Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was thinking of doing the Stealth Kabuki in P3 and 510... other colors will be a problem... Gun Metal can happen in 510, but ProVape would have to order them in Gun Metal if you want them in P3... ProVape has the exclusive rights to market the P3 Kabuki, I don't sell them direct to anybody or wholesale them to dealers.

We'll order from wherever we can get it. Stacie (she's awesome, by the way) was kind enough to say that she'd let me know when they became available. I thanked her but told her that wouldn't be necessary. And we have been watching the sites pretty much daily.

While I might not have WillyZ status, I've ordered more than my share of V2/2.5's (eight? nine? idunno.), so I've obviously no aversions from buying from our friends right here. Let me put it this way:

We almost bought a used one, but it was P3 threaded, and I really don't like the idea of marrying a tank to a mod. Variety is, after all, a spice of life.

Reactions: Katdarling

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Dang, Juma - you move quickly, don't you? :)

Chargers: I like the VP4 a lot, and have been using it daily. If four bays is adequate, I think you're fine with that one.

Batteries: Since all of my mods are regulated (mechs don't do it for me), they all cutoff at around 3.2. Therefore I never go lower than that. That being said, I don't follow any strict processes where charging is concerned. If I'm leaving the house, I'm swapping to a fresh battery, and will charge what I removed from that point. I'll charge my 18650's at 1amp (two outer bays if I only have two to charge), but the charge my 16340's at .5 amps. I know that .25 is recommended, but I've been doing them at .5 for almost two years (as long as I've used them), and never had any issues. In fact, It's probably about time for me to get some ones, just because they've been running for so long.

I know you didn't direct these at me, but I'll be rude and jump in. I wish I could say that it was the first time... :blush:

Cerotanks: I love them too, but I'm a big fan of those BVC coils. Since there's only one person who sells them, I can tell you that you're in good hands. He's a great guy. I hope you like them but let Kat or me know if you do not. You won't get stuck with them.

Mamu Mods: Mamu is a legendary modder who can be still found here on ECF (at least I believe so). She stopped building mods a while ago (one year? two? I can't remember) but her work is/was amazing, especially at that time. She is a meticulous perfectionist (as a builder) and when you hold one of her creations, you realize just how great it is.

Kat was wise enough to not sell hers off, and I hope she hangs onto them forever, even after they stop working. I have a bad habit of selling anything I'm not using, so my collection remains rather small. If I could turn back the clock, I'd still own most of my Mamu's. I had a couple of "doubles", which I'd be fine just having kept one of each.

You can see some/most of her work here. When she released a new mod, it was often ground-breaking in at least one way (sometimes more).

Mamu Mods

Here's to Mamu - may life be treating her well. :toast:

Longo, Sometimes I move fast, but lately it seems I get caught up in lots of work BS! I have the VP4 and the VP2, which I don't use much. I had Tim and Diana at VaporStands build a box to hold the VP4 with slots on the side for four batteries. Worked out really nice. I'll upload a picture when I get a chance. My only reservation about the VP4 is sometimes with 18490s they charge out to 4.21 and 18350s to 4.19. I haven't marked the batteries, which I should, and try to determine if it's the batteries or the charger--or even if it makes a difference. The batteries are all AWs and the newer models, all are within a few months the same age and all get rotated around. Sometimes I run the batteries until the ProVaris cutoff and sometimes I recharge with 50% remaining. I'm so of all over the place.

The Cerotank I ordered from the guy on eBay should be here tomorrow or Friday. The Mamu Mods look very nice. Thank you for the link!

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
What fun to re-visit the Mamu site, Mr. Longo. I am very pleased to have kept my 3, just as wonderful as when new, too!

On when to charge --- Since all mine in regular use are regulated, the mod lets me know when it's time to charge as they shut off before too low levels are reached. I've only had one mod, the IPV mini, where I suspect that this feature is not working properly. So, I watch the bar and charge at about 1/8+ left. In earlier times with older and non regulated models, I'd charge when I felt/tasted the vape dying off, and sure enough, when checked with multimeter, the battery was ready to be charged.

Juma, the Xtar you have is well liked. I have and enjoy an earlier version Xtar as well as an older favorite, the Pila. The features of your model are very nice. I especially like the display as well as the ability to change the charge rate.

Even when available, I don't use USB charging, except when it's the only choice. I also choose to not vape any mod while charging. It's mostly just my extra safety precautions -- and I always have another mod handy.

Juma -- great to hear about the Nauti and Kabuki doing well with rapid temperature changes. It helped me realize that I have had some problems, but not with the Nauti, Kabuki or Cero.

Juma -- Welcome to the Ti club and the P3 club as well as Kabuki land! Great choices, IMHO, of course. :)

Tearose, as I think I said, I'm getting away from USB charging, despite the fact the Aspire Pegasus I bought does allow it. I'm retiring to my "show" shelf my Coolfire IVs, even though I do like them a lot.

The Kabuki passes the acid test. I walk out of my office, which they freeze me out at 70F, into 90~100F Texas heat, walk to my very hot car, then hold the P3/Kabuki in my right hand while I shift and the AC is blowing right on the combo. By the time I get home, only three miles, the Kabuki hasn't leaked a drop and my hand is dry. Following the same pattern with a Kanger Mini on the the Coolfires and my hand is covered in juice. I figured out the Kanger head starts to leak way before it starts tasting nasty. The Kanger will start leaking with just a few degree temp change. Since my P3 Stealth is an inside/outside device, I wish Zen would make one in black with a black metal tank. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

My P3 Ti should be here this week. I cannot wait!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Longo, Sometimes I move fast, but lately it seems I get caught up in lots of work BS! I have the VP4 and the VP2, which I don't use much. I had Tim and Diana at VaporStands build a box to hold the VP4 with slots on the side for four batteries. Worked out really nice. I'll upload a picture when I get a chance. My only reservation about the VP4 is sometimes with 18490s they charge out to 4.21 and 18350s to 4.19. I haven't marked the batteries, which I should, and try to determine if it's the batteries or the charger--or even if it makes a difference. The batteries are all AWs and the newer models, all are within a few months the same age and all get rotated around. Sometimes I run the batteries until the ProVaris cutoff and sometimes I recharge with 50% remaining. I'm so of all over the place.

The Cerotank I ordered from the guy on eBay should be here tomorrow or Friday. The Mamu Mods look very nice. Thank you for the link!

Yes, Juma, I should have mentioned that the battery meters on the VP4's are of only marginal value. If you test them with a multi-meter (or similar) before and after, you'll likely just focus on the red/green light features.

And like you, I'm all over the pace too (when the batteries get recharged). I wouldn't worry too much about that. As long as you're using decent batteries, you'll be fine.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I wish Zen would make one in black with a black metal tank. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Funny you mention that...
(I'm sure you read the posts just previous to yours?)

He already makes a gun-metal tank (available on his accessories store, but currently out of stock).

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
JUMA, boy do you fit in around here! I think I need to set up a bridge table! DPL and I and tearose all vape similar gear, have similar tastes and similar habits in vaping and vape gear. Between your choice in hardware, chargers, vliquid, VG ratio, battery vendors, and tanks, it sounds to me like you're quickly becoming our 4th!

Quite a number of people are aggressively moving toward using mods with user replaceable batts. I, too, have had that as a (minor) goal. Of course, there ARE pros and cons either way, but it IS sweet to have a bit more control over the battery and the lifespan of the mod. I will be very interested in your report on the Pegasus. I've had my eye on the Kanger Kbox Mini, but I'm still on hold for that one.

View attachment 486001

Congrats on your Ti P3! No need to say you'll prolly love it, is there. ;) And big congrats also on not only finding NLV, but trying out Bounty Hunter. That was the very first NLV I tried as well, and that led me to vaping NLV 97% of the time, for the last 4ish years! I now have every single flavor (should you ever want a sample.... just PM!). I discovered long ago that the ratio of PG/VG in NLV is abstolutely perfect for vapor production and flavor. I also do not foresee myself as a weather woman anytime soon. ;)

Do I think the Cerotank is "better" than the Naughties? No, in fact, I don't. But there is something VERY special about them, and DPL and I both agree that in some ways, they are very similar to the Kabukis. For me, those are my top 3 tanks, with the Kabuki (of course) taking top spot because of the quality and manufacture and warranty.

Mamu is/was precisely as DPL described. I have thought often of selling some of mine, but every time I do, reason and rationality return. So they stay. It was not incredibly easy to get one when she was offering them, and I do know I wouldn't be able to get one now. DPL, any of mine can make a trip should your nostalgia become more than you can handle. :wub:

What a wonderful trip down Mamumory Lane! Thanks, DPL!

Kat, I don't think you'll like the Kanger Kbox Mini. I used mine for about a week before it went on the display shelf or whatever it is. It's a nice size but the finish isn't near a durable as a ProVari and the Subtank Mini has issues. I have several of them. They all leak one way or another. I tried changing the O rings and I went to a bell cap that cuts down on two O rings. No matter. They still leak. It's worse with temp changes, but they all leak at some point. I've spent a ton of money on Kanger stuff but none of it has worked well for me. Sad too because I think the new 1.5ohm VC head tastes great.

I've never had a Nautilus or Mini or Atlantis leak. The Triton is another story.

The Pegasus arrived yesterday, and I liked it enough that I ordered two more. Funny thing is Sweet-Vapes shipped it with one of the Aspire batteries, which I'd never use on a regular basis but did go ahead and try. It's a nipple top. With that design I found it difficult to get the battery door closed on the Pegasus. Whereas with the new AW 18650s with the flat top, the door shuts with ease. Go figure. When I ordered the other two from Sweet-Vapes, I told them to keep the batteries.

Two of Pegasus mods with Atlantis 1s with the A-Mod 7ml tank and the 1.8ohm coil are my juice testers. One of the mods I'll use when I sub-ohm, which isn't all that often. The Pegasus mods replace the Innokin MVP 3s I've been using. The MVP 3s work great. But as I said I want to get away from built-in batteries and the MVP 3 is just too big. While the Pegasus is larger than the Coolfire IV, it's much smaller than the MVP 3. I don't have a scale, but it feels with a battery heavier than the MVP 3. Having said that, it's much more comfortable to hold than the MVP3 as it's tapered like the Coolfire IV.

As funds allow, I should be all ProVaris and Pegasus units within a month or so.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Kat what are you and DP talking about ;)

HOH products are top notch :)
Kenny, if you are from ProVape, please use your influence to have Zen make a black or very dark grey Kabuki for the Stealth P3. A matching metal tank would be nice too. Right now a black Kanger Subtank Mini base with a black bell cap looks cool on my Stealth, it's crappy compared to a Kabuki. I'd also like to get away with 510 connectors on my P3 units. The P3 threaded Kabuki is soooo much better. Thanks.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Yes, Juma, I should have mentioned that the battery meters on the VP4's are of only marginal value. If you test them with a multi-meter (or similar) before and after, you'll likely just focus on the red/green light features.

And like you, I'm all over the pace too (when the batteries get recharged). I wouldn't worry too much about that. As long as you're using decent batteries, you'll be fine.

Longo, thanks for the confirmation that all is well with my batteries and the VP4.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I was thinking of doing the Stealth Kabuki in P3 and 510... other colors will be a problem... Gun Metal can happen in 510, but ProVape would have to order them in Gun Metal if you want them in P3... ProVape has the exclusive rights to market the P3 Kabuki, I don't sell them direct to anybody or wholesale them to dealers.

Zen, do a Stealth Kabuki in P3 and I'll buy two as soon as ProVape has them. Stealth metal tanks would be nice too!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Zen, YES, I want one. How do I get in touch with Vape 360? Thanks.

Hey Juma - if you read back, you'll see that both Kat and I have already started banging the drum. He reads the thread. :thumbs:

Zen, do a Stealth Kabuki in P3 and I'll buy two as soon as ProVape has them. Stealth metal tanks would be nice too!

NOTHING stops you, does it? :cool:

Have a good day, all.

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
So you guys want a stealth black Kabuki?

Let Vape 360 know you want it, and I am certain it can be arranged... ;)

Yes, please. This... so much this.

@Vape360 Yup, I'm in for *at least one Stealth Kabuki.

*Just give me half a reason to buy the Ti Stealth P3... I dare ya.

Oh, and it's been a while since I posted but huge thanks to HoH, Zen~, and Stacie for resolving my issue quickly and easily.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kat, I don't think you'll like the Kanger Kbox Mini. I used mine for about a week before it went on the display shelf or whatever it is. It's a nice size but the finish isn't near a durable as a ProVari and the Subtank Mini has issues. I have several of them. They all leak one way or another. I tried changing the O rings and I went to a bell cap that cuts down on two O rings. No matter. They still leak. It's worse with temp changes, but they all leak at some point. I've spent a ton of money on Kanger stuff but none of it has worked well for me. Sad too because I think the new 1.5ohm VC head tastes great.

I've never had a Nautilus or Mini or Atlantis leak. The Triton is another story.

The Pegasus arrived yesterday, and I liked it enough that I ordered two more. Funny thing is Sweet-Vapes shipped it with one of the Aspire batteries, which I'd never use on a regular basis but did go ahead and try. It's a nipple top. With that design I found it difficult to get the battery door closed on the Pegasus. Whereas with the new AW 18650s with the flat top, the door shuts with ease. Go figure. When I ordered the other two from Sweet-Vapes, I told them to keep the batteries.

Two of Pegasus mods with Atlantis 1s with the A-Mod 7ml tank and the 1.8ohm coil are my juice testers. One of the mods I'll use when I sub-ohm, which isn't all that often. The Pegasus mods replace the Innokin MVP 3s I've been using. The MVP 3s work great. But as I said I want to get away from built-in batteries and the MVP 3 is just too big. While the Pegasus is larger than the Coolfire IV, it's much smaller than the MVP 3. I don't have a scale, but it feels with a battery heavier than the MVP 3. Having said that, it's much more comfortable to hold than the MVP3 as it's tapered like the Coolfire IV.

As funds allow, I should be all ProVaris and Pegasus units within a month or so.

And (senility) only just barely, JUMA. ;)

Thank you for the feedback on the Kbox Mini. You may just have saved me from tears and aggravation due to the finish. I would not expect any of my non-Provi devices to be as durable (beautiful, exacting, etc.) as my beloved Provis. The Subtank Mini was never even on my radar. I do not subohm, and I have a particular dislike for Kanger heads. I've been QUITE happy with all the Aspires and I expect that will continue. Like you, none of my Naughties leak, and of course, the Kabukis are impeccable performers. The Triton was a problem child?

Great info on the Pegasus, and it's good to hear you liked it so much as to buy two more of them! It sounds like it might just be a tad to big and heavy for me tho. I do like tiny and/or light box mods for the most part. But for someone replacing and MVP, yeppers, this sounds like the ticket.

Congrats on your journey. The road is smooth and the scenery deeeeeeelightful!

Reactions: DPLongo22

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
oooh yes I would snap up a black P510 Kabuki in a second.....

I promised myself not to buy anthing for a while after ordering my xvo stick/merkava set....but I really think I need at least one Kabuki for the xvo stick :)..seems perfect for it.(thanks for pointing it out to me DPLongo!)
But my problem is: I am from europe (none UK) so have to order from afar....and want to following setup
- 510 Kabuki
- at least 1 spare glass
- at least 1 metal spare tank
- 2 spare sets of screws/o-rings
- and a black glass replacement if possible

and there is not one shop who can provide it all....

I checked:
- electronicstyx: but they only have the Kabuki and glass replacement tanks, but no black glasses and no SS tank and no spare o-rings
- jjvapes: but they only have the Kabuki itself, but not any of the replacement stuff
- cloud 9 vaping: it sells the 510 Kabuki , the spare clear glasses and the o-ring sets but not the SS tank or black glasses, this seems to cover the basics but it comes at 145 euro's ($160)....while if I order from US it is only 110 euro's ($125)...
- There is one shop in the US who sells all the needed extra parts, but they only deliver in the US :(

I could live with buying from 2 shops...but more will kill it on the delivery costs.

It seems I'll be stuck buying from UK and paying premium prices...and have to order some black glasses from IBtanked.....but that still leaves me without the SS spare tank and makes it very expensive......

So my questions:
- no shop except the one in the UK sells the o-rings? Does an extra set come with the Kabuki?
- I can't find the SS replacement tank anywhere...where did you get yours?
- anyone perhaps have another address where to buy Kabuki stuff...can we buy directly from HOH?
- when I have warranty issues, can I directly deal with HOH even from outside US (if seller gives me issues)?

Bonus question: if there will be a black version, any estimate on when it wil be available....cause I need that one even more :thumbs:

Yes, I know alot of questions :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread