Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Remixing every mix and adding DNB and MTS. This is what has been missing my friends! Just mixed up one that I am going to call Old Dirty Captain...name says it all. By far the best liquid I have tried yet. MTS and DNB...never leaving home without it!

VZ Old Captain 2.5%
INW DNB 1.5%
FA MTS 0.5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Ok most of you know I use wee amounts of flavoring...so question do you think I could order NET e-liquids and use them as flavorings? I think some of the pipe offerings sound very very delicious. Thoughts anyone? ;)

I do that all the time with good results. My favorite pipe/cigar flavor is Patriot from GoodEjice. It's an eliquid, not a concentrate. Their Wrangler Light is also very good but it's more like a light cigarette flavor. For my taste, I mix 50% Patriot with 50% Red USA and let it steep at least two weeks. In your case you, 20% or even less of Patriot would do. This flavor won't disappoint. It gets Rave reviews.

NET Tobacco eLiquid

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Remixing every mix and adding DNB and MTS. This is what has been missing my friends! Just mixed up one that I am going to call Old Dirty Captain...name says it all. By far the best liquid I have tried yet. MTS and DNB...never leaving home without it!

VZ Old Captain 2.5%
INW DNB 1.5%
FA MTS 0.5%

What is FA MTS? I know I know - I should know:oops:

Reactions: JD1

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Reactions: JD1

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Ok most of you know I use wee amounts of flavoring...so question do you think I could order NET e-liquids and use them as flavorings? I think some of the pipe offerings sound very very delicious. Thoughts anyone? ;)

I know you usually use .5 to 1% of a regular flavor strength so I think you can. You may just need to add a little more, lets say 2 - 4% should do it.

Reactions: Dixie1954

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Now I feel stupid I know what Vape Wizard is lol :lol: :blink:

Vape Wizard is supposed to blend flavors and bring them together. It reportedly does so by temporarily altering your taste buds - a crazy idea if you ask me. Why would I alter my taste buds instead of just tossing an unwanted flavor?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
The funny thing Exchaner, is that it is the same as TFAs Smooth. A lot of people use a lot of additives, but just as I like my food plainer I like my vape with out so much stuff. ;) And by the way this woman bought a 30ml bottle of TFA Smooth, before I knew better. :laugh:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
The funny thing Exchaner, is that it is the same as TFAs Smooth. A lot of people use a lot of additives, but just as I like my food plainer I like my vape with out so much stuff. ;) And by the way this woman bought a 30ml bottle of TFA Smooth, before I knew better. :laugh:

I did a bunch of flavor test/reviews and ever since then I been only liking and mixing mainly simple single flavors for my tobacco vapes without any additives ever since. With the quality of flavors we have available today its kinda hard to improve on whats already good.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I was reading labels today out of boredom and noticed something completely surprising. Inawera's DNB is not an artificial flavor like the rest of their stuff. The label says made from tobacco leaves for direct use. I wonder if "direct use" means in can be vaped by itself. And since it is made from tobacco leaves, doesn't that make it another form of tobacco absolute? I have been using 2 drops per 10 ml in my mixes, and aside from the ashy note, I do not get much flavor. I may have to go 5 drops in an unflavored base to see what the stuff actually tastes like.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
MTS definitely blends and thickens and mellows... Smooth is supposedly more for non tobacco blends

If you like your vape mellow and smooth, then MTS is for you. I like mine crisp and sharp.

And man, how did you come up with that avatar? Weird !!

Last edited:

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
I was reading labels today out of boredom and noticed something completely surprising. Inawera's DNB is not an artificial flavor like the rest of their stuff. The label says made from tobacco leaves for direct use. I wonder if "direct use" means in can be vaped by itself. And since it is made from tobacco leaves, doesn't that make it another form of tobacco absolute? I have been using 2 drops per 10 ml in my mixes, and aside from the ashy note, I do not get much flavor. I may have to go 5 drops in an unflavored base to see what the stuff actually tastes like.
Inawera actually sell a base flavoured with DNB at 4% if memory serves. Never tried it myself, but I would imagine it tastes very ashy.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada

That DNB is made from Tobacco leaves does not surprise me. There are leaves at the bottom of the tobacco plant That are harvested for their dryness and easy combustion, These are called Primings, and Lugs And are the oldest leaves in the plant. After curing they hold very little flavor and are brittle, and dry but are used because they aid in the combustion of the cigarette or what have you.
If you were to smoke a cigarette made solely of these leaves it would taste like ashtrays, or burning straw, not that I ever smoked burning straw, but there it is....DNB might just be a lug, or priming extract.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I was under the impression that all the Inawera flavors (including fruits, etc) are usually a mix of natural and artificial flavors. But anyways, yes the DNB is supposed to be from tobacco leaves plus their other TA's.

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Finally got around to tasting INW Gold Ducat. That hint of honey to it is amazing. Going to have to mix a large batch of this!

Mixed at %5, max VG. Vaping it in a subtank at 40 watts. Taste like a pipe tobacco with a hint of honey.

Interesting that you get honey from Gold Ducat. I definitely get Champagne from it as the sweeter end note. Either way, its a fantastic single flavor.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
If you like your vape mellow and smooth, then MTS is for you. I like mine crisp and sharp.

And man, how did you come up with that avatar? Weird !!

It is Zach Galifianakis...although I do wish I was the one in that tub with those cute little ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread