Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Last night my cocobolo stopped working. I was taking off an atty and the 510 popped up and twisted. That's when I noticed there was some build-up on the plate. So I wiped it off & put on some deoxit gold-- looked good as new. Then put a little super glue on the 510, pushed it back down into place. When I put the battery back in, it wasn't firing at all. I took the positive contact out, cleaned & inspected (looks perfect) and reinstalled. Still not working. It's not the atty connection (tried all my attys and the tiny 510 screw is still in place), the spring is fine, and I've tried several different batteries. The positive contact is making full contact on the plate. What else could it be?? Hoping it's something I can fix, don't want to have to send it in.
Any ideas?

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Wish I could help, maybe Rob would have an easy fix without having to send it in. Have you emailed him?
Well, hoping someone here would have a fix, so I didn't bug him first... but of course he jumped right in with the quickest response. :wub:
Your spring is still good right?
Everything looks perfect to me.

Sounds to me like the the negative wire is lose . Send it in I will take care of it
Thanks Rob, I appreciate it. It's just... I don't want to have to part with it for several days :cry:. But it won't do me any good, besides still looking so pretty, if it doesn't fire. Thankfully I have 2.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Yup, Papa, same one. I tell ya, this is one poor, unlucky woodvil right here. She has lived through so much in her short life. Nice thing about woodvils, though, is there's not much in them to go wrong, and there's this guy in Maine who'll fix em up if you do manage to eff them as bad as I have :facepalm:.
I do have one more. But it's my ONLY OTHER mod, which makes me veeery nervous. And I have a camping trip planned for this weekend.
Backups for your backups. Really, people, it's not a joke.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Ouch.. I dripped mine in the bathroom. The zebra woodvil hit rhe tile floor for the 2nd time and this time on the atty so it cracked the wood under the 510 connection behind the door and the 510 connector came out a little bit.

Glued and clamped with Emers wood glue and you can't see the crack! He'll ya couldn't even see the crack before I glued it in the pics I took.. then super glued the 510 back in and it's as good as new!

Lucky no damage to the wiring to the 510.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Ouch.. I dripped mine in the bathroom. The zebra woodvil hit rhe tile floor for the 2nd time and this time on the atty so it cracked the wood under the 510 connection behind the door and the 510 connector came out a little bit.

Glued and clamped with Emers wood glue and you can't see the crack! He'll ya couldn't even see the crack before I glued it in the pics I took.. then super glued the 510 back in and it's as good as new!

Lucky no damage to the wiring to the 510.
Maybe we should glue some Velcro to your hand and that Woodvile? Or some spray adhesive the football players "used" to use. No more dropping??

Hmmmm H.E. Am thinking that it might be possible to buy a new Reo, receive it by Friday and you're good to go camping with a back-up. Before ya know it, your Woodvile will be back from Rob and you'll be set "forever." (Said tongue in cheek).....

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe we should glue some Velcro to your hand and that Woodvile? Or some spray adhesive the football players "used" to use. No more dropping??

Hmmmm H.E. Am thinking that it might be possible to buy a new Reo, receive it by Friday and you're good to go camping with a back-up. Before ya know it, your Woodvile will be back from Rob and you'll be set "forever." (Said tongue in cheek).....

Knock it off!! Like I need another reason to go lurking though that webiste again, right?
Right???
Enablers! All over this thread!

it's not a bad idea, though...

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Ooo oooo... this^^^. We can all vote on one for you.

Everyone. Which one should she get?

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
THIS one :) Number 264 Purpleheart.

Woodvil.JPG

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Backups for your backups. Really, people, it's not a joke.

I've heard that some folks take that comment to the extreme when it comes to back ups. Not me, but some folks do. o_O

While it could be said that the only time a Reo might need a back up is when a hoople gets their hands on it, I don't know how anyone could get by with just 2 Reos in their daily rotation. We have two hands, that means with only two Reos you don't have a back up.

Which one for #3 delivered by Friday should be your personal choice though. So I'll not recommend which one that might also make me appear to be enabler. :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I am so sorry to hear of this my friend. If something happened to my wood, I'd be devastated, the pain would be immeasurable really...

...you know, I think there's some wood left on the site...perhaps one could, you know, hitchhike home when it's done at the spa? :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread