Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I can't decide between the TFV4 and the uwell Crown.
The vapor sounds too much from the TFV4, and the amount of juice it uses.
So I think I'll try the crown, as I'm not a big cloud chaser.

I am a mod womping flavor chaser who also tootle puffs. Most of my vaping is around 20 to 30 watts. Yet the TFV4 I love. Awesome flavor from it. Yes it blows big clouds but it also delivers big flavor. I havent tried a crown yet but its been recommended to me and I will get one just to see what its like but I can say, you cant go wrong with the TFV4.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Has anyone ordered from Cvapor? They have a good price on the TFV4 coils. I picked up a pack of the quads at $16 something and the dual coil RBA for around $6-7. I've been checking every other day since I ordered them 4 days ago, but no chance in processing yet. Hopefully they'll get here soon. I can abuse the TFV4 to my hearts content now that I started DIYing.

Meanwhile, the single coil RBA is working really damn good at 60w with a 24g 2 wire twisted coil at 3mm. 5 wraps at .55 ohms, wicked with cellucotton rayon. I've been using that for about a week now and it hasn't leaked a drop. Trimmed the tails at an angle decently thin since it's rayon, just poking out of the wick holes. I'll take a pic when I take it apart, gotta wash the menthol out of it.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Tootle by day, TFV4 by night :)
That's me right now... I'm using an Eleaf GS-Tank with a 1.2 ohm coil in it most of the day now (occasionally I use my Kanger subtank plus which I usually build to ~0.7 ohms). In the evening I like to blow clouds. Be it from the TFV4 or my Velocity RDA clone I chuck clouds much of the night.

Night_mirror

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2015
Richmond, VA
I can't decide between the TFV4 and the Uwell Crown.
The vapor sounds too much from the TFV4, and the amount of juice it uses.
So I think I'll try the crown, as I'm not a big cloud chaser.
I found the juice consumption to be comprable between tanks, about 15ml per day while using it ALL day

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
It wasn't my black TFV4 that was shipped, it was just the coils. Not tried them yet.

2vtxi1h.jpg

2nsufqw.jpg

Basically its a triple on the bottom and a triple on the top, not 6 in a circle like the coil picture shows. I like the fact they are 0.4ohm, more in my vaping range. Lets hope the flavor is on par with the quad.

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
10qbgow.jpg
wrj62p.jpg

j5grkh.jpg
znpspd.jpg

I'm going to start off at 40w and go up 10w increments up to 100w, maybe more :)

I'm also going to compare it to the Quad coil mostly, as for me, that gives the best flavor but I will also compare it to the triple as well. I will be using the same juice in all, which is a Strawberry and Custard Cream 70VG 30PG 4mg nic which I mixed myself at 25% flavoring (pretty high).. Your experience may be different to mine due to different juices, different nic levels and PG / VG ratio's and of course flavorings. I'll also be vaping my other tanks with different juice so the flavor in the TFV4 doesn't get muted.

First off, no leaks or gurgling, no priming, filled up and let it sit for 5 mins, few primer pulls and started off at 40w, pretty pointless at 40w, not doing much for me, so up to 50w..

I can't possible take the review any further until I have vaped about 3 tanks through it, all I'm getting atm at 50w is that new coil taste mixed with Strawberry. I'll also be giving my pro's and con's against the quad and triple coil..

EDIT - As soon as I pressed the fire button the coil reading is bang on 0.4 ohm's and has stayed there.

Back soon, just look at the nice pics while you wait :)

Last edited:

stanmar

Nov 18, 2011
UK
I'm a cloud chaser and love huge clouds even if I go out I still take dark horse or mutation x with me. The problem for me is driving. When I drive I vape all the time, non stop. It's rather dangerous to use a dripper in this conditions [emoji61]
I have couple subtannks but TFV4 is my favourite. I use it with the deck so with the right coil, wick and juce I blow huge clouds through the window and laugh looking at surprised people passing by. It really is a good tank and have unique filling system that put me off at first from buying it but now I just love it. Quick and clean filling, ready in seconds. I think of buying another one as with my use it gets hot rather quickly.
I would recommend this tank to everyone. [emoji100]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: chopdoc

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Got a pack of the 1.5ohm dual coils today. Enjoying them so far. They're rated for 20-45w but don't really get going until 30w, currently running one at 35w and getting a good amount of vapour and flavour. Great option for those like me who don't want to vape at huge wattages.

2chly0n.jpg

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
well I just pulled the trigger on a 5 pack of the quad coils... eeryone was raving on them so I decided to jump for it. depending on how you like the sextuplet coils i may order a pack of them next week... Also lookig at the TI coils... So many choices... Oh and I have to get the dual coil RBA. Crap, im gonna spend more on accessories that I did the tank!

Reactions: skrymir

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Has anyone ordered from Cvapor? They have a good price on the TFV4 coils. I picked up a pack of the quads at $16 something and the dual coil RBA for around $6-7. I've been checking every other day since I ordered them 4 days ago, but no chance in processing yet. Hopefully they'll get here soon. I can abuse the TFV4 to my hearts content now that I started DIYing.

Meanwhile, the single coil RBA is working really damn good at 60w with a 24g 2 wire twisted coil at 3mm. 5 wraps at .55 ohms, wicked with cellucotton rayon. I've been using that for about a week now and it hasn't leaked a drop. Trimmed the tails at an angle decently thin since it's rayon, just poking out of the wick holes. I'll take a pic when I take it apart, gotta wash the menthol out of it.
They got to me a few days faster than fasttech but they are more expensive

Reactions: Cacique

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok guys and gals, this has been a difficult one for me, a real tough one as these Sextuple coils are really closely matched to the Quad for flavor..

50w, cool vape but not much flavor
60w and 70w still a nice cool vape but the flavor isn't what I expected
80w, better !
90w , the sweet spot, slightly warm and I mean slightly, so much flavor and vapor coming off this for a 0.4ohm coil, not as warm as the Quad but then that's to be expected.
100w, I got a very very slight dry hit, the first on this tank since buying it, might have been user error but back down to 90w.

I have been backwards and forwards comparing the flavor, its so close, just too close to call right now and I really need to try a lot of different juices to fully commit and I'll post more later.

What a lot will like about these over the Quad is the cooler vape which still produces more than enough vapor, chucking clouds at 6v, 90w. The battery life seems the same and I think it drinks about the same juice too.

The triple is last on the list but then for me it always has been, I'd take the Quad or the Sextuple coils over the triple every time.

Sextuple Pro's

Cooler vape at 90w (personal preference)
Seems to wick really well, slightly better than the quad, I get more bubbles from the coil, even on the third tank, always a good sign.
Flavor is so good, not used to this kind of flavor with a cooler vape.
Another pro but probably won't matter to some, you can use the TFV4 with these coils on mods that don't like you going below 0.3.
For a 0.4ohm coil, it produces a lot of vapor, the most I have seen for that Ohm coil, not far off the Quad, I'd say the Quad gives thicker clouds though.
Tank is cooler to the touch, something I really noticed, even at 90w, might be a big plus to some.
Less likely to leak ???

Sextuple Con's

Like the triple, it only holds 4ml of juice
More expensive

To sum it up, if you like a cooler vape then I'd buy the Sextuple, it you like a warmer vape get the Quads, it really comes down to that, it closes the gap flavor wise now, before I found the triple was cooler but less flavorsome and to get that flavor you had to run the Quads which gave a warmer vape but not so now. The triples are out for me and I wouldn't be buying them.

With all that said and done, would I buy the Sextuple ones again, ha, probably not, no, I'm going to stick with the Quads as I don't mind a warmer vape, I like the 5ml capacity, its most certainly needed in this tank, also the price is better, we may even see a slight drop in price now too. I will say that the Quads are prone to leak more, where as the triple just seemed to fix that, seeing as the sextuple are the same design, I'd say they will be the same. I seem to take more care when cleaning the tank and putting it back together or when changing the coil, these quads either don't leak or they flood, there is no in between, again though, this is just my personal experience.

I'm sorry I couldn't give a definite answer yet to which was the best flavor but that can only be a good thing as I rate the Quads as the best flavor on any tank on the market right now, (Pre built coils). I expect them to divide the crowd as I had real trouble deciding, for now, I'm calling it a draw.

If people were thinking that the Sextuple coils were going to be way ahead of the Quad, well they aren't, you can't go wrong with either, as I said before, cool vape Sextuple vs warmer vape, Quads, that about sums it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread