Nichrome n80

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
does anyone else get wick turning red/purple inside n80 coils, nothing to do with juice and tried both koh gen do and rayon.
Nope, I never noticed that and basically all I use is 24-26g N80...I wick with organic cotton mostly, although tried Japanese cotton and didn't like it much..
A couple times I noticed a little black on the wicks but that was caused by vaping a dry hit at fairly high wattage.. (80w+)
Never seen them turn red or purple though...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Cheker

Sep 2, 2015
Nope, I never noticed that and basically all I use is 24-26g N80...I wick with organic cotton mostly, although tried Japanese cotton and didn't like it much..
A couple times I noticed a little black on the wicks but that was caused by vaping a dry hit at fairly high wattage.. (80w+)
Never seen them turn red or purple though...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

I use 22g tried it with multiple wicking materials it doesn't really cause a problem it just bothers me ha. It's not like it's burning it just changes even after a few vapes with fresh coil and cotton :s

Reactions: smacksy

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
What juice you using? Some colorings, sweeteners, even acidic liquids like cinnamon, banana, or citric flavors could be causing chemical reactions in the coil wire. I've had several liquids do this to me and I quit using them, if the doing that to metal and leeching into the wicking, WTH is it doing in my lungs, know what I'm sayin...

Cheker

Sep 2, 2015
What juice you using? Some colorings, sweeteners, even acidic liquids like cinnamon, banana, or citric flavors could be causing chemical reactions in the coil wire. I've had several liquids do this to me and I quit using them, if the doing that to metal and leeching into the wicking, WTH is it doing in my lungs, know what I'm sayin...

See this is it I've tried loads of juices through it diy juices and premium, I can't see it being down to all the juices I've tried having a certain ingredient in them. Yeah I get what you mean, I'm also very in depth with everything involving my vape, it's the best way to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread