RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Not that a regulated mod would fire that low. Well I do know the snow wolf will fire pretty low. I think the lowest. Do any of y'all own one? Kinda considering getting one. Oh I want to get everything
I wanted one too until I watched Grimm Greens video. He either got a wonky unit or those things have some irritating issues.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThePulver

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I wanted one too until I watched Grimm Greens video. He either got a wonky unit or those things have some irritating issues.

I remember rip sayin some things about it too. A 100 dollar 200 watt mod is too good to be true. Tho I think you can upgrade the ipv 3 li to 200 watts. All the same. I think maybe my next upgrade will be that smok x cube 2. That thing looks awesome

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
So...any new drippers?
Been loving the thump rda. I'm gonna do a more detailed write up after I spend more time with it, try more builds and put it head to head with some of my favorite flavor atties.

So far though, the flavor is top notch; it's hard say whether it's actually better or worse than an origen, ology or a Marquis because they all kick out such great flavor.

I have noticed though that this thing hates it when your batteries start draining; when they go under 4 volts, the vape becomes cool and weak. It looks amazing on a SMPL but I've been rocking it on my sigelei 150w so I can keep a consistent 56 watts running through it. It just seems like so far, it runs best on a regulated mod. But then again, this is still the first build I've done on it so that could be playing a role too.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Been loving the thump rda. I'm gonna do a more detailed write up after I spend more time with it, try more builds and put it head to head with some of my favorite flavor atties.

So far though, the flavor is top notch; it's hard say whether it's actually better or worse than an origen, ology or a Marquis because they all kick out such great flavor.

I have noticed though that this thing hates it when your batteries start draining; when they go under 4 volts, the vape becomes cool and weak. It looks amazing on a SMPL but I've been rocking it on my sigelei 150w so I can keep a consistent 56 watts running through it. It just seems like so far, it runs best on a regulated mod. But then again, this is still the first build I've done on it so that could be playing a role too.

I would love to see the thump on the IPV D2. Now that would look so sick! And tiny. Definetly a stealthy vape for sure. I found almost every atty I own makes the D2 look awesome. One of my favorite purchases thus far in a long LONG time.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
I would love to see the thump on the IPV D2. Now that would look so sick! And tiny. Definetly a stealthy vape for sure. I found almost every atty I own makes the D2 look awesome. One of my favorite purchases thus far in a long LONG time.

Told you it was awesome!

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Told you it was awesome!
Yup! You were right it's awesome. I think I might do away with all my huge dual box mods and get another one. I wish they would downsize there dual battery box's like they downsized the single battery mods. That would be perfect.

tomr1088

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2015
Rhode Island
Been using my new snapdragon the past 2 days. All I can say is I'm in love and haven't been able to put it down. I like my hobo v3.1 just as much as it is my other go 2 rda but this snapdragon is so good in other aspects. The airflow isn't crazy it is just perfect for my flavor temp control builds. I am running a single titanium coil on it with a 3 mm ID and it's just awesome. So much flavor and a perfect draw. Plus I don't have to drop often cause it holds a ton of juice.

Only issue I had was when I first opened it I had to clean off the machine oil and then when I built it the resistance was constantly changing and way off. Figured out how to dissemble it finally with the help from coval Vapes and realized it was just a simple matter of tightening the inner 510 connection inside the deck. Hard to explain but was easy to fix.

Excellent customer service from coval Vapes they sent me pictures right away explaining how to take apart the deck and what to check before deeming it faulty which it certainly wasn't.

So now between my hobo and snapdragon I haven't even had time to look at my tanks or other rda's I just got like the phenotype. I'm turning into a tootle puffer lol.

And as far as the phenotype the build deck is great. I mean I only use it for my cloud builds as that is all its good for. And even then I have the airflow set with about 1.5 slots open. Kinda wish the airflow isn't vertical slots cause it doesn't make sense to me.

But damn now with the snapdragon I'm getting such a satisfying build with only a single coil at 25-30 watts. Damn and the vapor makes me wonder how the watts are so low. So my evolv reference mod is lasting me most of the day now haha

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
@tomr1088 - I got my Snapdragon in today, gonna throw a build in there later on. Probably going to use a single coil build in it as well. Oh and I feel the same way about tootle puffing - I got in a Hellfire 22mm Short Cranked Dripper and I've been enjoying the super tight draw on it. 1 ohm coil at a whopping 22W and it's completely satisfying me. The flavor is great. Now I'm really wanting to get more and more Hellfire attys.

Reactions: 67Tele

tomr1088

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2015
Rhode Island
@tomr1088 - I got my Snapdragon in today, gonna throw a build in there later on. Probably going to use a single coil build in it as well. Oh and I feel the same way about tootle puffing - I got in a Hellfire 22mm Short Cranked Dripper and I've been enjoying the super tight draw on it. 1 ohm coil at a whopping 22W and it's completely satisfying me. The flavor is great. Now I'm really wanting to get more and more Hellfire attys.
Yea I opt for single coil most of the time cause I don't really see an advantage to more. And with single I use less juice and have more room for juice capacity. And also with temp it's much more consistent and easier with singles.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Did u see the new haze dripper tank on bevapehappy? It's compatible with the haze rda topcap for single coil. Essentially it's a genesis atty but has a haze mini rda deck. Pretty nifty.
Hmmmm, interesting. I like that it comes with the chamber reducer for single coil builds. I have one for my Le Magister and it really helps with flavor when using single coil.

tomr1088

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2015
Rhode Island
Hmmmm, interesting. I like that it comes with the chamber reducer for single coil builds. I have one for my Le Magister and it really helps with flavor when using single coil.
I'm kinda ...... since it's actually only single coil(or dual on one side). They made it with the chamber reducer just so that people with a haze rda can use their top cap and remove the reduced for duals. Kinda sucks if someone wanted to haze dripper tank but also needed to buy a mini haze to do dual. They should have made it do both right from the start. If they make the haze mini top cap available separately I might consider it

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Don't worry about length you just cut the ends you are right. And the leg loss is how much extra lead is sticking through the other side of the coil. It's just Wasted heating on the extra length so cut it as short as possible. Click on how it works at the bottom of the page to see how heat flux work. I learned to build by looking rip trippers videos. Look up his micro or macro build videos. Sorry for that rant. Just trying to help.
So i should input my leg length as 0? I always cut off the end to the maximum

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'm kinda ...... since it's actually only single coil(or dual on one side). They made it with the chamber reducer just so that people with a haze rda can use their top cap and remove the reduced for duals. Kinda sucks if someone wanted to haze dripper tank but also needed to buy a mini haze to do dual. They should have made it do both right from the start. If they make the haze mini top cap available separately I might consider it
Oh, really? Consider me uninterested then. I thought the reducer would be removable for dual builds but if not, eff that. I'd just as soon order The Zenith from SoV and save a bit of money.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Been wanting to try out the Twisted Messes RDA and with the new black I couldn't resist any longer. This is going to look amazing sitting on the black 3D printed box I've been using.

twistedmesses-black-and-gold-11.jpg

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
So i should input my leg length as 0? I always cut off the end to the maximum
I would say at least put it at 2. No way you are completely gonna cut off that leg. Just sayin. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Feel free to pm me. I'm not an expert by any means but I know to build decent.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Been wanting to try out the Twisted Messes RDA and with the new black I couldn't resist any longer. This is going to look amazing sitting on the black 3D printed box I've been using.

twistedmesses-black-and-gold-11.jpg
I've heard on this thread that thing is all vapor and no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread