Status
Not open for further replies.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Bill I would hate to see this go but it is very understandable , this has been the best thread to me on ECF it is so bitter sweet. Maybe someone who has the time could pick it but if not this thread will absolutely go down in history and all your hard work will not be forgotten, you have help many people.

I read Legend was a NET and I do not like NETS but if its blended good there may be a first.

I like getting on alien Visions Thread and saying BRING BACK RAF!!!! At least once a year...but just has not worked yet,,,:cry: RAF just had that classic profile with Aliens signature taste to it....sigh.... They really need to bring it back so may people are vaping now, I am sure the cost would finally work out for them.

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Even though my half-filled bottle of Raf-a-licious (purchased in December, 2011) is far too strong for me now---it's 18mg nic, and I vape 3mg or less these days---I just vaped a bit of it, since I still have 100 RY4s loaded into ancient cartos and clearos within easy reach on my desk. Even at 3 1/2 years old, and despite too much nic, Raf is still great.

If we could perform some sort of magical incantation rite and bring back Backwoods Brew RY4 and Alien Visions Raf-a-licious, we could permanently fill two spaces on the All-Time Hall of Fame Top 10 List of Retail RY4s.

Passer, thanks so much for your kind and generous words. Vaping has changed almost immeasurably since we began this thread four years ago, way back in June of 2011. Back then, there were no high-wattage regulated VW box mods, no sub-ohm tanks, no temperature control, and no cloud chasers. The ubiquitous eGo battery had only recently been brought to market. 510s weren't even standard connectors at the time, still competing with 808s and 901s. Vapers bought, tried out, discussed (and complained about) such "new" innovations as blue foam, dual coil cartos, and homemade syringe tanks. The earliest variable voltage mods were just beginning to appear. Shoot, almost no one did direct lung hits back then. These days mouth-to-lung vapers are becoming a rare and endangered species (tootie puffers, LOL). Even I gave in over the past year and now can't imagine MTL vaping anymore.

The world of RY4s has expanded in numbers and flavor profile, but---by and large---the great RY4s from 2011-2012 (or earlier, as far back as 2007, when RY4 was invented off-the-cuff one day by Lugo from Janty and a Dekang flavorist) remain just as good today.

We've done some yeoman work in this thread---reviewing, discussing, analyzing, and ranking approximately 200 RY4s, mastering our own DIY RY4 creations, exploring the history of RY4 and revealing some little-known facts while debunking other commonly-held but incorrect myths. I daresay that this thread is almost single-handedly responsible for categorizing RY4s into two classes: Classic (Chinese-style) RY4s, and Custom (modern American-style) RY4s. Before this thread, the majority of vapers didn't even know about RY4's Holy Trinity of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla flavorings. Along the way, a small cadre of posters came on board and hung in there loyally---you conspicuously among them. I'd have given up on the thread long ago were it not for your support and encouragement. You folks know who you are, and I regard you all as RY4 aficionados, experts, and my good friends.

Whether or not I update The Big RY4 Lists any further, I won't close the thread. I like to see it putter along as its occasionally discovered by newer vapers, or as you stalwarts add a post here and there.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I havent tried many RY4s but my ADV is Open Source Vapor RY4. I have plenty (over 400mls) so I would be happy to send some to one of you for review. It's 9mg nic. Please let me know as I truly love this blend. To me - it is very rich and creamy with caramel and vanilla with sweet tobacco notes. Shoot me a PM - happy to help! Thank you for all the effort put into this list. I now have a resource to seek out some new vendors :)

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Even though my half-filled bottle of Raf-a-licious (purchased in December, 2011) is far too strong for me now---it's 18mg nic, and I vape 3mg or less these days---I just vaped a bit of it, since I still have 100 RY4s loaded into ancient cartos and clearos within easy reach on my desk. Even at 3 1/2 years old, and despite too much nic, Raf is still great.

If we could perform some sort of magical incantation rite and bring back Backwoods Brew RY4 and Alien Visions Raf-a-licious, we could permanently fill two spaces on the All-Time Hall of Fame Top 10 List of Retail RY4s.

Passer, thanks so much for your kind and generous words. Vaping has changed almost immeasurably since we began this thread four years ago, way back in June of 2011. Back then, there were no high-wattage regulated VW box mods, no sub-ohm tanks, no temperature control, and no cloud chasers. The ubiquitous eGo battery had only recently been brought to market. 510s weren't even standard connectors at the time, still competing with 808s and 901s. Vapers bought, tried out, discussed (and complained about) such "new" innovations as blue foam, dual coil cartos, and homemade syringe tanks. The earliest variable voltage mods were just beginning to appear. Shoot, almost no one did direct lung hits back then. These days mouth-to-lung vapers are becoming a rare and endangered species (tootie puffers, LOL). Even I gave in over the past year and now can't imagine MTL vaping anymore.

The world of RY4s has expanded in numbers and flavor profile, but---by and large---the great RY4s from 2011-2012 (or earlier, as far back as 2007, when RY4 was invented off-the-cuff one day by Lugo from Janty and a Dekang flavorist) remain just as good today.

We've done some yeoman work in this thread---reviewing, discussing, analyzing, and ranking approximately 200 RY4s, mastering our own DIY RY4 creations, exploring the history of RY4 and revealing some little-known facts while debunking other commonly-held but incorrect myths. I daresay that this thread is almost single-handedly responsible for categorizing RY4s into two classes: Classic (Chinese-style) RY4s, and Custom (modern American-style) RY4s. Before this thread, the majority of vapers didn't even know about RY4's Holy Trinity of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla flavorings. Along the way, a small cadre of posters came on board and hung in there loyally---you conspicuously among them. I'd have given up on the thread long ago were it not for your support and encouragement. You folks know who you are, and I regard you all as RY4 aficionados, experts, and my good friends.

Whether or not I update The Big RY4 Lists any further, I won't close the thread. I like to see it putter along as its occasionally discovered by newer vapers, or as you stalwarts add a post here and there.

11HxElzKUMmBxu.gif

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
I also had a rare find yesterday. The final FINAL 10 ml of BWB RY4 from 5/8/12. I thought I had PIF'd my last bottle to a friend who is head over heels for the stuff. Loaded it greedily...and it just didn;t work for me. It had that almost arti taste I associate with casablanca...and more fearfully VS juices. Couldn't vape it.

I am really sad to say that even the top selections on the BIG list have turned on me. I just can't handle RY4 anymore. Help me

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
No problem, BJ. Vaping is an evolutionary practice. Sure, while I'm sure that some people find their sweet spot and stay there for many years, for most of us vaping grows and changes, sometimes gradually and almost imperceptibly until critical mass is reached and we look up to find ourselves changed, other times with shocking rapidity, like a whirlwind. As Dorothy said when she found herself on the Yellow Brick Road, "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

I don't feel even remotely the same way about RY4s now as I did four years ago. Moving on is perfectly OK.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
My tastes have changed through the years. I just "go with the flow" and vape what tastes good today. I am not vaping near the amounts of NETs I did last year, but sometimes they are the only thing that will "scratch that itch". My fave RY4s are still good to me, but I don't vape them nearly as much as I used to.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Not so sure about that. I have quite an amount of Dekang RY1, RY2, RY3 and RY4 left from 2007 and find that they taste more "chemical" than today's juices.
I think most people have fond memories about them but wouldn't like them as much when they were released today.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Vintage The Lengend ... Well atleast I did get a cool case. The juice is not for me at all. Custom all the way, the trilogy is there and it is mixed good but on top of all what should be goodness comes a really bitter, sour taste that just takes this RY4 to a level that's not even enjoyable. I am not even going to give this a grade but it will go down as a RY4 that I got to try.

So I did find this and you don't have to order juice to get one.... Angelcigs E-Liquids Dropper Bottle(5PCS/Pack)

Reactions: Big Juicy

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
I havent tried many RY4s but my ADV is Open Source Vapor RY4. I have plenty (over 400mls) so I would be happy to send some to one of you for review. It's 9mg nic. Please let me know as I truly love this blend. To me - it is very rich and creamy with caramel and vanilla with sweet tobacco notes. Shoot me a PM - happy to help! Thank you for all the effort put into this list. I now have a resource to seek out some new vendors :)[/QUOT
I havent tried many RY4s but my ADV is Open Source Vapor RY4. I have plenty (over 400mls) so I would be happy to send some to one of you for review. It's 9mg nic. Please let me know as I truly love this blend. To me - it is very rich and creamy with caramel and vanilla with sweet tobacco notes. Shoot me a PM - happy to help! Thank you for all the effort put into this list. I now have a resource to seek out some new vendors :)
I would love some of that juice! Do you still have any left?

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
A while back, someone mentioned "HY4" from Heartland Vapes and I bookmarked the page on their website.

small bottles: HY4 - 10ml (10 Pack) Wholesale Premium Bottled e-Liquid at Heartlandvapes Heartlandvapes Wholesale
bulk: HY4 - Wholesale Premium e-Liquid at Heartlandvapes Heartlandvapes Wholesale

Well I finally got around to ordering a bottle of it and it's a big one, 250ml. :vapor:

After a few tokes of it in a Derringer clone, I'm right pleased with it. If there is anything on Bill's A list that it's close to, I'd say it's like the Mr Vape RY4. It's got about the same look and smell. The 50/50 blend isn't as strong on flavor but it has a similar base flavor to it and a little of the zing you get in the Mr Vape product. Not as good as Mr V, probably a little sweeter, but it's a good vape on it's own and it's pretty cheap. I've tried quite a few RY4s that cost more than this one but weren't as good. I'll probably order some more of it when this bottle runs out. I'd give it a solid B or B+. Hands down the best cheap RY4 I've tried.

The 250ml bottle with UPS shipping included was $28.49 and they got it out fast. Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned HY4. I'm too lazy to go back and look. :thumb:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'm hoping some will post some good DIY RY4 recipes.

I have one flavoring recipe to offer...

7% The Flavorer's Apprentice RY4 Double
7% Want2Vape RY4

Mix of course to your prefered PG/VG ratio and nicotine level. I'm currently using ~50/50

W2V RY4 is not inexpensive, but has some low notes not found in others. I find it a little much on its own, but mixes well with the ubiquitous TFA RY4 Double

I'd like to get some variety back in my DIY RY4s. Who has recipes to offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread