Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
My understanding is that Goodwill is for profit these days and if you can't buy it in the thrift shop you have to jump through hoops to get help from them. I haven't heard much good about then these days. We still take stuff to them but, more out of habit than anything else.
Welllllll
This "profit" thing is recent. They used to work with people to find them jobs - get them trained and then send them on interviews.... That didn't always work because businesses want people that are already trained. So they started hiring the people, and giving them training in the field they wanted so they could earn money while learning, THEN get a good job. It's one of those slippery slopes. start hiring people... raise prices to pay for them.... raise prices to market saturation (charities can charge more because you are helping and are willing to pay extra).... and it just snowballs from there.

I've been wondering the same thing. I actually think that the stinkies added a boatload of nic to cigarettes. They have to to make them as addictive, worse then Crack by all the studies I've read. I can put the PV down when I'm doing something and completely forget about it and I am a chain vaper. I also have noticed that my juice consumption is going down and. I'm really not trying to cut back. Kinda makes you wanna say mmmmm!
Actually, they added LESS nic. and more chemicals to make the "nicotine more effective". It's mainly these extra chemicals(MAOIs mostly) that we get addicted to. However, vaping higher nic will offset the cravings for the MAOIs. Eventually, many people can reduce the nic in small stages and get it to just where it needs to be and never crave burnt tobacco again.
Some people can even eliminate the nic completely. Not ME, but some people.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Time for snoozing. Little later than usual but what the heck. Got a lot done and looking at heading to Virginia the middle of next week. Kind of looking forward to it but, on the other hand I'm getting comfortable here. See you all in the morning. Goodnight my friends.
I will likely be in VA in a couple of weeks for a visit with some relatives there.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
my name is don i'm jewels husband. i'm very very sorry to have to tell you that she passed away 6 months ago tomorrow. i'm sorry that i didn't let you know before now, i'm not very computer literate and this has just been so difficult for me. occasionally i will be checking in under her log in i'm also a vaper.

Very sad to hear and I am sure very hard to tell us. Thank you for letting us know - I am with all the others that felt she was a friend and part of our "family" and have been missing her and praying for her.

I do hope you will feel comfortable stopping by. I don't post a lot - but I am so grateful for all the folks on the porch and try to at least read every day. So I am sure everyone will welcome you - regardless of how often you come to visit.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Actually, gearbest is another chinese fastech like company. But doesn't seem to be that cheap.

Gearbest is, I believe, a wholesaler. If you want say 50 of something, maybe ok. But what seems to be going on is that individuals are claiming to be GB and hawking the wares. Was some chatter about that on a thread I glanced at the other day.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I did a pre-order from GearBest. Once they finally had the item in stock, it still took about a month and a half for them to actually get it to me.

On top of that, they lied to me. After contacting them because it was taking so long, they made the excuse of not having a valid address for me (even though they had already shipped me something previously).

They had taken so long to ship that I had moved between the two times. They apparently didn't notice that I gave them a different address from the original one and shipped to the original address that they had already had.

If you're going to lie, try a little harder not to get caught in the lie.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Good-Morning-Coffee.jpg

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
So just how addictive is this stuff. I am a firm believer that the real addiction was from the additives in the cigs and the tar from the burning tobacco more than the nicotine itself...
I am truly inclined to believe you on this for reasons I won't get into now.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Ken_A said:
Another Kickstarter fulfilled!!!
I got my useless machine in a can and put it together today. It works just the way they say...
Here is a video of me using it to change the channel on the TV.
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/greypiffle/avape/IMG_4166.mp4
What the heck is that thing? Useless machine appears to be an apt description. More info please. Always interested in useless machines. Got a whole garage full off em. Lawnmower, weedwacker, rake, wheelbarrow, etc. :lol:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Did anyone ever see the movie starring Russel Crowe about the tobacco companies? The man he portrayed was a big honcho for them, he blew the whistle on all the addictive chemicals that were in cigs, designed to get people hooked harder and faster. His life was threatened and his family also.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Honey's I'm home!! I decided that I was going to give up caffeine and went with some Decaff coffee. Terrible, TERRIBLE experiment!!

Deb...try cutting your coffee to half regular and half decaf at first. Regular coffee was hurting my tummy so I switched to this combo...no more tummy problems with this mix.And it's good!

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Deb...try cutting your coffee to half regular and half decaf at first. Regular coffee was hurting my tummy so I switched to this combo...no more tummy problems with this mix.And it's good!
Yeah, I was having the same problem, but that's because I was drinking coffee before putting anything else in my stomach. I had to go out this morning and buy a cup of REAL coffee. That's just NOT going to cut it!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry guys, for my earlier bad behavior in the H/O:(
No need for apologies because we love you. (but you did scare me
smiley-shocked025.gif
)

Kay, not sure what is wrong with me but I had a cricket up my jammies this morning. I went out side and let him go and pretty sure he went and told his cricket friends, "You ain't gonna believe this
stinky-emoticon_zps2603b200.gif
." But it was better than the "nut". bahahahaha
laugh-pt-girl-laughin-hard-bangin-hand-on-table-gif.455470

my name is don i'm jewels husband.

You can not imagine how often all of us here have thought of her and will continue to now because we all loved her too. So sorry for your loss but it is so nice to finally hear from the one that she loved so. Please come back and get to know us. We already love you too!
tender.gif

im all alone in the HO :(

I came and greeted the morning with you. Never know when I'll "pop" in.
girl_haha.gif

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

At the risk of scorn from the 'caffeinated connoisseurs', we use...
OT499635S.jpg

... with half the caffeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread