• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your biggest insights since vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
Hi Guys,

Thought i'll kick off by posting some insights that i've learnt over the few weeks i've been vaping. It's super interesting to learn these things and i'm sure each of you have your own lessons. Would be good to start a thread to keep all of them. It might even turn into a sticky.

So some rules first. Please follow up by numbering accordingly. So if I do #1, #2, #3, next post should follow with #4, #5, etc.. Also, try to follow my format.

#X - Headline
Your insight in a few words.

Here is my first insight.

--

#1 - No rda/RBA/RTA is alike in flavour.
Many different atomizers exist in the market. Whilst it's common knowledge that performance is varied, nobody told me that the flavour profile is vastly different. I can literally do the same coil, same ohm, same wattage and same juice and have vastly different experiences! I may even start keeping a log book of which juice flavour works well with which RDA.

Rathalos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2015
#2 - Every little adjustments on the coil and wick affects the vaping experience.
The more i build coils and add more or less cotton and the way i tuck them in together affects how vape taste, like in general if i leave a small gap between the wick and a RBA wall i tend to get better and stronger flavours but it uses more juice, there's alot of learn but it's worth it i guess.

-Cheers

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Here are a few I've learned during my 4 years of vaping:

1. Making my own juice was the best thing I ever did. I can clone any juice and for pennies on the dollar.
2. If your juice starts tasting weak, nasty, or different simply change your cotton and burn off your coil.
3. Everybody's tastes are different. Someone may think a juice tastes nasty but it could be something you'd love. This goes with devices and tanks as well.
4. Lowering my nic to 3mg was the best thing ever. The flavor is more pronounced and I can vape all I want. I get the same nicotine in a day that I would if I caped 12mg less often but my juice is tastier because nicotine does change the taste some.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can of at the moment.

Reactions: javafreak

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
#5 Lingering Stench of analogs

Might not be exactly on topic as @javafreak intended, my biggest insight is just how strong and terribly awful the smell of analog cigs smell.

Driving down a busy road, I get that stench of a cigarette, and find the culprit three, four even more cars ahead of me. Nasty, just stinking not good in any sense of the imagination.

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
#6 Volume affects flavor

Not sure if I'm right on the buttons for this but I've realized an association between less chamber volume and more intensity in flavor. I can also adjust this by using a different coil setup and more cotton to influence the chamber volume.

Tried out a stove top and huge amount of cotton and the flavor is intense compared with a smaller coil stuffed with cotton even if running same settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread