Vaporflask v3! Yihi SX350J powered Flask is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Aug 31, 2015
I've been waiting for this way to long, I'm almost about to just get a dna200. I wanted to get both, a flask and a Dan 200 but that's a lot of $$$$. Flasks better hurry, I'm getting impatient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I actually wanted any dual battery mod that had the sx350j chip because it is a tried and true chip. I want the dna200 as well but figured that a sx350j would hold me off until the hype sort of dies down with the dna200 or at least until some good reviews are posted. I didn't really know about the VF sx until I searched to see if they would ever be making one and stumbled onto this thread. I'm glad I did but I also look forward to the dna200 someday. Good luck to you. I hope it works out.

RtotheK

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
california
I've always wanted a flask and have a couple dna40 mods so it will be nice to try out a new chip. Thank you, I will wait for this guy to come out, I don't need 200. For those of you who got the password to log on and place an order, have they shipped yet? Just curious if anyone has one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I'm a fan of the VF because of long two 18650 battery life, being the only mod with the screen you can read while you vape (that I'm aware of) & ergonomics/aesthetics.

I'm not into drippers much anymore and prefer flavor to clouds. So I use RTAs running tempered nickel and find I rarely go above 20 watts. That said, I'd love a VF DNA 200 with long battery life in parallel and going into high watts doesn't matter to me. I get the impression many don't share my opinions & preferences on this and therefore wouldn't be satisfied with a DNA200 chip that can't deliver 200 watts.
As of now, the only dual 18650 DNA200 mod I know of is the boxer (which also has a 300j chip edition) but they're batteries are in series, so the battery life is shorter but can push higher watts.
I hope it'll be a matter of time before they release a DNA200 flask with their true to form dual 18650s in parallel even though many will be disappointed by not pushing higher watts.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
It'll be never before they release a DNA200 with parallel 18650 batteries. The board REQUIRES a minimum of 5 volts to fire, and you can't get more than 4.2v out of a fresh parallel or single 18650. They have to be run in series, and even then, their stacked 8.4 volts output limits the board to 133 watts maximum, compared to the 11 volt 3S lipo packs it was actually designed for.

That said, two series batteries in a DNA200 running at the power levels you prefer should last ALMOST as long as a pair of parallels in a VF DNA40 or SX350J.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
It'll be never before they release a DNA200 with parallel 18650 batteries. The board REQUIRES a minimum of 5 volts to fire, and you can't get more than 4.2v out of a fresh parallel or single 18650. They have to be run in series, and even then, their stacked 8.4 volts output limits the board to 133 watts maximum, compared to the 11 volt 3S lipo packs it was actually designed for.

That said, two series batteries in a DNA200 running at the power levels you prefer should last ALMOST as long as a pair of parallels in a VF DNA40 or SX350J.
So what would the wattage be limited to with two18650s in parallel then? 60? Personally, since I'm pretty much a Ni200 RTA kind of vaper, 20 watts is plenty. The problem is that's just me and I was saying that many others want a lot more power and would be put off by not getting to utilize the full 200W or even anything less than 100W, which is why they've, at this point, decided to go with SX instead of DNA200- to make their customers happy and please as many as possible. Even having the SX in parallel was a decision they made to choose long battery life over higher wattage.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
So what would the wattage be limited to with two18650s in parallel then? 60? Personally, since I'm pretty much a Ni200 RTA kind of vaper, 20 watts is plenty. The problem is that's just me and I was saying that many others want a lot more power and would be put off by not getting to utilize the full 200W or even anything less than 100W, which is why they've, at this point, decided to go with SX instead of DNA200- to make their customers happy and please as many as possible. Even having the SX in parallel was a decision they made to choose long battery life over higher wattage.

We talking DNA200 or SX-350J? No way to make parallel work on a DNA200, as I mentioned.

With the SX-350J in parallel, since the amp draw is halved per battery, they're allowing 100 watts/joules in the version that's installed in the SX Flask, compared to 75w for the single battery SX Mini M Class. But it won't support the full 150 that Yihi will allow in dual series battery mode because there's not enough voltage output.

The reason they chose parallel is partly due to a BIT better battery life (seriously, dual serial mods are very close in actual run time to dual parallel mods, all else being equal), but it was primarily to avoid having to make even more extensive modifications to the Flask's basic design (it depends on the enclosure for common grounding, they'd need to build a "sled" of some sorts to isolate the batteries, then wire them in series and ground the sled, and they're already cramped for space as it is).

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I've got four new 3000mAh HG2s (brown wrapper) here that I'm quite happy with so far, but I was also happy with the 8 (yellow) LG HE4's I have, and the 6 (red) LG HE2s.

Didn't have any real problem with the pair of Samsung 25Rs I own either, but they perform on par with my HE2s, and are outperformed by my HE4s in runtime, and the HG2s outperform the HE4s by a fair bit.

Never bothered with Sony VTCs, the high risk of fakes, higher price and specs that were only marginally better than the LG or Samsungs turned me off them.

TL;DR: The LG HG2 is IMO the best bang for the buck 20 amp+ 18650 battery for regulated mods.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I vape 0.12-0.13 ohm tempered Ni200 single coils at 17-18W all day/night.

I've got a couple pairs of new legit VTC5's which I'm beyond psyched to have found after blowing way too much time looking for legit and getting bummed out each time when they turned out to be fakes and wouldn't even fit in my flask.

These legit ones fit in my flasks with tremendous ease and easily last me all day once again. (I had been using VTC4's which usually ended up lasting me half a day).

I also ordered a pair of the brillipower 3100mAh (40A) from the flask website which I have no experience with but am sure I'll be pleased.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Looks like those of us who did not receive emails, will not have a chance to order in this first round. The "pre-order" list was a google document. The link for the list was posted in a closed group. All 300 have been sold according to the rep I spoke to today.
Entering your email address on the site does nothing, except notify you when the store is up and running to the public.

I wish they would actually communicate on the public pages, instead of through a closed group.

Vendors should be getting them in roughly four weeks...

Reactions: ThunderDan

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Looks like those of us who did not receive emails, will not have a chance to order in this first round. The "pre-order" list was a google document. The link for the list was posted in a closed group. All 300 have been sold according to the rep I spoke to today.
Entering your email address on the site does nothing, except notify you when the store is up and running to the public.

I wish they would actually communicate on the public pages, instead of through a closed group.

Vendors should be getting them in roughly four weeks...
Ah, that explains it. Thanks for clarifying. I agree it would be nice if they posted that somewhere, I dunno, maybe on their website.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
For the record, I wasn't given any Google document link, nor was I part of any closed group. I simply entered my email address on the VF website several weeks ago. Then, on Monday of this week I got an email with instructions for accessing the store and placing an order. I have no idea what's going on, but agree they could be better with the communication.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
Gotta pass on this one. It's not the chip. It's the Vapor Flask name attached to the chip. Terrible quality control and communication with my last Vapor Flask.
Were your quality control issues with the board? If that's the case, you can thank Evolv for developing, and continuing to sell a crap product! I will be passing on all the DNA200 mods until I've seen proof that Evolv has fixed their poor QC.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
For the record, I wasn't given any Google document link, nor was I part of any closed group. I simply entered my email address on the VF website several weeks ago. Then, on Monday of this week I got an email with instructions for accessing the store and placing an order. I have no idea what's going on, but agree they could be better with the communication.

I have no clue either, I spoke with Preston when I called yesterday. All the info I posted came directly from him.

Please don't take my other posts as accusations, they were not meant to be an attack on anyone. Simply trying to relay the conversation I had with Preston yesterday.

Last edited:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Were your quality control issues with the board? If that's the case, you can thank Evolv for developing, and continuing to sell a crap product! I will be passing on all the DNA200 mods until I've seen proof that Evolv has fixed their poor QC.
Yes. They were with the board. Right out of the box. These things happen and I understand the lack of quality control. Seems all vaping gear suffers from this at one point or another. The deal breaker for me was the fact that Vapor Flask said that they would notify me and supply me with a tracking number when they shipped it back to me. 2 weeks later, I sent them a message asking them the status of my repair. They respond with an apology and a tracking number. When I looked up the tracking number, it said it was delivered in my mailbox . 3 days prior! It was delivered in someone else's mailbox. Fortunately, USPS tracked it down and I got it back. But the lack of communication from VF could have been costly and burnt me more than the board being faulty.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread