What are you watching tonight? (Favorite TV Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Still loving Humans.

Started catching up with season 5 of Falling Skies, too. Besides the fact that I can't shake the feeling that underneath a generous layer of Acme Grime'n Dirt, the actors are annoyingly freshly showered and nice-smelling - I sort of enjoy it.

A definite "One to watch" this season for me is The Brink. Loving it! :D

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Loving Humans right now! Good show! Also loving Wayward Pines. Too bad there's only one episode left!
I think Archer is my favorite show ATM. The comedic timing and jokes are GENIUS! Thats the only show I don't mind watching reruns of. Hell on any given weekend I'll pull it up on Netflix and watch all of them again. Its that funny!
Me and the wife are also big fans of competition shows. We watch Masterchef, America's Got Talent, and Hell's Kitchen.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Holy crap! I've been watching The X-Files Season 3 and fell behind on my DVR playlist.

I have: Aquarius, Hell On Wheels & Hannibal from yesterday
and: The Last Ship, Ray Donovan, The Strain & Halt And Catch Fire from today
with Last Week Tonight, True Detective & Humans to record later

I'll catch up by Wednesday :pop:

Reactions: Alawot

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Time to continue binge watching Black Sails.

And then, while I wait for the next seasons of that, OITNB, Vikings, GoT, House of Cards, I have nothing until next year :(

Maybe I'll start watching season 2 of True Detectives... Has anyone watched it?

Yes. So far so good. It started slow but not bad. First season won't ever be topped though.

Right on about binge watching Black Sails. Like.

chilipadi

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
Behind You
Yes. So far so good. It started slow but not bad. First season won't ever be topped though.

Right on about binge watching Black Sails. Like.

Heh. The finale was awesome :D

It may be my personal dislike for Colin Farrell that's preventing me from watching season 2, haha. His latest stuff is just terrible imho.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Been catching up on season two of Extant. The show I dragged myself through season 1 of - thinking it the slowest show filled with the most generic drama. Yet there was something in there that peaked my sci-fi interest. Fast forward to halfway through season 2 - I'm actually quite loving it. There is just too much going on to allow for the slow pace of season 1.

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
NARCOS. Interesting, if not completely factual. Thumbs up to Netflix for creating more good content. The review I read before starting to watch it said the series was something it's not. So much for reviews.

Fear the walking dead. Your mileage may vary. I liked the first two episodes. Lots of negative comments if you look for reviews. Dunno.... I think it'll be a good series once it gets rolling.

Reactions: Alawot

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
NARCOS. Interesting, if not completely factual. Thumbs up to Netflix for creating more good content. The review I read before starting to watch it said the series was something it's not. So much for reviews.

Fear the walking dead. Your mileage may vary. I liked the first two episodes. Lots of negative comments if you look for reviews. Dunno.... I think it'll be a good series once it gets rolling.
Narcos is pretty good. Ftwd is just okay imo. Nothing compared to the original. I would have much preferred to see it set somewhere outside of the US, south america, europe, canada, etc or maybe an anthology where each season is about the beginning of the outbreak in a different location. Too early to tell yet though. It could develop into a good show. We will see.

I've been rewatching Sliders lately. Good show. Also been enjoying the new season of The Strain. Watched the first episode of the second season of From Dusk Till Dawn. Not sure how this season will play out.

Lots of new stuff starting soon and old ones coming back. Particularly excited for the return of Gotham.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014

I found the second episode of Fear the Walking Dead was more entertaining than the premiere. I'm cautiously optimistic now. Still, I cannot wait for Oct. 11 when The Walking Dead returns. And Talking Dead.

Also finally got around to watching the finale of Hannibal last night. Didn't particularly care for the ending, it felt rushed. Gonna really miss that show if Bryan Fuller can't continue it elsewhere. Watched the season finale of Defiance which I really enjoyed.

My wife and I finally started watching season 1 of Fargo. I think we stopped on episode 5 and it's fairly entertaining so far. Hopefully we can get caught up before season 2 begins airing in October. Billy Bob Thornton's wig, though. Wow.

Reactions: Mowgli

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I think Fear TWD is as well put together as the original.
It'll take time to get rolling. They need to setup the pins before they knock em down.

History is running a 6 part series called Outlaw Chronicles: Hells Angels
Features Ventura Angels President George Christie setting the record straight.
I see exactly where they got a lot of scenarios that they used in SoA from.

Tyrant is good sometimes.
I imagine it would be lame to jump into anywhere besides the beginning.

BBC America has been playing the David Tennant Dr. Who episodes in prep for the next season.
So awesome to revisit that I'm rewatching Torchwood in 720P

I expect that the season finale of Mr. Robot will be as clever as it deserves.

Strike Back hasn't been the same since Rhona Mitra left but she's on The Last Ship. It's OK.

The Strain continues to be beautifully weird and Ray Donovan continues to get stuff done :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread