What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
....... I can do RDAs at home but not when I'm on the road or at work. Too much of a hassle......... ;)

After discussing the savings of my on line snus order, I decided to replenish my nicoticket liquid that was getting low. I got lucky and they had a 50% off liquid sale going on. While ordering, I saw they had the Alliance rda that holds about 3ml of liquid. For me that's like a week of vaping, almost tank sized.

Last edited:
Reactions: hittman

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
Well, I got some Thunder Frosted Ultra Dry White.
I should probably go sit down for a little. EDIT; Not really.

Frankly, it's not very good. About the same as any other frosted V2 offering. I'm not impressed.

The nicotine level doesn't really seem as high as reported either. I believe it claims 46 or 47 mg/g. So that's the equivalent of jamming 6 portions of General Mint in your mouth at once. Seems extreme? I tried two at once this morning after no nicotine for 12 hours or so. I did not vomit, I did not feel dizzy, I didn't even get a buzz.

Now, it could be said that I am a hardcore nicotine addict and I doubt anyone would refute that. I thought after 12 hours that two portions at once would have put me on the floor. Not the case.

Does it have a higher than average nicotine content? Surely. Is it vomit inducing, vertigo causing, falling over dead potent? No way.

Naturally this will differ for everyone. I typically snus sterk and extra sterk portions mixed in with standard stuff and the occasional bit of los when the spirit leads. My go to recently has been the Lab 12 Strong Mint with Skruf Tranbar and Slim Fresh Hylleblomst to mix it up. I also have one cigarette a week. Still one too many, but I'm down from a pack every twelve hours, so I'm going the right direction.

The moral of the story? Life is too short to waste time and money on mediocre snus.

Frankly I'd rather go with Oden's Extreme Dry White Cold. Sure the alleged nicotine levels are half of the ultra stuff, but it's better snus.

EDIT; Frosted Ultra White Dry is 42 mg/g.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    One question that goes thru my mind is whether the portions are actually 1g each. One thing that people don't really pay attention to is that the nic rating on snus is per gram. If the portion isn't one gram then you're not getting the rated nic. I've never cared for any of the thunder frosted snus. Just not a flavor that I enjoy. I tried the odens extreme and extreme 59. It didn't make me sick but I definitely felt the nic in it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I stopped by my favorite discount smoke shop this weekend and got lucky. They had a fair amount of snus in stock so I grabbed 15 cans of mint. It came out to 2.66 per can with tax. I noticed while I was there that several people were coming in for eliquid and stuff. They have a pretty good size glass display case full of hardware and tons of different liquids. They actually have some decent equipment. They are carrying aspire, smoktech, eleaf, and some other different stuff that I didn't recognize. They are a little higher than online but not terrible.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm not ready for this under 60 degree weather. It's better than stinking hot and humid, but it is chippy.

Got my shipment in from Buysnus finally. It got to about a week and it hadn't arrived and I sent an email. Turns out my CC payment never went through. I thought there was something strange when I tried to pay but the site said it did after the blip I had. However, I thought it strange that I didn't have an email acknowledgment. They got back to me a couple days later so I emailed back to see if I should just forget about it. When I didn't hear anything the next day, I tried the payment again, twice, with the same blip. The only thing I could figure was that I might have put in the wrong expire date for my card. Who knows, but it arrived fast after that without getting any advanced notice from UPS. Fortunately for them, I was home.

The puppies have been strange. Bella, who didn't like me at first, is always around me now. She's become my sleeping buddy. My dog Gizmo, who wouldn't let me alone when I got "persuaded" to buy him, is only an occasional visitor although he's the one I take on the bike once in awhile. Maybe he's afraid I'll take him again. :rolleyes:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    This is the third time I've gotten it at that shop for the same price. I was down to about five cans and was going by there to drop my daughter off somewhere so stopped in. I'm hoping this will be their regular price since it's a "discount" smoke shop. I have been thinking about a TFV4 tank and they had one for 39.99 but it was the one that doesn't come with the rba deck so I passed. The guy that runs the store is super nice and very accommodating.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I've been checking out that TFV4 tank lately as well Hitt. Good reviews and I like the design. It's getting time to retire the Kayfun due to the leaking and hassle of refilling from the bottom. I like the slide out top on TFV4. Something so simple you would have thought someone else would have came out with it years ago. I'd like to see some long term users opinions on if the top loosens up over time. That would be my only concern.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Darn, I never enter the giveaways. I guess I'll start. Four in a month! Amazing.

I feel really bad. I just found out that they had a memorial service for one of my best friends from high school last week and I didn't even know about it. He died back in '72 or '73 when the plane he was instructing in for Navy had an airborne collision with a Marine plane in Pensacola. It was one of those terrible periods of my life as I was the one that told him he could get into the Navy after he had failed to qualify for the Air Force. He had failed their math tests that I had passed easily for the Navy and he was almost as strong as I was in that area so I told him to give it a go. I had wanted to be a pilot back then but, when I found my eyes weren't good enough for anything but navigator, I backed out and ended up getting drafted by the Army after graduation.

I went looking for his grave site a couple times, the last time last year. I was a pallbearer, but I couldn't find it. I was pretty messed up at the time, but I don't see how I could have been that far off on where is final resting place was. His sister, who was 7 years older, was there and I found an interview that was done after the memorial. I contacted the photographer hoping he has some contact information and get her in touch with me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I never used to do any contests but a friend on another thread got me interested. So far I've won a Disrupter by innokin, an aspire triton, 30ml of liquid, and now a cloupor mini temp control mod.

Roth good luck on tracking down that info. I just recently signed up for FB since my daughter left for college. I thought it'd be nice to keep up with her. She's not huge on using social media but has posted a few pics from activities at school.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Done! That's a nice little mod, hope I win. :) That's a lot like an iStick 50w with a replaceable battery, much nicer.

I've tracked down his sister and she's living in the same house she lived in almost 50 years ago. I was there once and remembered the location but not the specifics and didn't know her married name so never considered trolling the neighborhood. I'll definitely be stopping by to see if she remembers me and find out why I haven't been able to find his grave site.

Oh, you have a friend request.

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth your avatar reminded me that there was a squirrel chattering in the tree beside my driveway yesterday when I got home he was just staring at me and making this funny noise. I really need to get that tree trimmed back some before I end up with squirrels jumping onto my roof and finding a way inside. My neighbor had that happen and borrowed our live trap to catch them in his attic.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Back in the day when I owned apartments, I got a call from my friend, who was renting from me, that there was noise in the attic. Sure enough a squirrel had made it's way in somehow and was running around trying to find a way out (stupid). The attic had a big glass window that flipped open on a couple hinges so I propped it open with a stick. She had one of those big throw pillows that I borrowed as some protection and chased it around for about 5 minutes until it finally found the window and flew out. I was concerned that it would find its way back in but it never did.

Users who are viewing this thread