Kanger Sub Tank Mini OCC coil head giving a "Check Atomizer" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizor

Aug 27, 2014
PA
So I have the sub tank mini and like to use the OCC coils.

I had one burn out so i replaced it with a brand new coil.

It says Check atomizer when i try to fire the coil/atomizer.
I even tried putting a different brand new OCC coil in the base of the kanger and it still gives the same message.

I have tried as many things as possible to fix this issue and nothing has seemed to work. I also have put this tank on a couple different mods and it wont fire and says "Check Atomizer"

I was wondering if anyone has any trouble shooting steps for this.

Skizor

Aug 27, 2014
PA
if the mod says 'check atomizer' when there is no atomizer, then that means it is not seeing the coil.
So take the tank off and check if the same message happens.

When you screw the replacement head in, it might not be making contact at the bottom positive centerpin
Yea its not making a connection. I have just the base on with a coil and its all screwed in tight. Still giving the "Check Atomizer" Any ideas? Really would love to fix this

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Yea its not making a connection. I have just the base on with a coil and its all screwed in tight. Still giving the "Check Atomizer" Any ideas? Really would love to fix this

Take the base off and check whether the same message comes up; that way you verify that 'check atomizer' means it is seeing too high ohms.

I've heard before where bottom centerpin not making contact and people did things like tie a loop of kanthal around the base centerpin to push it downward to make contact.

Skizor

Aug 27, 2014
PA
here is exactly what happens

j6ict1.jpg

Skizor

Aug 27, 2014
PA
Have you tried a 3rd OCC head.

It is kinda Rare. But the 2nd one could be Shorted or the Coil is Broken.
Very True. I will try that out later on. I will keep this updated. I hope I dont have to buy a replacement base. I just am almost out of options. ALSO the RBA section with 10 built coils would give the same error message

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very True. I will try that out later on. I will keep this updated. I hope I dont have to buy a replacement base. I just am almost out of options. ALSO the RBA section with 10 built coils would give the same error message

Are you sure it is the Subtank Base and not the Mod that is the problem?

Does the Mod your using have a Spring Loaded 510 Pin? Or is it a Fixed Pin?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The only problem is it happen even with the coil that was working earlier. The RBA doesn't work either.

I would take the Center Pin out of the Air Flow Base, and then Clean it with Rubbing Alcohol. Then Gently remove the Rubber Pin Insulator and clean it with Warm Water.

If you put it all Back Together and it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what to Tell You?

Reactions: underwhelmd

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nothing works on this tank anymore even 3 new coils that were unopened. So ...... at this POS. No reason it should completely stop working.

If Nothing works on it, then it Really sounds like it is the 510 Pin on the Airflow Base.

How much is the 510 Pin sticking out of the 510 Connector on the Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread