Worried about leaving coils/tanks out

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Lately I found myself paranoid about organisms for me if I leave a tank / coil out filled with juice. For instance I have other coils that I've swapped out but they haven't gone back yet and they have juice in them. Should I rinse my tanks and leave them empty when there unattended and should I throw the coils that have been out away?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If your coils are still good and you are just wanting to use a new one for a different flavor how about storing them in a small bottle of PG? You may want to go ahead and clean your tanks out for storage. I personally am not the least bit concerned about anything contaminating my used coils or tanks but that is just me because I understand that PG has antibacterial qualities. You have to do whatever is comfortable for you.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Bacteria will not grow in juice. The only breeding ground - drip tip. I almost never wash my tanks. I wash drip tip at least twice a day. I can grab a tank which was in a drawer for 2 months (filled with juice) and vape it - no difference with freshly filled one. But I am DIYing. I know my juices are clean (I buy only colorless flavorings). I remember two juices from the time I was buying them: one had separation of liquids, another one developed sediment after a few months of storage...

EDIT: of course, if you leave filled tank for too long (like six months or more) nicotine oxidation could be noticeable (just theoretically speaking, never tried it with my tanks).

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Lately I found myself paranoid about organisms for me if I leave a tank / coil out filled with juice. For instance I have other coils that I've swapped out but they haven't gone back yet and they have juice in them. Should I rinse my tanks and leave them empty when there unattended and should I throw the coils that have been out away?

If you are using a replaceable coil setup, then best to use up a coil and be done with it, than let coils sit around for days or weeks somewhere and wonder if they are clean enough to use.

For those of us using rebuildables there's no issue; we just dryburn and rewick.

Oh; so if you get the subtank mini and a 10pack of RBA heads, then it's like having a replaceable coil head setup but you have the ability to dryburn and rewick an old coil without needing a microscope to perform microsurgery.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
A replaceable coil will have some PG in it. Personally, I don't worry about it. I have a bunch of toppers in my line up and I clean them until I put new juice in. The new juice has PG. Speaking of getting sick, not since I started vaping. No colds, etc.
I have to second this. I used to get a strep like virus every year when my wife got strep. Since we've been vaping neither of us has gotten anything but stomach bugs (2 years). Even those are mild. I have hearing loss from excessive ear infections and usually have 2-3 sinus infections a year. Nothing in the last 2 years. When I'm not finished with a prebuilt coil I just toss it in a shot glass full of vodka and rinse when most of the vodka has evaporated and let air dry. Pop it back in and it's as good as new. No problems with getting sick.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread