Eleaf istick 100w 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
I don't see the big deal about the buttons especially at this price, mine rattle but only when purposely shaking it.

Only slight issue is neither of my STMs sit flush on it. Literately got it this morning and haven't tried anything else yet so I still have to see how my Lemos and rda's fit on it.

Yeah, my subtank plus doesn't sit completely flush either, there is an ever so slight gap that I can see between the atty and mod, tho atty is secure on it.

You're right, it is an inexpensive mod, but the lack of a rattle would have been nice and would have given it a higher level of quality feel to it.
:thumb:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Has anyone popped the top off this thing to see if maybe something could sure up the rattle on the power button? I don't have an allen wrench that small but the button is right below.

Makes me wonder if some 3M think tape cut in a smallish square could placed behind it. If they just would have used rubber button inserts this thing would be so solid :)

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Has anyone popped the top off this thing to see if maybe something could sure up the rattle on the power button? I don't have an allen wrench that small but the button is right below.

Makes me wonder if some 3M think tape cut in a smallish square could placed behind it. If they just would have used rubber button inserts this thing would be so solid :)

@duc916 took one apart, but couldn't get to the root of the rattle, post 36 in the thread.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
@duc916 took one apart, but couldn't get to the root of the rattle, post 36 in the thread.

Ahh I see. The button is rattling against the hole in the mod maybe. I think only removing the button and coating (maybe from back also) but the front edges with some rubber coating would quite it down. That's my theory but that is not practical. If there was a think edged rubber seal that could in to trim that hole that would help also, but again an odd long shot of figuring out what would work.

If they ever do a V2, rubber buttons eleaf, rubber buttons or rubber trim ring around button openings or a solid button for the win:)

Last edited:
Reactions: JimDrock

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Well, vapemail delivered yesterday, and I made sure to charge it overnight to balance the newer Sammy 25Rs with the onboard charger. I've been going at it mostly independent of other mods (took my REO when I left the house for an errand). I'm at hour #11 between 40W-70W between different coils and toppers. I'm showing a smidge of battery remaining. I'm not happy about that. I was sincerely hoping for ~16-18hrs out of the dual parallel batteries.

Will a dedicated pair of 10A 3000mah (20A-combined) power the boost circuit?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hmm, mine is doing surprisingly well with battery life, even with the 2100mah of the vtc4s. I've run it consistantly at 60W since it arrived. It seems to be getting better battery life than my series wired Sig 100Ws. Interestingly though, my VF clone gets the worst battery life of all my dual battery mods, and its parallel and running the lowest power. It drives me nuts, to be honest. I can't even get through a 5ml tank with it. I am happy with the battery life of the istick.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Well, vapemail delivered yesterday, and I made sure to charge it overnight to balance the newer Sammy 25Rs with the onboard charger. I've been going at it mostly independent of other mods (took my REO when I left the house for an errand). I'm at hour #11 between 40W-70W between different coils and toppers. I'm showing a smidge of battery remaining. I'm not happy about that. I was sincerely hoping for ~16-18hrs out of the dual parallel batteries.

Will a dedicated pair of 10A 3000mah (20A-combined) power the boost circuit?

This mod does not last as long as say a Sig 150 (which is series) IMO @ the 95 watt range. But what it does offer is on board charging which is pretty sweet. I only use in when I am in the area but man it is convenient.

The silicone sleeve will encase the buttons so I suspect if the mod just came with one in the box most would not care about the rattle so maybe they will include it down the road. This device for me is plenty of juice to run my Crown tanks.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
If they ever do a V2, rubber buttons eleaf, rubber buttons or rubber trim ring around button openings or a solid button for the win:)

Not gonna happen. Eleaf, iSmoka, or whatever is all about getting to 95% of a finished product... We tolerate it because it's cheap and it works, mostly... That last 5% is the chinciness you have to live with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread