Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Umm, I don't think so... as per the website:
Earn 10 points just by signing up!
Earn 20 points for every signup with your link!
3 points for signing up on Facebook
3 points for signing up on Twitter
3 points for sharing on LinkedIn
3 points for sharing on Pinterest
30 points for downloading their App (not mentioned on site)

Since they're giving 3 points as well, that pretty much means that 10 points != 1 entry. Hence I'm guessing it's 1 point = 1 entry.
I managed to get 60 points. 10 (signing up)+ 30 (installing app)+ 20 (colleague signed up via link), but I'm also excluded, I guess.
I think someone already boasted they have something around 400 points on last Wednesday... :eek:
So yeah, curious, just how hard people have worked on this one.
I'm pretty much anti-social, so I have no Fecebook, Titter and what not... :lol:

I'll go along. Old brain, short span memory.;)
Still only gives me 10 points:(
Wife 10 Points:(

Watched that Video........................ Wife is going to KILL ME :w00t:

Reactions: BamaBabe4Ever

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
@SmokeyJoe

Earliest mention I could find using the term vaping in relation to e-cigs on Google was

A new study commissioned by ASH - puffdaddie.co.uk

The date is Jan 5th 2006

Don't want to be all negative and stuff, but there is a problem with that link.
Date of the article indeed shows up as Jan 5th 2006, but in the text it says:

The study found that users of e-cigarettes in the UK have trebled in the past 2 years, from 700,000 in 2012, to 2 million in 2014, with the number of non-smokers using e-cigarettes considered ‘negligible’.

Also, the first comment is from March 2015... :/

Eh, well... good luck regardless of that.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Hopefully it arrives soon! I keep some of my old ego's around, also have a genitank on my old iPow 2 just in case.

I still have 10 packs of stinkies left. Should last me long enough to get my hands on one of the mods.
Problem is, even if Koopor Mini does arrive first, I won't be able to use it, since my Uwell Crown still hasn't shipped out from Fasttech... :(

The batteries and the charger are on their way though. So, if SMOK uses something faster than China Airmail, I should be able to start vaping in a week or so!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

The study found that users of e-cigarettes in the UK have trebled in the past 2 years, from 700,000 in 2012, to 2 million in 2014, with the number of non-smokers using e-cigarettes considered ‘negligible’.

So kind of you to point that out. <insert sarcasm>

As far as you being negative goes, you seem to be disagreeing with everyone tonight.

Perhaps you need to eat a snickers, or barring that maybe try to get some sleep?

From my perspective youre coming off as unecessarily combative and know-it-all-ish.

And thats saying something coming from me. :)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Good news! I believe it was firmware v1.09... correct?
Any thoughts about how usable is the device without the App? People were complaining yesterday that not everyone has a compatible phone for the App.
Thanks!
They actually added it in 1.091. I think it is a work in progress, because I updated it, but it still does not show up on my mod. I had upgraded my mod to 1.08 yesterday and saw the stainless steel profile in the app today. Didn't upgrade to 1.091 until just a few minutes ago. And whenever I reconnect to the app and go to the upgrade page, it prompts me to upgrade to stainless steel, even though I had already upgraded the last time the mod was connected to the device. So I think they need to make a bug fix to the firmware.

EDIT: Got it fixed. I originally tried upgrading the firmware using their new beta app and it didn't appear to work properly. I upgraded using the old app and now I have all three modes, Ni, Ti, and SS.

And also, you don't need to smartphone app to adjust the settings on the mod, although it does make it a lot easier. The menu system on the mod is like trying to navigate the menu system on a computer printer.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I still have 10 packs of stinkies left. Should last me long enough to get my hands on one of the mods.
Problem is, even if Koopor Mini does arrive first, I won't be able to use it, since my Uwell Crown still hasn't shipped out from Fasttech... :(

The batteries and the charger are on their way though. So, if SMOK uses something faster than China Airmail, I should be able to start vaping in a week or so!

Took me 45yrs to kick them.
First draw of a crappy 510/cartridge setup and I haven't touched one since. No that POS did not work for me for a week and I was upgrading.
3yrs. later I could almost open up a Used Vape shop:shock:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
@SmokeyJoe

Earliest mention I could find using the term vaping in relation to e-cigs on Google was

A new study commissioned by ASH - puffdaddie.co.uk

The date is Jan 5th 2006

***my original post stated Jan 5th 2005 but that was a typo

Correct. That study was done and the article/blog written in 2015.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
First draw of a crappy 510/cartridge setup and I haven't touched one since. No that POS did not work for me for a week and I was upgrading.

Same thing with my crappy kr808. I was lucky if the battery lasted more than an hour and it was that, that caused me to look for better options and to find these forums in the first place.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Smoked for 22 years.. after two weeks of dual use I gave em up completely! Tried soo soo many other methods and vaping was the only thing that worked for me :)

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
So kind of you to point that out. <insert sarcasm>

As far as you being negative goes, you seem to be disagreeing with everyone tonight.

Perhaps you need to eat a snickers, or barring that maybe try to get some sleep?

From my perspective youre coming off as unecessarily combative and know-it-all-ish.

And thats saying something coming from me. :)

11AM for me and I'm at work, so no sleep, I'm afraid. Wouldn't mind though.
Sorry if I come off as combative and know-it-all-ish. I am not. I'm more than happy to get corrected when I am wrong. So I really hadn't really thought that some would rather prefer not to. As for disagreeing, I do believe this is the first case tonight/today. There was a misunderstanding with @crxess about how many sets remain without an owner, but that, I believe, was due to me speaking a foreign language and poorly formulating my thoughts.

Anyway, point taken, from now on, you are always correct, even when stating that black is white. I apologize for any inconveniences I have caused.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
11AM for me and I'm at work, so no sleep, I'm afraid. Wouldn't mind though.
Sorry if I come off as combative and know-it-all-ish. I am not. I'm more than happy to get corrected when I am wrong. So I really hadn't really thought that some would rather prefer not to. As for disagreeing, I do believe this is the first case tonight/today. There was a misunderstanding with @crxess about how many sets remain without an owner, but that, I believe, was due to me speaking a foreign language and poorly formulating my thoughts.

Anyway, point taken, from now on, you are always correct, even when stating that black is white. ;)

You know you actually had me thinking you were a nice guy until the last sentence. Way to prove my point for me.

I have a better idea, how about I just put you on ignore instead? Others might be impressed by what you perceive as wit, but I assure you Im not amused.

Almost complete strangers making jokes at my expense tends to dampen my sunny disposition.

Last edited:

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
You know you actually had me thinking you were a nice guy until the last sentence. Way to prove my point for me.

I have a better idea, how about I just put you on ignore instead? Others might be impressed by what you perceive as wit, but I assure you Im not amused.

Almost complete strangers making jokes at my expense tends to dampen my sunny disposition.

Oh, I see how it goes. You being sarcastic is perfectly fine, as long as no one is sarcastic towards you.
What ever rocks your boat man, whatever rocks your boat.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
Now you have me concerned about my win again, I haven't gotten a response either.

And yeah, I'm still a bit bouncy, first time I have ever won anything!
Don't panic, I started a conversation with smokeyjoe on Saturday lunchtime and asked a question, and still haven't got a reply yet, I think he may be a bit snowed under!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
Don't panic, I started a conversation with smokeyjoe on Saturday lunchtime and asked a question, and still haven't got a reply yet, I think he may be a bit snowed under!

Just realised, the comment I just replied to was like 30 pages back!
I am not a clever man sometimes!

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Just realised, the comment I just replied to was like 30 pages back!
I am not a clever man sometimes!

LOL! :p

Oh, I see how it goes. You being sarcastic is perfectly fine, as long as no one is sarcastic towards you.
What ever rocks your boat man, whatever rocks your boat.

Whats that saying, can't win em all! of course that applies to me with contests and its more like won't win any of them :D

I guess the usual night crew is taking tonight off since the quickdraws are over =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread