Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Has anybody here tried Peg's Rebuilder's Toolkit [video], [website]? What did you think? Are they good high-quality tools included, and at a decent price, or would I be better off assembling a similar kit piece-by-piece? I want to get into rebuilding and I know that I will need an ohm-reader at the very least. This kit looks like it has all the essentials, but I don't want to get it if it's just a bunch of crummy junk that I'll need to replace eventually anyway; I'd prefer to get it right the first time, rather than have to buy all the same things over and over again...

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Has anybody here tried Peg's Rebuilder's Toolkit [video], [website]? What did you think? Are they good high-quality tools included, and at a decent price, or would I be better off assembling a similar kit piece-by-piece? I want to get into rebuilding and I know that I will need an ohm-reader at the very least. This kit looks like it has all the essentials, but I don't want to get it if it's just a bunch of crummy junk that I'll need to replace eventually anyway; I'd prefer to get it right the first time, rather than have to buy all the same things over and over again...
Looks like "crummy junk" to me. You can do a lot better for the money... or a bit more money.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Seems overpriced for the type of stuff you get. You can buy nicer versions of everything separately for around the same price.

Don't skimp out on tools, but don't go overboard either. You can't go wrong with Craftsman tools (Sears), which are great quality yet affordable. Especially if you get tools that are marked "HAND TOOL FULL WARRANTY" -- if it ever breaks, it gets replaced free of charge, just bring it in to your local Sears. You'll pay a few dollars more, but they will basically last forever.

Reactions: GlamBarb

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
If your breaking Craftsman tools making coils, you may have other issues than the tools.... :) But I agree. Everything in my building kit is Craftsman with the exception of the mandrels (I made my own from SS Round bar), The cutters, and my ceramic tweezers. Ok, I guess just my needle nose pliers are craftsman... But whose judging me. :)

ddloco

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Rialto,California
If your breaking Craftsman tools making coils, you may have other issues than the tools.... :) But I agree. Everything in my building kit is Craftsman with the exception of the mandrels (I made my own from SS Round bar), The cutters, and my ceramic tweezers. Ok, I guess just my needle nose pliers are craftsman... But whose judging me. :)
Lol to the mf l I was all over the place after reading this u are too funny

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread