Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'm 24, but I've never been a big drinker. I think part of it is seeing my brother and father be alcoholics. I was too scared to drink. My dad literally drinks from 0800 to 1700 everyday, eats then passes out. I don't want to live a life like that. However, give me Vodka and Orange juice and I'm happy haha. I know my limits though, so I don't think I would ever push the limits my body can handle.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I used to work in the bar business and drank every day (which was night - such is the upside down world of bars). Moved to high tech and now I drink about 4 nights out of the year. No conscious decision in either case. Life ebbs and flows.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
nosmo1.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL, no. Just a pic I forgot about from last week popped up on the phone.

The "no smoking" hotel badge especially notable, since where I was you couldn't breathe due to forest fire smoke. I was surrounded by beautiful mountains - they tell me. Couldn't see 'em.

Early start?

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Here's what's going on tonight...
download (9).jpg

Quite delicious. Juicy, floral & crisp, indeed (this one's not for you, RD, definitely floral!). I do love MN beer. Just wish it wasn't $11 for a six pack.
I drank crappy beer in college. I sure won't say no if someone offers me one, but if I'm buying, I get the good stuff.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Rudy I enjoy light easy drinking beers and this is one of them. I actually enjoy a large range if beers and always try and drink LOCAL beers when I travel.

Sent from Avril the REO filled with VM Tropical Ice!

Unfortunately most of the micro breweries in Vegas are not what they should/could be. What's the best is always speculative naturally. No idea where you are staying in Vegas but you might consider...

Banger Brewing Co that is probably rated at/near the top of the list. No food. It's just off The Strip (west) in the Fremont Street Experience (north side) just south of the 95 freeway.
Banger Brewing - Downtown - Las Vegas, NV - Breweries - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Not really a micro brewery, but the Yard House in The Linq (across The Strip from Caesar's Palace east down a lane) has a long list of West Coast craft beers on tap and a full food menu.
Las Vegas - The LINQ | Locations | Yard House Restaurant

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Unfortunately most of the micro breweries in Vegas are not what they should/could be. What's the best is always speculative naturally. No idea where you are staying in Vegas but you might consider...

Banger Brewing Co that is probably rated at/near the top of the list. No food. It's just off The Strip (west) in the Fremont Street Experience (north side) just south of the 95 freeway.
Banger Brewing - Downtown - Las Vegas, NV - Breweries - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Not really a micro brewery, but the Yard House in The Linq (across The Strip from Caesar's Palace east down a lane) has a long list of West Coast craft beers on tap and a full food menu.
Las Vegas - The LINQ | Locations | Yard House Restaurant

Thanks for that... we are staying at Planet Hollywood!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks for that... we are staying at Planet Hollywood!

There's a Sin City Brewery in PH, some like their brews some don't. Would be an easy walk to the Yard House as well.

You said you had the Grand Canyon on your list as well this trip. With only 2 days here a plane fly over/helicopter fly and land I assume. The rim visits by coach or limo are a hellofalong day for 2-3 hours there... or over night.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Love shrimp dishes in San Francisco! In South Africa we call them prawns.
3ae3d57c09081de65e4d39d6c470f96d.jpg

Rob... from my Marine Biology days of long ago. The common names are often used interchangeably, but are a local thing in different countries as well. Some also splint them between those found in salt water verses in fresh water. Shrimp and prawns are actually cousins. Easiest way to tell them apart is shrimp have claws on 2 sets of legs, prawns on 3 sets, or from their gills (plate vs branching). Prawns are also usually larger.

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
Rob... from my Marine Biology days of long ago. The common names are often used interchangeably, but are a local thing in different countries as well. Some also splint them between those found in salt water verses in fresh water. Shrimp and prawns are actually cousins. Easiest way to tell them apart is shrimp have claws on 2 sets of legs, prawns on 3 sets, or from their gills (plate vs branching). Prawns are also usually larger.
Whatever they're called, they all go down the same ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread