Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Reactions: Oberon75

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I just picked this up yesterday and wanted some suggestions on the best way to build it to maximize surface area since I have a lot of room to work with. I'm using it on a dual battery, SX350j.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Are you comfortable with fancy pants coil builds? I could see some massive fused claptons or alien wire taking up all that space. Being able to go down all the way to .15 ohms makes those complicated builds much easier. Having lots o space for extra wraps doesn't hurt either.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Are you comfortable with fancy pants coil builds? I could see some massive fused claptons or alien wire taking up all that space. Being able to go down all the way to .15 ohms makes those complicated builds much easier. Having lots o space for extra wraps doesn't hurt either.
I'm considering going that route eventually but no time to actually sit down and learn right now. About the fanciest builds I do right now are twisted and parallel.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
11419116_1459801244340325_321340061_n.jpg

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I'm considering going that route eventually but no time to actually sit down and learn right now. About the fanciest builds I do right now are twisted and parallel.

Well, you could just start twisting some wire and then keep twisting it lol. There are some coils I've made that I'm not even going to try putting in my little rda. If you take a 6 foot section of 28 gauge, double it back, twist it, repeat twice, you'll have a nice tight wire that will hold a lot of juice. Not too bad of a vape at all. Takes about 5 minutes, and the only real con is how much space it takes up, which isn't an issue with your case.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Well, you could just start twisting some wire and then keep twisting it lol. There are some coils I've made that I'm not even going to try putting in my little rda. If you take a 6 foot section of 28 gauge, double it back, twist it, repeat twice, you'll have a nice tight wire that will hold a lot of juice. Not too bad of a vape at all. Takes about 5 minutes, and the only real con is how much space it takes up, which isn't an issue with your case.
Thanks for that idea. I'm going to attempt it after the kids are sleeping.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
And how many wraps and diameter do you recommend?

I'd have to have it in front of me to really accurately gauge it, but if you used 10 wraps per side at 3.0 or 3.5 mm you'd have lots of surface area to use. Should be around 0.5 ohms when dual coiled; don't quote me on that, that's just a guess. It'll be a bit difficult to bend unless you anneal it. Twisted wire likes to stay straight, oddly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread