Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
If you check online there might be a Freecycle site nearby.

I LUV Freecycle! Just be prepared to do your own 'screening'; IOW don't fall fer BS excuses.

It's fulfilling to give stuff away to someone ya know appreciates it! Seen more tears via Freecycle than Iffy's dancing on toes...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I LUV Freecycle! Just be prepared to do your own 'screening'; IOW don't fall fer BS excuses.

It's fulfilling to give stuff away to someone ya know appreciates it! Seen more tears via Freecycle than Iffy's dancing on toes...

Yep, quite right. If a person doesn't show and they don't call to say they're car is on fire or something we just go to the next person who replied and offer it to them. You don't even have to be home for them to pick it up. We've picked up stuff from front porches with just a post it note with our name on it. We usually like to see the people who are picking up our stuff though because they usually tell us a little about what they want the stuff for. It's nice that they're happy to get it and we're happy to get it out of here.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Sometimes I wonder - just how addictive is nicotine. They always say it is a very strong addiction, but if that is true how can I set it down on the end table and go work out in the yard and not even think of it until I get back inside and sit back down.

We just went out on an evening for a couple of hours - got about 5 miles away and noticed that I had forgotten my PV - well I will get to it when I get back - no big deal - no urges - nothing... We even picked up chicken on the way home for supper - got back home - got the table set - ate and when I was finished - I turned on the TV - found my channel and then I remembered my PV - reached over and took a toke - hmmm, three hours and no thoughts of it - hmmm, when I was smoking cigs I would have stopped at the 5 mile mark and bought a pack - never would have made it 3 hours...

So just how addictive is this stuff. I am a firm believer that the real addiction was from the additives in the cigs and the tar from the burning tobacco more than the nicotine itself...

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Sometimes I wonder - just how addictive is nicotine... never would have made it 3 hours...

Yepper, is amazing to moi!

We even picked up chicken on the way home for supper -

Oh my, Phil, how our lives change! Remember when we used to pick up chicks at home to take 'em out for supper; back when da air was clean and sex was dirty?
old.gif

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
If you check online there might be a Freecycle site being operated for your area. We've given away lots of stuff that way, especially if we didn't have enough for the local Viet Nam Vets truck that operates in our area. No money involved. It kind of works like a bulletin board. Just list what you have to give away, somebody (or several) will answer and you reply to one of them to come get whatever you're giving away. You can also list things that you're looking for so if anyone has it, they'll be able to contact you. Just leave what they're picking up out for them and they come and cart it away.
In actuality we are giving away almost a whole house furniture plus all the miscellaneous "junk" MIL gathered. That's actually the problem. A lot of places don't want take the big lot at once like that. That's why we went with Faith Farm. They sent a special truck run and loaded everything up. They say they won't take anything broken but, the boys loading the truck said don't worry about it. They have a crusher that crushes it down to it's composit atoms and then pushes into a giant dumpster. Pretty cool. Next room is going to be the living room.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Sometimes I wonder - just how addictive is nicotine. They always say it is a very strong addiction, but if that is true how can I set it down on the end table and go work out in the yard and not even think of it until I get back inside and sit back down.

We just went out on an evening for a couple of hours - got about 5 miles away and noticed that I had forgotten my PV - well I will get to it when I get back - no big deal - no urges - nothing... We even picked up chicken on the way home for supper - got back home - got the table set - ate and when I was finished - I turned on the TV - found my channel and then I remembered my PV - reached over and took a toke - hmmm, three hours and no thoughts of it - hmmm, when I was smoking cigs I would have stopped at the 5 mile mark and bought a pack - never would have made it 3 hours...

So just how addictive is this stuff. I am a firm believer that the real addiction was from the additives in the cigs and the tar from the burning tobacco more than the nicotine itself...
I've been wondering the same thing. I actually think that the stinkies added a boatload of nic to cigarettes. They have to to make them as addictive, worse then Crack by all the studies I've read. I can put the PV down when I'm doing something and completely forget about it and I am a chain vaper. I also have noticed that my juice consumption is going down and. I'm really not trying to cut back. Kinda makes you wanna say mmmmm!

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida

Kinda makes you wanna say mmmmm!
I have to confess, when I was without my PV for six hours recently, I came home and chain vaped until I was nauseous. But, I also believe that I could put it down forever given the right mindset and desire. I didn't think I could ever say that about analogs. One of the reasons I have not built on my REO yet is that I am hoping to be able to quit vaping. I didn't think that might be possible when I bought it. That was the plan when I started vaping...to be able to wean myself off for good. I'm not ready yet.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Right now I have no plans to quit vaping, but never say never. I can go hours without, but I still miss the hand to mouth and flavor. I am a simple vaper, don't sub ohm/high watt and no desire too. I maintain my "habit/hobby" and am happy where I am. For now..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

And on the other end of the scale I get a kick out of people asking for; iPhones, 52 inch flat screen TVs, Apple computers, Xbox's, etc.

One of my favorites was a lady giving away rocks. Yes rocks, come and pick them up. Oh bring a shovel you'll have to dig them out of my garden. They may be useful for your landscaping.

I agree ... I can go much longer w/o vaping. Couldn't go more than 10 or 15 minutes w/o a smoke.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
my name is don i'm jewels husband. i'm very very sorry to have to tell you that she passed away 6 months ago tomorrow. i'm sorry that i didn't let you know before now, i'm not very computer literate and this has just been so difficult for me. occasionally i will be checking in under her log in i'm also a vaper.

Thank you for letting us know, Don. It's kind of hard to imagine, but her presence her brightened the porch.

As mentioned by many, if you care to join us, please do. You were her best friend, and she was one of ours.

Apparently, it's not.

"
Not the Great Satan

Perhaps most surprising is that, in studies by Boyd and others, nicotine has not caused addiction or withdrawal when used to treat disease. These findings fly in the face of nicotine’s reputation as one of the most addictive substances known, but it’s a reputation built on myth. Tobacco may well be as addictive as ......, as some have claimed. But as scientists know, getting mice or other animals hooked on nicotine alone is dauntingly difficult..."

Down low on the article here:

Nicotine, the Wonder Drug? | DiscoverMagazine.com

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Right now I have no plans to quit vaping, but never say never. I can go hours without, but I still miss the hand to mouth and flavor. I am a simple vaper, don't sub ohm/high watt and no desire too. I maintain my "habit/hobby" and am happy where I am. For now..

Ditto, Clnire. The habit, the little rituals (even if different from smoking).

And the potential benefits are icing :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
And on the other end of the scale I get a kick out of people asking for; iPhones, 52 inch flat screen TVs, Apple computers, Xbox's, etc.

One of my favorites was a lady giving away rocks. Yes rocks, come and pick them up. Oh bring a shovel you'll have to dig them out of my garden. They may be useful for your landscaping.

Yep, EVERYONE gives those away! :lol:

Glad my wife didn't hear about that.... she'd have bagged all the plants, too!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I have to confess, when I was without my PV for six hours recently, I came home and chain vaped until I was nauseous. But, I also believe that I could put it down forever given the right mindset and desire. I didn't think I could ever say that about analogs. One of the reasons I have not built on my REO yet is that I am hoping to be able to quit vaping. I didn't think that might be possible when I bought it. That was the plan when I started vaping...to be able to wean myself off for good. I'm not ready yet.
Whaaaaat? Quit vaping! Sacrilege! :lol::lol::lol:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

I'm with you guys. Put down the stinkies and picked up vaping the day I was told I had lung cancer. I could never had done it without vaping. I quite literally believe vaping saved my life. I will quit someday I am sure but, I'm not close to ready. The idea doesn't upset me, thinking about quitting smoking did.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Time for snoozing. Little later than usual but what the heck. Got a lot done and looking at heading to Virginia the middle of next week. Kind of looking forward to it but, on the other hand I'm getting comfortable here. See you all in the morning. Goodnight my friends.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

Refilling tanks-- I think I average close to 15 ml a day. Always having two spare bases coiled and wicked and ready to switch out. Much less messy and easier on my hands than marathon sessions with filling tubes. :cool:

I expect to be gone most of the day tomorrow-- kitchen work at church. Gonna take Serena, Num-Num, and Binky. All ready to go.

La Vamitresse is really sick. A coil at 1.25 on my ohmmeter measures 2.0 on my old faithful. :eek: At least she will deliver some pulsing shots to anything below 1.2. :lol:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Refilling tanks-- I think I average close to 15 ml a day. Always having two spare bases coiled and wicked and ready to switch out. Much less messy and easier on my hands than marathon sessions with filling tubes. :cool:
That's why I like the I30. Unscrew top. Fill. Replace top. Continue vaping. :) (Don't blink, you'll miss it)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Then I was asked if I wanted to represent them by placing reviews of their products around ECF - in return I would get benefits like products, advance notice on stuff, etc. etc.

This person just joined ECF last month, only had 4 posts in the new members forum
wow thanks for the heads up on that, and good catch

Sometimes I wonder - just how addictive is nicotine.
I dunno, some months back I felt like I was getting too nic'd and tried to drop from 24 mg to 18 mg of nic, and after 5 days I was climbing the walls. I can do 21, but can't go down to 18. So I'm addicted to it. But I can go a tad longer without vaping than I could with cigs.

One of the reasons I have not built on my REO yet is that I am hoping to be able to quit vaping.
poor lil reo. lol But I do understand, and if you're planning to try to stop, it's good that you aren't using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread