Apollo E-cig contest/giveaway thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
Just upgraded to 1.091. I still don't see SS mode on the mod itself. It still only toggles between Ti and Ni. However, if I select SS mode in the app and press the check on the upper right hand corner of the app, it appears to upload the profile to the mod, because I do notice a difference in the vape because of the different TCR setting.

Really? Wonder why you don't see it. The TCR for SS should be 0.00094. Is that what your mod is set to?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Ok yeah, you're right. 1.091 adds SS in the mod settings. They forgot to add it in 1.09 earlier today. I saw a pic today of the app where SS and TI were purchased along with "Active Temp Control". Do you see that in the app? I don't. I hope they don't find it necessary to start charging every time they add something significant. If so maybe someone will make a custom version of the firmware with everything already unlocked.
In the app, I only see Ti and stainless steel. I don't see an entry for "Active Temp Control".

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
The Apollo Reliant can do stainless steel, titanium, ni200...etc. It has TCR ;)

Smok locking then charging for features the device can already perform is ridiculous, much like buying things for a game you already payed for. In free to play games this is acceptable, in paid games it is not.

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
The Apollo Reliant can do stainless steel, titanium, ni200...etc. It has TCR ;)

Smok locking then charging for features the device can already perform is ridiculous, much like buying things for a game you already payed for. In free to play games this is acceptable, in paid games it is not.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe somebody smart enough will make custom firmware eventually with everything unlocked. It's cheap to unlock SS and TI, but it's ridiculous to have to pay anything extra.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Really? Wonder why you don't see it. The TCR for SS should be 0.00094. Is that what your mod is set to?
The TCR for SS is set to be 0.001. I do notice that the temp mode screen is different now. It shows as this:
20150902_034649.jpg

I think the problem is I had tried updating the firmware using the beta firmware updater. I updated the firmware again using the older app and now it works fine. I can toggle between Ni, Ti, and SS.

Reactions: cooladdict

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
The TCR for SS is set to be 0.001. I do notice that the temp mode screen is different now. It shows as this:
View attachment 486566
I think the problem is I had tried updating the firmware using the beta firmware updater. I updated the firmware again using the older app and now it works fine. I can toggle between Ni, Ti, and SS.

Could have been the problem. I used the beta updater to try and go from 1.08 to 1.09. It said it was successful, but I still had 1.08.

I would say your TCR is fine since what you have is so close to what I sent. But idk that much about TCR, so I can't say what's an acceptable variance.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Could have been the problem. I used the beta updater to try and go from 1.08 to 1.09. It said it was successful, but I still had 1.08.

I would say your TCR is fine since what you have is so close to what I sent. But idk that much about TCR, so I can't say what's an acceptable variance.
Yep, that was exactly the problem. Using the old firmware app, this time it "took". It was also confirmed that when the start up screen came on when I first powered up the mod after the firmware update, the firmware version showed as 1.091.

ffrank

Aug 24, 2015
Yep, that was exactly the problem. Using the old firmware app, this time it "took". It was also confirmed that when the start up screen came on when I first powered up the mod after the firmware update, the firmware version showed as 1.091.
Hopefully the beta works fine in the future because it's so much faster and easier.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
When some of my old stuff wears out, I might buy a new mod.
View attachment 486695
Oh yeah, I forgot I ordered a TC40w yesterday.. I gotta quit this for awhile

Lol...I think it's a sickness!! And it is very catchy!!! Looks like you won't be needing a new mod anytime soon ....but that never is the problem...we just want the shineys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread