the mod yesterday, and I upgraded it to 1.08. When I went into the app today, I clicked on Vapor Up-gradation (yeah, I wonder who came up with that word), the stainless steel profile was available for a 99 cent upcharge.
View attachment 486560 View attachment 486561

I have 1.09 which was released today. You sure you don't have that? I'll check again, but there was nothing to upgrade to stainless steel in my app. Of course they didn't say on their site they were going to charge for it. I probably wont get stainless steel then. It's getting on my nerves they have the balls to nickel and dime us after we paid for the mod.

EDIT: 1.091 was just released. You probably have that installed. They forgot to add the way to unlock stainless steel in 1.09, so that's what they just added.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I have 1.09 which was released today. You sure you don't have that? I'll check again, but there was nothing to upgrade to stainless steel in my app. Of course they didn't say on their site they were going to charge for it. I probably wont get stainless steel then. It's getting on my nerves they have the balls to nickel and dime us after we paid for the mod.

EDIT: 1.091 was just released. You probably have that installed. They forgot to add the way to unlock stainless steel in 1.09, so that's what they just added.
No, the file that I downloaded yesterday was 1.08. That was the firmware that I installed. I guess that explains why the stainless steel is enabled in the app, but not enabled on my mod.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA

Just upgraded to 1.091. I still don't see SS mode on the mod itself. It still only toggles between Ti and Ni. However, if I select SS mode in the app and press the check on the upper right hand corner of the app, it appears to upload the profile to the mod, because I do notice a difference in the vape because of the different TCR setting.

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
No, the file that I downloaded yesterday was 1.08. That was the firmware that I installed. I guess that explains why the stainless steel is enabled in the app, but not enabled on my mod.

Ok yeah, you're right. 1.091 adds SS in the mod settings. They forgot to add it in 1.09 earlier today. I saw a pic today of the app where SS and TI were purchased along with "Active Temp Control". Do you see that in the app? I don't. I hope they don't find it necessary to start charging every time they add something significant. If so maybe someone will make a custom version of the firmware with everything already unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread