• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
Been lurking around on ecf and .................. for about two years and just got my account recently.

Glad that I decided to started vaping as the technology has matured quite a bit since the provari days.

Its only been about a month or so and I've already stopped smoking analogs completely.

Currently using a SX mini m class and an IPV4S with smok tfv4, Atlantis V2, Subtank mini, billow v2 and a cheap cloned dripper with a dual twisted coil setup @ 0.14 ohms.
15ozfy9.jpg

Got a couple of Samsung 25R batteries and charging them on a Nitecore D4.

Love my current setup and I can't help but feel the need to grow it as I experiment with different tanks and flavors and also ventured on to TC vaping.

Just a quick question, it seems that the US juice rated at 6mg gives a much harder throat hit as compared to the Malaysian made juice rated at the same amount of nicotine?

A 6mg Malaysian juice has non existent throat hit while the milkman flavor I'm using with 6mg is making me with that I should have bought the 3mg or even 0mg variant. The hit at 6mg while vaping at 100 watts with my quad coil setup on the tfv4 is simply too harsh!

I'm guessing it might be due to the fact that I'm always smoking Marlboro iceblast which has very little nicotine content compared to those of u who go through a pack or two of reds a day?

Been looking high and low for some 0/3mg content US made juice with a creamier taste (e.g. apple crumble or cinnamon apple) at out friendly neighbor but I just can't seem to find it.

Most shops seem to only bring in 6mg nicotine juice.

Anyway, anyone here has had their hands on the latest box mods with evolv's newest DNA 200 chip?

I'm looking at the opus 200 but the constant complaints regarding the box mod shorting is a bummer for me since we get next to zero after sales support since we're situated in this tiny red dot...

Would love to add a DNA200 chip box mod to my humble stash and they're either sold out or the design doesn't appeal to me.

The cloudmaker box mods look promising but again, there hasn't been a single solid review on thise devices.

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
Been lurking around on ecf and .................. for about two years and just got my account recently.

Glad that I decided to started vaping as the technology has matured quite a bit since the provari days.

Its only been about a month or so and I've already stopped smoking analogs completely.

Currently using a SX mini m class and an IPV4S with smok tfv4, Atlantis V2, Subtank mini, billow v2 and a cheap cloned dripper with a dual twisted coil setup @ 0.14 ohms.
15ozfy9.jpg

Love my current setup and I can't help but feel the need to grow it as I experiment with different tanks and flavors and also ventured on to TC vaping.

Just a quick question, it seems that the US juice rated at 6mg gives a much harder throat hit as compared to the Malaysian made juice rated at the same amount of nicotine?

A 6mg Malaysian juice has non existent throat hit while the milkman flavor I'm using with 6mg is making me with that I should have bought the 3mg or even 0mg variant. The hit at 6mg while vaping at 100 watts with my quad coil setup on the tfv4 is simply too harsh!

I'm guessing it might be due to the fact that I'm always smoking Marlboro iceblast which has very little nicotine content compared to those of u who go through a pack or two of reds a day?

Been looking high and low for some 0/3mg content US made juice with a creamier taste (e.g. apple crumble or cinnamon apple) at out friendly neighbor but I just can't seem to find it.

Anyway, anyone here has had their hands on the latest box mods with evolv's newest DNA 200 chip?

I'm looking at the opus 200 but the constant complaints regarding the box mod shorting is a bummer for me since we get next to zero after sales support since we're situated in this tiny red dot...

Would love to add a DNA200 chip box mod to my humble stash and they're either sold out or the design doesn't appeal to me.

The cloudmaker box mods look promising but again, there hasn't been a single solid review on thise devices.

Hi. New here. You want to look at the VG/PG ratio for the throat hit. Higher PG gives more throat hit, not the nicotine.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015

15ozfy9.jpg

isnt apple crumble by octobrew a msia made premium juice? Anyways creamy flavours always hits harder in my opinion.

As for DNA200, i'll probably wait till its in full production phase. Have thought about getting the chip itself to DIY (especially so after it was firmware upgraded to 2x18650 capable) even gone so far to think about doing a 3x18650 in a coke can, however these can wait since I wouldn't be able to even go above 80W using dual coil setup although the programmable part attracts me (we have too many toys to play around as of now :) )

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
Hi. New here. You want to look at the VG/PG ratio for the throat hit. Higher PG gives more throat hit, not the nicotine.

I have a couple of Malaysian juices with 50/50 content and they don't hit as hard as the 99.9% VG US juice I have despite both carrying the label of 6mg nicotine. Likewise, Marlboro Reds give me more throat hit than say lights and I've read at a couple of places that its nicotine that gives the throat hit whereas PG acts as a flavor carrier.

isnt apple crumble by octobrew a msia made premium juice? Anyways creamy flavours always hits harder in my opinion.

As for DNA200, i'll probably wait till its in full production phase. Have thought about getting the chip itself to DIY (especially so after it was firmware upgraded to 2x18650 capable) even gone so far to think about doing a 3x18650 in a coke can, however these can wait since I wouldn't be able to even go above 80W using dual coil setup although the programmable part attracts me (we have too many toys to play around as of now :) )

Yup, its a malaysian made premium juice. Got that bit of info mixed up. I think so do. Most of the harder hitting flavors I've tried were all creamy flavors.

I guess I'll wait for the DNA 200 to have more reviews and user feed-backs first. I heard from a shop over at our neighbor that they might have some DNA 200 box mods coming in during October.

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
yup... after 1 night of research, seems like the subox mini is a good starter kit. any thoughts ?

Yes. Not a bad choice for a starter but I wouldn't waste time with starter kits and end up with an abandoned kit once upgraded. My take? Go with a good regulated mod and a clone RDA or a tank. If you're adventurous enough, try a mechanical mod.

My virgin vape was with a Le Petit Gros and a Hobo rba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread