Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning all.

Sorry Drott. Not QUITE December! But it's coming!

Not that you can tell from the weather though. Ungh. We were supposed to stay in the mid to upper 80's yesterday, which is why I hopped on the bike yesterday morning. It was around 95 on my way home. Today, they're actually calling for mid 90's again. I am so ready for the temps to drop into the low 80's so we can open the windows in the house again.

Not too much else going on. Kat will be going to volleyball practice again, they practice five days a week unless they have a game. And their first game is next week, I think. The coach said that as long as Kat shows up to the practices and helps out where she can, she'll be able to stay on the team when her boot comes back off.

And with Melanie not practicing today, I'll be able to hit the gym. Today is lower body, which means its going to suck and I hate it. Leg day always sucks.

In the mean time.... House Blend rawks. That is all.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hubby took Alex to do the testing at voc rehab office. I went to work and to the bank and we got home at about the same time. Work was pretty easy today although one of my dogs didn't show up at 8:45 this morning and at 11:00 they called and asked if they could still come in. I really had no choice to say anything but yes but I wasn't happy about it. I say if you miss your appointment time by 2 hours then you just have to reschedule. I was almost done for the day and then that dog came in. Luckily I was able to pass it on to the other groomer so I got out of there quickly in case she changed her mind. :laugh:

I've actually accomplished some housework today instead of putting it off. Hubby is searching for a way to block social media on Morgan's computer. We can block it on her phone but we haven't done it on the computer until now. I'm naming all of my grey hairs after the kids. :laugh:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I think I'm done for the day. Between three days, Ive gotten three pallets in, two pallets out, one pallet ready to go out, plus about 50 individual boxes that have had to be sorted and inventoried and shelved by project and then separated by site installation location. And naturally, nothing ever comes in together, so some has to sit on the floor waiting on the rest to come in. I finally got a lot of it finished today. Not that you can really tell. My warehouse is just back to it's "normal" phase of messy. Yep. I'm going to take a 10 minute vape break, then start packing up for the day.

Still not looking forward to going to the gym. Did I mention I hate leg day??? BUT... your legs contain the largest muscle groups in the body. And if you can make them bigger and stronger, you burn more calories even at rest, meaning you're increasing your metabolism, which means more fat burned with less effort, which means more weight loss. And it minimizes losing lean muscle mass when youre trying to lose weight. Yeah... now that I'm getting close to my goal, all kinds of fun stuff has to be thought out to make sure my body is doing what I want it to. It makes my brain hurt sometimes.

ANYwho.... Y'all have a good evening. I'll see youns tomorrow!!!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I am not a fan of exercise at all. That's probably the reason I've gotten stuck in this plateau for the past three weeks. Hubby said maybe it's my body telling me that I'm good at this weight. Nope. I've got a little more to go and and I'll be there, only 15 more pounds to go.

Reactions: Bamrz

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Mornin'.

Well, the ride in to work this morning was GARBAGE. Some idiot woman decided that she wanted to rear end a pickup truck towing a trailer on the interstate. What really made it fun, was that the first traffic report I heard on the radio said nothing about it. The next traffic report came on as I got on to the interstate with traffic not moving... nothing. Over a half hour later, a whole two miles driven, I get passed the wreck, THEN the traffic reports an accident. :glare: 20 minutes ago, they said that the back up was over 10 miles long. I hope that the rest of my day doesnt unfold the same way my drive to work did. To make it even better, like I said before I left, yesterday was leg day... I drive a manual transmission POS Accord... Driving a manual transmission in traffic after leg day is torture. My clutch leg constantly quivering while trying to hold the clutch down.

I am not a fan of exercise at all. That's probably the reason I've gotten stuck in this plateau for the past three weeks. Hubby said maybe it's my body telling me that I'm good at this weight. Nope. I've got a little more to go and and I'll be there, only 15 more pounds to go.
I cant say I'm a huge fan of it either. But, I cant argue with the results I'm getting. I'm also at about 15 pounds to go. Maybe less. I'm to the point now where I'm not watching my weight so much, but my body fat percentages. I'm actually hoping to lose only another 10 pounds, but I want to see my body fat drop another 10%. To do that, I need to gain more muscle mass while losing fat. And that is why weight training is so important right now for me. That, and maintaining a proper diet, making sure I'm eating enough calories, carbs, and protien so my muscles can regenerate and build back up after a workout. I've also cut out cardio. It's just weights now. Apparently, cardio can cause your body to break down muscle tissue for the proteins needed for endurance training. I'm trying to figure out the best method/routine for me. For instance, on upper body day, I'll hit chest for one set, then do arms for a set, back for a set, abs for a set, then go back to chest and repeat at least three times. Doing it that way will minimize rests between sets which keeps my heart rate up, which means that the weight training can count as cardio.

Thanks, Bamrz! This is the best I've ever done on a diet of any sort. I haven't been this size since before I had Morgan.
ME TOO! Well... not since I had Morgan, but you know what I mean...

Kinda...

Technically, I havent been this slim since boot camp. But I'm bulkier than I was then. Does that make sense?

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I think I just got a new part time job... After the county rec guy never emailed me back about being an umpire, I called him. He said if I could go buy a uniform this weekend, I could be on the schedule Thursday. No interview. No training. No questions asked. Just, hey, yeah, I can schedule you for the two game Thursday. :blink: It's going to make it really difficult to juggle Melanie's softball and Kat's volleyball with this, but for $30 per game, and usually 4 games per week ($120 per week), it'll be just enough to put us over that income/outcome hump. And since its less than $600 a month, no taxes need to come out. And it will only be through October.

Time to get going. Google says traffic is already carp. Blech. Thank god I still have air conditioning in my car. Melanie says its my turn to take her to practice, so I dont guess I'll be able to relax today. Silly kids. :wub:

Y'all have a good day!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
While I know that exercise is going to help lose more weight, get muscle, get healthier, etc., I say that I'm going to do it like walking or something (better than nothing). Then I always make some valid excuse why I can't go. I am definitely out of shape although the weight I've lost makes a big difference. My sister is a gym rat but she doesn't like going either. If we lived closer to each other then I may be better about exercise. Just having a buddy to do it with is helpful to me.

I spent most of the day with Granny. I did a little bit of cleaning when I got there and then she decided she wanted to go to Ollie's and Food Depot. She doesn't drive any more and she hardly ever gets out of the house then we hopped in my car and went shopping. I intended to buy just kcups at Ollie's but walked out $50 later. Got some good deals though. Then on to Food Depot. As far as groceries go I don't really like shopping there but their meats a great! And they always have something good in the meat dept on sale. I bought a few odd and end things but the bulk of the $50 was spent of meat. I bought some fresh brussel sprouts and have them in the oven with some chicken breasts with a lemon pepper seasoning sauce. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

The weather here is mild right now. It's hot but tolerable. Hubby and Alex bathed all three dogs while I was gone today and we're having an awful time with fleas on Shrek. He's scratching and biting at is tail and back end mostly and I feel so bad for him. I'll think that I have it under control then bam! They are back. We treated the yard and sprayed the house. The other two surprisingly are fine. I've tried most of the chemical flea stuff but it just doesn't seem to do it for Shrek. I found a "recipe" for an all natural flea powder and did some research on it. It seems that a lot of people have had success with similar recipes with the same ingredients. I've got to order the ingredients but won't be very expensive at about $30. I've spent way more than that on all the other stuff so I'm going to try something different. I'll let you know how that goes. I am very hopeful.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Technically, I havent been this slim since boot camp. But I'm bulkier than I was then. Does that make sense?

Lordy! I don't think I want to ever be as bulky as I was in boot camp again! I gained 15 pounds, and I think it was like 7 1/2 in each thigh. :blink: I couldn't get the jeans on that I wore down there, they just wouldn't go over the danged thighs! :lol: Did you have to do the dreaded "mountain climbers"? I think that's what did it.

One more day of work (Saturday) and then its 2 weeks VACATION!!!!!!!
HappyDance.gif~original
Not a danged thing planned, either. Who knows what I'll end up doing! :)

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Jealous. We cant get two whole weeks off at a time.
Some people take 3 weeks, but to get 4 they have to submit 3, wait until everyone else has chosen, then submit for the 4th week. So we're not really limited, other than trying to keep one person from blocking a whole month if anyone else wants time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread