Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
This is the TFV4 by smok

That looks an awful lot like a carto with the cotton wrapped around the coil. Looks like 3 short cartos actually.

tfv4.jpg

The reason why cartotanks are superior to clearotanks in terms of wicking and flavor is because of the way its made. The wicking material in a carto has a larger surface area (sometimes 5 to 6 times larger) than the inadequate wicks seen in clearotanks like the Protank and even a nautilus.

If you dont believe me, take all of them apart and see for yourselves.

The TFV4 tank, due to its construction might be able to provide a vape thats just as good, if not better, than a cartotank.

Hey Zapped, :?)
OT a bit.
Is that your box? Do you like that box?

I asked about it in Mech Mods the other day but its not getting any love, so let me know, I sure like the looks of it, seems pretty stout to me.

PS, just so I contribute to the thread, LOL. I dont see cartos making any sort of comeback, for those that love them, It may be time to find something that comes close enough to them you are happy with it.

TIA,
Randall

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Not likely to make a comeback, but they're not gone, and enough people still use them that at least some of the brands will continue to supply them...
I get them still from the same place everyone else pointed out.
IBTanked sold mostly Smok cartos, I think, and all I see from Smok are the XLs.
I too like Ikenvape, 'til they "improved them" - then I hated them.
I still have stock of Boge, which is what I settled on - and you can still buy them here. (they have punched, slotted, or "Hot Deals" for larger quantities).

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I've been vaping for 2.5 years and went from evods to rdas and I think a majority did the same as me, I just once our of curiosity tried a carto
I do think they are going out and are used mostly by veterans that stuck with them when they where more popular, I'm not saying that they aren't good, just that new vapers aren't trying them so it's natural that they will go extinct

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Hey Zapped, :?)
OT a bit.
Is that your box? Do you like that box?

I asked about it in Mech Mods the other day but its not getting any love, so let me know, I sure like the looks of it, seems pretty stout to me.

PS, just so I contribute to the thread, LOL. I dont see cartos making any sort of comeback, for those that love them, It may be time to find something that comes close enough to them you are happy with it.

TIA,
Randall

Naw, just buy more now so you never run out. :) As I don't use them exclusively, I will always have enough.

I think the same thing, most of the vertical coils are basically like a carto but in a nice new package or coil head. they just made them shorter and more stream lined now.

This is the TFV4 by Smok

That looks an awful lot like a carto with the cotton wrapped around the coil. Looks like 3 short cartos actually.

tfv4.jpg

The reason why cartotanks are superior to clearotanks in terms of wicking and flavor is because of the way its made. The wicking material in a carto has a larger surface area (sometimes 5 to 6 times larger) than the inadequate wicks seen in clearotanks like the Protank and even a Nautilus.

If you dont believe me, take all of them apart and see for yourselves.

The TFV4 tank, due to its construction might be able to provide a vape thats just as good, if not better, than a cartotank.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ironically, many of the newest tank heads are pretty much a variation on a tank carto. Vaping keeps circling back to things that work.
I thought the same thing, took a part a GS Air tank vertical cotton coil and it was pretty dense cotton around the coil like a little cartomizer.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I suspect that carto users didn't quit and find something better,they were driven to find something with more consistent quality.

If you have not been vaping a long time it is easy to not know about things like bogegate, stock shortages, whole boxes doa and all the other inconsistencies with carto quality a few years back.

As a heavy carto user Bad can easily tell you stories of stock problems and dead atty's fresh from the box.

Had they been able to produce and maintain a quality product I think we would see many more still using them.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I suspect that carto users didn't quit and find something better,they were driven to find something with more consistent quality.

If you have not been vaping a long time it is easy to not know about things like bogegate, stock shortages, whole boxes doa and all the other inconsistencies with carto quality a few years back.

As a heavy carto user Bad can easily tell you stories of stock problems and dead atty's fresh from the box.

Had they been able to produce and maintain a quality product I think we would see many more still using them.

This was the reason I decided to go to rebuildables and learn to use them. While still using cartos/tanks, I'm not totally dependent on them, plus it gave me something else to fiddle with. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Looking back, there is no doubt that "Bogegate" killed the cartomizer market. Clearos were few & far between before Bogegate, but all of a sudden the carto was replaced by 57 varieties of the CE4. As much as I hate to admit it, I still have a large supply of still new CE4s. (found some good 801 cartos to tide me over, so the CE4s went in the zombie box)

It's kinda funny that so many complain about duds, because in over 4 years of using cartomizers, I'm still waiting to experience my first dud.
    I've had my share of new cartos that had stuck center pins, but that's easy to fix.

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    I tried Boges, but only use Smok now.The only problem I have had are a few out of 100's which flooded no matter what. The first one I thought was just an o-rink issue with the tank, but even after putting it in another tank still same thing, even after blowing it out. Try another one in the same tank and no problem. Just some odd defect...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread