FDA More news stories expose that FDA's proposed regulation would ban >99% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
But that's 30% of cigarette smokers, not nicotine users. We as ex-smokers/vapers know first hand the difference between being addicted to smoking cigs and being addicted to nicotine. I do not believe nicotine by itself is as addictive as some of the things it's compared too. Cigarettes maybe, but not nicotine. Unfortunately, in the eyes of the general public the two are one in the same. It amazes me how many people think nicotine is a carcinogen because they automatically think cigarette when they hear the word nicotine.

From my personal experience, yes, i'm still addicted to nicotine via vaping. However, the cravings are no where near as bad as when i was a smoker. I can go must of the day if i have to without vaping and the carving is mild, sometimes moderate if i'm stressed out. When i was smoking i would have wanted to punch someone in the face if i had to go a whole day without a cig even if i was just on vacation relaxing with nothing else irritating me.

I would gladly punch anyone in the face (and also call them an idiot, among other choice terms) who told me I couldn't vape.

Andria

Reactions: randyith

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
But that's 30% of cigarette smokers, not nicotine users. We as ex-smokers/vapers know first hand the difference between being addicted to smoking cigs and being addicted to nicotine. I do not believe nicotine by itself is as addictive as some of the things it's compared too. Cigarettes maybe, but not nicotine. Unfortunately, in the eyes of the general public the two are one in the same. It amazes me how many people think nicotine is a carcinogen because they automatically think cigarette when they hear the word nicotine.

From my personal experience, yes, i'm still addicted to nicotine via vaping. However, the cravings are no where near as bad as when i was a smoker. I can go must of the day if i have to without vaping and the carving is mild, sometimes moderate if i'm stressed out. When i was smoking i would have wanted to punch someone in the face if i had to go a whole day without a cig even if i was just on vacation relaxing with nothing else irritating me.
the source of their ramblings are from the statistics from
smokers. they completely ignore all the current studies
concerning nicotine as then they could not demonize it
then. the fact is nicotine has been of little concern since
the 1964 Surgeon Generals report on smoking stated
as much.
regards
mike

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
This is exactly the problem.

It's a problem of definition or meaning of words.

If you have the word 'marraige', in law, being defined, or presumed to be between opposite sexes, then changing the definition of the word can affect laws in an unintended way.

The same problem comes up in a somewhat different way with the "deeming" issue.

I support same sex unions; but I don't support deeming it 'marraige'.
I support microfogmachines, more commonly called e-cigarettes; but I don't support deeming them 'tobacco products"

This is exactly how I feel on both subjects as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OC Register has been writing favorably about vaping for a long time, correct? Other than that, I don't know much about them. If they really are a leftist newspaper, then that to me is hopeful, in that the only other media on the left I know of, that is a proponent of vaping, is Brad Blog. Many more lefty outlets are needed, though they'll probably never catch up to where the media on the right is in vaping truth. Support from both sides would be ideal, of course.

Mixed.... depends on writer.... Jacob Sullum, Reason Mag, had a positive article a while back...

Search - The Orange County Register

Another pro-vaping and anti-regulation article from today's OC Register:

Burdensome vaping regulation about revenue, not our health - The Orange County Register :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

dabbott416

Verified Member
Sep 3, 2015
Cincy, OH
The thing about these articles are never the articles themselves. It seems a lot of times the journalist or writer has a viewpoint that won't be swayed and so they'll write to one extreme or the other.

Either vaping is manna from heaven, or pure demon spawn. The thing that always pisses me off are the COMMENTS. People that visit those sites and take the time to comment have to be a group of the most ignorant bigots that can possible gather on one website. These people probably saw a person vaping one time, saw them cough and immediately decided that vaping gives you 9 types of cancer within the first tank, so they have to warn EVERYONE.

I don't think we'll ever get the change and laws we're hoping for without changing the entire outlook that people in general have. And that's sad.

Reactions: DC2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't think we'll ever get the change and laws we're hoping for without changing the entire outlook that people in general have.
This. All day long.

This is the thing that the entire vaping world should be focusing on.
And that means educating others.

Family, friends, co-workers, doctors, legislators...
Make sure those that care about you know how to tell the difference between truth and fiction...

I guess it's a big leap to think that legislators care about you though.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread