Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Thanks. I'll give it a go, I'm guessing its Ti Gr1, probably imported, probably will need to be thoroughly cleaned. I was on their site ordering something else (zephyrus rba), and wanted to fill up my cart a little to justify the shipping costs.

I would go for it considering that they do claim Grade 1. As far as cleaning it well we never talked about that with Kanthal but take some Alcohol and a paper towel and be prepared for a surprise. Just get in the habit of cleaning any wire you use if for no other reason than you don't know who or what it has been in contact with. - Yuk!

Also IMHO as long as the vendor is not lying Grade 1 Ti is Grade 1 Ti and the only thing that is going to be different is the price. Caveat, this is my personal opinion but I am sure as long as the vendor is reputable you have nothing to worry about. Also this stuff about one brand tasting better than another is horse pucky. The guys that claim that sound like a bunch of Napa Valley Wine Connoisseurs "The bouquet of Stealth Vapor Ti Grade 1 is so superior to band "X' . Want to buy some swamp land. ;)

But in the description it does say "Surgical Grade 1 Titanium" ? :)

Yeah Bloke, after I hit post I was thinking I probably should have read the whole ad but I am so accustom to scanning that I often miss a lot of stuff... need to slow down.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I would go for it considering that they do claim Grade 1. As far as cleaning it well we never talked about that with Kanthal but take some Alcohol and a paper towel and be prepared for a surprise. Just get in the habit of cleaning any wire you use if for no other reason than you don't know who or what it has been in contact with. - Yuk!

Also IMHO as long as the vendor is not lying Grade 1 Ti is Grade 1 Ti and the only thing that is going to be different is the price. Caveat, this is my personal opinion but I am sure as long as the vendor is reputable you have nothing to worry about. Also this stuff about one brand tasting better than another is horse pucky. The guys that claim that sound like a bunch of Napa Valley Wine Connoisseurs "The bouquet of Stealth Vapor Ti Grade 1 is so superior to band "X' . Want to buy some swamp land. ;)

Yeah Bloke, after I hit post I was thinking I probably should have read the whole ad but I am so accustom to scanning that I often miss a lot of stuff... need to slow down.
Oh but with the zivipf Ti wire I can feel the freshness of a German beer and the spice of a frankfurter sausage. With stealthvape's Ti I definitely can appreciate the subtle notes of fish and chips :D :D :D [emoji14] [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh but with the zivipf Ti wire I can feel the freshness of a German beer and the spice of a frankfurter sausage. With stealthvape's Ti I definitely can appreciate the subtle notes of fish and chips :D :D :D [emoji14] [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

I get the same with Crazy Wire. Fish and Chips definately.

Reactions: awsum140

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA

Regards
Tony

Tony,

I am just glad to know that someone appreciates the subtle bouquet nuance between Temco wire and Stealth Vapor. It would be a shame is these subtleties went unnoticed after all the work the artisans went thru to create and properly age it. :facepalm:

The wire I use has been aged in rusty steel barrels at precisely 68 degrees (F) for twenty years (I won't reveal the source out of fear that there will be a mad rush and I will be left without a source for another twenty years).
They call it the Devils cut. :evil:

disley

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
Australia
I have 2 Lemo 1 tanks, and 5 Lemo 2 tanks, in front of me.
With various builds in them, gauge and material.
One has 26gauge kanthal, 2 have 24gauge SS, and 2 have 24gauge and 26gauge Ti in them.
I can't tell the difference between them.
They taste the same with the same flavor juice.
They all produce adequate clouds, and work between 20w and 40watts.
I use TC with the Ti coils if the mod has it, the VF DNA40 at 360f 30watts.
And the evic VT 490f 32watts.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA

Regards
Tony

Spider Silk wire always gives me the munchies.

Reactions: awsum140

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Spider Silk wire always gives me the munchies.
That also can depend if you wrap a right or left hand coil. The taste gets reversed. I swear by it.

In the case of zivipf, a right hand coil tastes more like beer and a left hand coil tastes more like sausages.

I'm pretty sure that, depending on the tension you use on the coil, you can actually choose your favorite beer brand. Middle tension taste like a Heineken, higher tension tastes like a budWeiser and lower tastes like a Corona.

I can even taste if a coil has been made before or after lunch [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
That also can depend if you wrap a right or left hand coil. The taste gets reversed. I swear by it.

In the case of zivipf, a right hand coil tastes more like beer and a left hand coil tastes more like sausages.

I'm pretty sure that, depending on the tension you use on the coil, you can actually choose your favorite beer brand. Middle tension taste like a Heineken, higher tension tastes like a budWeiser and lower tastes like a Corona.

I can even taste if a coil has been made before or after lunch [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

Tony

You are soooo full of...................

VAPOR

today.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread