Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Charlie picked up the girls this morning. He's SO HAPPY to have them home safe and sound. They don't even have stitches. The incision is very small and was glued back together. Modern medicine is simply amazing. He said they were playing and seem completely unscathed by their spa visit. Us on the other hand were a wreck waiting till we could bring them back home.

you should cook them some lobster :blink:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
If I am remembering correctly, John sees the flickering more so because of his field of work. He is more sensitive to that phenomenon.

v37 didn't have the issue - it was introduced in v38. A few people posted here that were able to see it, but yes, due to my video QC skills, it's easier to see for me. Also, the higher the brightness, the easier it is to see.

If anyone can't see it, but wants to know what it looks like, just look through the camera on your phone, at the P3 screen. The scrolling you see on your phone is what we see without having to use the phone. It's the refresh rate of the screen. Not sure why ProVape changed it, but it affects all menus.

Note for ProVape - It seems the screen refresh rate is a pixel clock? The refresh speed is different depending on how many pixels are lit, as in going from screen to screen, menu to menu. It could also be brightness related (where 100% would be all pixels lit, and 50% where half the pixels are used in a menu, etc.).

Hope you guys figure it out. If not, I'm going to want to downgrade to v37 - hope that's possible.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Yes Robin. You are correct. John can see this, but I certainly can not. And I suspect most of us can't. Besides, I don't really look at the display much and I have it timed to turn off the fastest it can.

It was the VERY first thing I noticed after upgrading to v38, immediately after the guy at the shop handed it back to me. I admit it might be more bothersome for me than most others. Such is the nature of my job. When I point things out on TV's or in the theater, my friends curse me because what they never saw before, they see all the time now. That's why I always ask if they're sure they really want me to point something out - some things can be unseen :)

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I hope they fix it for you... But, I am unaffected by it!!!

They shouldn't fix it for me, or for anyone else who can see it - they should fix it because they're ProVape, and they have a reputation to uphold.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Stay at v37 - the bug was seemingly introduced in v38. I upgraded from v31 to v38, but others posted here that were on various versions, and v38 caused the issue.

Thanks for the heads up.

I was waiting for an update to fix the early low battery blinking in any case

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Most, let me repeat...

MOST, Do Not View the P3 display like some would watch a TV...

And thus are not affected, nor bothered by, or even aware of the bug you see John.

I hope they fix it for you... But, I am unaffected by it!!!

Jim

Completely agree with you Jim. I have yet to see what John sees and even if I did, I'm not sure it would be enough to not upgrade, given the advantages (working down to .5ohm) the V38 upgrade offers.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It was the VERY first thing I noticed after upgrading to v38, immediately after the guy at the shop handed it back to me. I admit it might be more bothersome for me than most others. Such is the nature of my job. When I point things out on TV's or in the theater, my friends curse me because what they never saw before, they see all the time now. That's why I always ask if they're sure they really want me to point something out - some things can be unseen :)
Some 25 years ago while on a fishing trip in the Canadian wilderness I was invited by the lodge owner to look at the satellites as there would be no moon that night. I laughed at them and said it was not possible to see satelittes. They assured me I could. So that night I laid on my back at the end of the dock looking for the satellites. I could not see them to save my life. While everyone else is entertained by the satellite show, I'm laying there thinking I am being duped big time and I'm the .... of their joke. After an hour of that folly I went to bed feeling like a real dope. Next night they're out there again doing the same thing. I figure they wouldn't pull the same joke on me two nights in a row...would they? There I am, at the end of the dock laying on my back again feeling like a totalass times a hundred. After about 10 minutes, sure as Christ made apples, I saw it! Yes I did! A little light cruising in the sky. I screamed, "I see it, I see it!!!" They all screamed at me..."Told you so!". Then I looked some more. Another one!. Then another one. Another one. There, another, and another, and another. They're EVERYWHERE!!!! And indeed they were! Our sky is a super highway of satellites. One after the other. Dozens to be seen at any given time. You can't find them easily. You have to train your mind and eye to see them...not to mention just enough belief they exist. But once you find one, you can find a hundred of them.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Pretty much the only time I look at the display is when my coil is getting gunky, I need to up the power a bit. I should clean it but I just keep pushing the power to get the coil working more. Hahaha.
Occam's Razor.

I like it.

Reactions: Katdarling

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Some 25 years ago while on a fishing trip in the Canadian wilderness I was invited by the lodge owner to look at the satellites as there would be no moon that night. I laughed at them and said it was not possible to see satelittes. They assured me I could. So that night I laid on my back at the end of the dock looking for the satellites. I could not see them to save my life. While everyone else is entertained by the satellite show, I'm laying there thinking I am being duped big time and I'm the .... of their joke. After an hour of that folly I went to bed feeling like a real dope. Next night they're out there again doing the same thing. I figure they wouldn't pull the same joke on me two nights in a row...would they? There I am, at the end of the dock laying on my back again feeling like a totalass times a hundred. After about 10 minutes, sure as Christ made apples, I saw it! Yes I did! A little light cruising in the sky. I screamed, "I see it, I see it!!!" They all screamed at me..."Told you so!". Then I looked some more. Another one!. Then another one. Another one. There, another, and another, and another. They're EVERYWHERE!!!! And indeed they were! Our sky is a super highway of satellites. One after the other. Dozens to be seen at any given time. You can't find them easily. You have to train your mind and eye to see them...not to mention just enough belief they exist. But once you find one, you can find a hundred of them.

see the fnords

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Uh oh...... am I in trouble now? (again?)

I ALMOST sprang for one, TO. I did have the pleasure of seeing The Vaping Monkey's in person, and it really was quite lovely. He ended up getting rid of his just so as not to incur any future bad karma.

vih7.jpg

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
They shouldn't fix it for me, or for anyone else who can see it - they should fix it because they're ProVape, and they have a reputation to uphold.

I'm not going to send it back for something I don't see that would be a waste of my time and money. My upgraded P3 works perfectly. If i view the screen it's to check the battery status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread