Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good morning!

Always, best of luck with the home repairs. We had a fire in our home in Seattle and it was a nightmare to deal with the insurance company. Then, promptly after they cut the check they cancelled our policy.
You get one claim with home insurance policies. They'll drop you in an instant as soon as you make a claim so it better be a worthy claim cuz it will be the only one you get.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
You get one claim with home insurance policies. They'll drop you in an instant as soon as you make a claim so it better be a worthy claim cuz it will be the only one you get.
It was a worthy claim, but the new policy was very expensive for a while. Just one more headache mixed in with the re-building, replacing, re-locating... Hope to never go thru that again.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Insurance companies are such a scam. You need to have insurance to own a home, they MAKE you get it, so the insurance company has you by the balls. Then when you use it, they penalize you for using something you have been paying into for YEARS. They suck.

If you think about it, how many millions of people pay a monthly/yearly premium and never make one claim. One person makes a claim and takes some of "their" precious $$ and they get ...... and drop ya.

:censored:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Insurance companies are such a scam. You need to have insurance to own a home, they MAKE you get it, so the insurance company has you by the balls. Then when you use it, they penalize you for using something you have been paying into for YEARS. They suck.

If you think about it, how many millions of people pay a monthly/yearly premium and never make one claim. One person makes a claim and takes some of "their" precious $$ and they get ...... and drop ya.

:censored:
Well, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you but there is another side to the story. Home insurance is wrought with fraud. Customers purposely destroying their own homes or lying on their claims, etc.. What they found is there is/was an industry out there of cheats and thieves making fraudulent claims. They are professional fraud barons taking advantage of the insurance companies. This is why the insurance companies are quick to dump policyholders after a claim is filed. The recidivism rates are high. So really, the insurance scam is fueled by both the insurance companies and the fraud barons.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Robino1 the only way I have made peace with insurance companies is that they are a for profit business.
I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if we weren't forced to get insurance. I get why it is needed. Banks want to protect their investment. But :grr: They are up there with ANTZ as far as making my blood boil :laugh:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Well, I'm certainly not going to disagree with you but there is another side to the story. Home insurance is wrought with fraud. Customers purposely destroying their own homes or lying on their claims, etc.. What they found is there is/was an industry out there of cheats and thieves making fraudulent claims. They are professional fraud barons taking advantage of the insurance companies. This is why the insurance companies are quick to dump policyholders after a claim is filed. The recidivism rates are high. So really, the insurance scam is fueled by both the insurance companies and the fraud barons.
I get that also. My ex father in law ... Let's just say he was NOT a pleasant person. My ex Mother in Law was a sweetie. My ex unfortunately, had the drinking trait of his dad. He had some of the sweetness of his mom.... That's the part I fell in love with. The drinking and drugging ruined that part of him.

Anyway...... Back to your regularly scheduled ... ?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nah not scared off. Just busy Sun thru Thurs. and yes I'm still waiting to see if a sale comes up. I get notifications on my phone for this thread so it pings quite a bit.
Are you a boy or a girl? Always nice to know. :)

Meet the newest member of our family Amber...:wub:

Attachments

• amber-2.jpg
    amber-2.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 25

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Nah not scared off. Just busy Sun thru Thurs. and yes I'm still waiting to see if a sale comes up. I get notifications on my phone for this thread so it pings quite a bit.

It used to be a lot more posts. It would have drove you bonkers!!! :lol:

Meet the newest member of our family Amber...:wub:

O.M.G. She is beautiful! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread