CALIFORNIA VAPERS: Things are getting ugly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

tobacco products” includes, but is not limited to, all forms of cigars, smoking tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff, and any other articles or products made of, or containing at least 50 percent, tobacco, but does not include cigarettes.

Five Words that are a Clear Sign of Open-Ended wording.

"but is not limited to"

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't see how they can tax pg/vg like cigs, unless it comes from an ecig vendor. People that make soap and other uses are gonna pay the tax?

How can the very same product be taxed when it comes from one vendor and not taxed when it's sold elsewhere? That makes absolutely no sense and I don't see how it can be even remotely legal...

Are they going to add tobacco taxes to cotton balls, too?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
How can the very same product be taxed when it comes from one vendor and not taxed when it's sold elsewhere? That makes absolutely no sense and I don't see how it can be even remotely legal...

Just my thoughts.

If you forget about EVERYTHING Except Cig-a-likes (with Prefilled Cartos) and Disposables, the Bills kinda make sense. Sense, meaning the Tax would just be per the Wholesale price of a Prefilled Carto or a Disposable.

And I wonder if the people who Drafted these Bills are Very Aware of what Most People use when it comes to an "e-Cigarette".

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

And o-rings, kanthal, tweezers...

Tractor Supply is going to have to ask if the PG's for you or your cow.

They are going to hurt (or kill) two sets of people: business owners and people wishing to start vaping. Way to go California!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
1) You're "smoking" when you're smoking and you're also smoking when you're trying to "circumvent smoking"--i.e., not smoking.

2) Anything can be classified as "tobacco product," whether or not it contains tobacco or even nicotine. Like PG, VG, etc. Right? Right.

Got it.

Except you Forgot that you will be Taxed, at an Unknown Equivalency Method, when you do Either of the above. Or Both.

Please, somebody, explain this to me, please? Is this a good thing?

How many definitions of a tobacco product do we have now? One definition includes cigarettes, the other one doesn't? :facepalm:

How can the very same product be taxed when it comes from one vendor and not taxed when it's sold elsewhere? ..

Feeling right at home here.....

1975piconeflewover.png

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I wouldn't call that extremist.
I would call that spot on.

Well, even if a bit tongue-in-cheek at times.
Perhaps?
The sweeping generalizations come across to me as the product of an extremist mindset. Some tongue and cheek to it, I guess. I'm not saying that I didn't thoroughly enjoy reading it, though.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It is a little weird that you can get sent off to die in a war, get married and raise kids, vote and drive a lethal weapon but you can't legally smoke a cigarette or vape.
I'd say "a little weird" is a tremendous understatement.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
It is a little weird that you can get sent off to die in a war, get married and raise kids, vote and drive a lethal weapon but you can't legally smoke a cigarette or vape.

Or drink. I remember when Illinois upped the drinking age to 21 in Jan 1979. I turned 18 in Jul '78, was able to drink for legally for 5 months, then the law went into effect and I had to wait another 3 years. To drink legally, I mean. I still did it anyway, like I had been already since I was 16.

Age laws are the stupidest laws ever.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'd say "a little weird" is a tremendous understatement.
You are correct, I was just trying to keep my blood pressure under control this weekend.
Or drink. I remember when Illinois upped the drinking age to 21 in Jan 1979. I turned 18 in Jul '78, was able to drink for legally for 5 months, then the law went into effect and I had to wait another 3 years. To drink legally, I mean. I still did it anyway, like I had been already since I was 16.

Age laws are the stupidest laws ever.
Most things only become a big (cool) deal when they are restricted/outlawed.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
it was 1973 when Minnesota lowered the drinking age to 18. a few years
down the road they raised it but,grandfathered in all those who were 18
or over. they lowered and raised it again but,i don't recall if they grandfathered
in the 18 year old's the second time around.
regards
mike

Reactions: Lessifer

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Is it all about money?
Funny those who cry about government overreach also cry about those who have differing opinions...
BT didn't hire a lobbying firm to work against the bills in Arkansas and Indiana, did they?

As far as Indiana goes, of course they didn't The bill gave them everything they wanted, like a blanket exemption from the regulations for their own gas station cigalike products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread