Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
My Squape Rs just arrived at my doorstep and I cannot wait to set it up. I just wanted to be safe, but does any one know if it's safe for the ematal coating parts to be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner with vodka? Or is just plain soap an water better?

Yes.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I've had 2 SQR clones. 1 was decent in flavor and somewhat leak free, the other was a horrible mess, liquid would pour out of the AFC no matter how much cotton I packed and regardless of which deck I used. So for the SQR, the decent clones are apparently not something you come across often.

That being said: Get the original, you know you want to ;)
my problem is with the one from eciggity . juece run right out ! twice . only to find out that the factory forgot to put the o rings in ! made a curved copper part for pushing evenly on the oring install . worked great ..till the next morning . again juece all over the mod and on the table, three quarter tank " only " this time . needles to say I don't think much of the design of the o ring system . the should be factory installed the way they are. I ll try one more thing and will use aquarium silicone to glue the glass tank in .after that I do have a garbage can .
shame so ..vaped realy nice about twenty times ..let standing up right over night to discover the mess.
customer support want a picture dooo of missing parts ??
bought a aromamizer ..sweet,

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
my problem is with the one from eciggity . juece run right out ! twice . only to find out that the factory forgot to put the o rings in ! made a curved copper part for pushing evenly on the oring install . worked great ..till the next morning . again juece all over the mod and on the table, three quarter tank " only " this time . needles to say I don't think much of the design of the o ring system . the should be factory installed the way they are. I ll try one more thing and will use aquarium silicone to glue the glass tank in .after that I do have a garbage can .
shame so ..vaped realy nice about twenty times ..let standing up right over night to discover the mess.
Never had any issue with the authentic leaking juice. Using the Squape R for 3 months daily and have recoiled 4 times, rewicking weekly using the "W" deck. Excellent RTA.

Reactions: fogmust

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark

Never had any issue with the authentic leaking juice. Using the Squape R for 3 months daily and have recoiled 4 times, rewicking weekly using the "W" deck. Excellent RTA.

I can only agree with Freedom2Vape here. I have 4 SQuape R, all running with no issues for months now. Easily the greatest tank I've ever used, no doubt about it :)

And as mentioned in the post you quoted rolf, the clones are pretty "unreliable" to say it in the nicest way possible. Just remembered now, that I actually received one at some point, with glued glass. Who in their right mind would do that?! Anyway, if for the o-ring issues: Make sure that they're correctly seated (if your clone have grooves for the o-rings) and lube them and the outside of the glass up with PLENTY of e-liquid, before attempting to seat the glass. It's tricky, but it can be done. I've only tried it on a clone though.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I can only agree with Freedom2Vape here. I have 4 SQuape R, all running with no issues for months now. Easily the greatest tank I've ever used, no doubt about it :)

And as mentioned in the post you quoted rolf, the clones are pretty "unreliable" to say it in the nicest way possible. Just remembered now, that I actually received one at some point, with glued glass. Who in their right mind would do that?! Anyway, if for the o-ring issues: Make sure that they're correctly seated (if your clone have grooves for the o-rings) and lube them and the outside of the glass up with PLENTY of e-liquid, before attempting to seat the glass. It's tricky, but it can be done. I've only tried it on a clone though.
hi lazybulldogge !
thanks the come back. yes I will try once more with some o rings a ecf member send me . they look different than what I tried with. I agree gluing is not to nice .... some times you have to do it to salvage a project . looking for grooves .. will have to try a magnifying glass . thanks for the tips . do you try to place the o rings in first ? and then slide the lubed glass in ?
or place them on the outside of the glass tube and then shove it in ? and adjust the placement . ?
sure would be nice to see a video of it
in two weeks I will be in Bremen to visit my sisters . practicing my germen now !

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
hi lazybulldogge !
thanks the come back. yes I will try once more with some o rings a ecf member send me . they look different than what I tried with. I agree gluing is not to nice .... some times you have to do it to salvage a project . looking for grooves .. will have to try a magnifying glass . thanks for the tips . do you try to place the o rings in first ? and then slide the lubed glass in ?
or place them on the outside of the glass tube and then shove it in ? and adjust the placement . ?
sure would be nice to see a video of it
in two weeks I will be in Bremen to visit my sisters . practicing my germen now !

Fit the o-rings in the tank and lube them, then fit the lubed up glass. Once the glass is in, you won't be able to adjust the o-rings, so make sure that they are seated properly first. That's how I did it at least.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The squape clones are awful. Seriously nobody should bother. They're that bad.

I'd say the biggest issue with the 3f one is the dual oring system in the base. The "main" deck portion before you slide on the swappable parts. I've no idea if that's the way the authentic is.the floating base gets pushed up if the 510 is too far extended.

I got the clone to try before dropping $$$ on an authentic And I can get it to vape with really had resistance jumping if you look at it sideways funny.

The issue is. If the flavor is even 75% of the authentic I can't see buying a squape. I can't say it tastes better than a kayfun clone.

I wish shops around me carried authentic mods because basing on clones is pretty unreliable. That said. There are a fair enough number of issues with resistance on the authentic I'm put off.

I'll be interested to see their next generation I think.

Last edited:

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I love the squape R for its ease of building and I've been running the same coil for over a month, just rewicking every week. The flavor - to me - was lacking, though. Fortunately, my wife fell in love with it and absolutely loves the (imo) dry vape. She doesn't build, but has me work on it when she says the flavor is off.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
I will keep my hats off to drippers, but the squape is definitely running a close second!! That is with both a w and d deck on the 2 that I have running. Flavor good, vapor better. I have a b deck, that I still have not used, so if that's the problem I can't help. Gave the kayfun away, yes gave it!! Can't say enough good about the squape experience!!!!

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
I just ordered a Squape RS authentic today equipped with a W deck and I have also ordered the S, and D decks. I understand this is mostly a MTL device which is the style I vape however I am still curious what type of gauge one can use along with coils size? For example will 26 gauge fit in the deck? What type of coils sizes will this support? My preference is using coil sizes around 3mm 26 gauge .5 ohm. Will a coil of this configuration work in the RS?

Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread