Vision Twist 1300 charging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
I have had my Vision Spinner (Twist 1300) for 4 days and I am having trouble charging it. I leave it on charge all night, I also turn it off before I put it on the charger, Only once has the light been Green the next morning, Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? When I am using it I use it just below the medium setting and it only lasted 4 hours before the button started flashing. Also when I take it off the charger and put on a tank and use it the button flashes like it does when you put it on the charger. I have to turn it off and on 3 to 4 times before I can use it. Help Please.

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
What kind of tank are you using on this Vision Spinner-----is the resistence of the coil near 1.0 or 1.2------these type batteries don't like low ohms --they sometimes act a little

crazy when trying to fire down below 1.2 or 1.3----wipe out the 510 connector with a paper napkin so as to have no ejuice sitting down in there......just ideas.....

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
I have used MT3 tanks, Peo tank2 with 2.4 coils and Kanger Tech Evod Glass 1.8 tank.
Today I tried turning the twist dial after putting on a tank and it seemed to work after that. Not any certain setting, I just turned it all the way up then back down. we will see what it does tomorrow tho... Seems to be contrary.

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
I have used MT3 tanks, Peo tank2 with 2.4 coils and Kanger Tech Evod Glass 1.8 tank.
Today I tried turning the twist dial after putting on a tank and it seemed to work after that. Not any certain setting, I just turned it all the way up then back down. we will see what it does tomorrow tho... Seems to be contrary.
I always clean it out with a q-tip after removing a tank. ;-)

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
These adjustable batteries can be very tempermental at times and the little tiny circuits can become disoriented

and when turned off or adjusted from one setting to another can reset themselves and work fine for weeks......

I have had the little charger lite come on and off and act crazy at times.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I know when I first got an Ego, I was told to turn it off and set it to 4.2V before putting it on the charger.. Also as for the actual Ego Charger, the Red & Green lights dont mean anything as they never really work. If the Firing Button on your Vision Spinner turns on(Lights Up) when you put it on the charger, then when the light turns off, it should be fully charged.
Try a different charger as well because there not made well...

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
Thanks Mikey and Trucker, The last 2 nights after taking 12 hrs to charge it has charged completely, light on battery going off. I have tried 4 different chargers plus using one in the van while going to the Dr. and back.. That was the quickest charge. I have a new question tho. Now that it is fully charging, I am a heavy vaper, lung hits. it battery is getting hot where the tank screws on but not the tank itself? I have been vapping since April 3rd. and cig free since then too ;-) This is my first twist battery tho. Before I was using a 1300 X6 vv battery, 1100 evod. Using both to get thru the day. Looking for something to last all day. I smoked 21/2 packs a day for 37 years. Quit cold turkey for 4 years, then hubby retired. Lol he is the first to admit he wasted his retirement money. got it in lump sum and bought a old used rv that turned out to be junk. Every vehicle we get I test drive except the rv. he refused.. after driving it into town to get gas I found out why. the steering was bad.. It shook like a jack hammer, lol. so we sold and gave away a house full of furniture, and kept only what we could get in the rv. after watching everything leave the house of 10 years, we started smoking again. Then had to sell the rv.. not near what we paid for it. Sorry for the rant. Plus side is after 17 years we are still together ;-)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Glad to hear its fully charging!! :) Yeah, being 1300mAh, it usually takes an hour per 1mAh. So 12hrs from being fully dead sounds about right! I try to charge them as much as I can before they fully die. As for it heating up, it could be coming from the Coil in your tank. How hot is it getting? Really hot? or just Warm?

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
Glad to hear its fully charging!! :) Yeah, being 1300mAh, it usually takes an hour per 1mAh. So 12hrs from being fully dead sounds about right! I try to charge them as much as I can before they fully die. As for it heating up, it could be coming from the Coil in your tank. How hot is it getting? Really hot? or just Warm?
It gets really hot, almost too hot to touch. It does it on any of my tanks, they are all 2.4 Coils except the the evod glass tank it has a 1.8 dual coil. So you dont have to look thru my messages. I have 4 MT3 tanks, I Kanger Pro 2. with 2.4 coils and a Evod Glass tank with 1.8 coil.. I have the setting at half way or under. Do you think I got a bad battery? I get the batteries and tanks on ebay and the coils a ejuice at a local vape shop.

Reactions: thetrucker

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
If its getting that hot, it may be a clone/bad.. I'm not entirely sure though. But Iv never had one get too hot to touch..
Anyone else ever experience this???
It has the Vision Spinner mark on it, But since I got it on ebay I let her know what is going on with it so she is sending me another one. I did take it to my vape shop and had her test it and it is rating high.. Lol that is what she said.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Also, just as a caution advice, do not charge your battery when your sleeping or gone. Only charge it when you are around to watch. Theres been stories of batteries (both Ego styles and 18650 cells) catching fire while charging, and since yours is heating up a lot while using it as is, we would not like to see anybody get injured because of it! :) Stay Safe!

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
Logos almost mean nothing anymore lol they have cloned everything!! It sucks!! But that's a different story.. lol

Glad to hear shes sending another one! What did the vape shop mean by "Rating High"?
She didnt give a number of the reading, just said it is higher then she has seen for any 1300 VV battery.
Hmm
Also, just as a caution advice, do not charge your battery when your sleeping or gone. Only charge it when you are around to watch. Theres been stories of batteries (both Ego styles and 18650 cells) catching fire while charging, and since yours is heating up a lot while using it as is, we would not like to see anybody get injured because of it! :) Stay Safe!
Hmm... That will be hard to since I use it during the day. So st night is the only time I can charge it. My X6 battery died on me ( the center threads that connects to the charger) have wore off, I have bought 3 adapters. they work for so long then they do not even try to screw on. You can drop one in and pop it right out not even touching the threads. Other then that I loved the X6 battery. :-(

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Really man, please don't charge a battery that is already malfunctioning. Explosions and fire happens. Puts vaping in a bad light and we can't afford that.

+1!:thumb:

A malfunctioning battery of any type is dangerous & should be disposed of properly. Some vape shops may do this, especially if one's a customer, or a battery store.

Never throw one in the trash can, it can still catch fire, and the result will likely not be good. That's why it's best to deal with reputable suppliers & if on eBay, make sure that feedback is good. Some are associated with a vape shop, if been in the business for years, the chances of getting genuine products are better. When purchasing any ecig component, I always do my homework before hitting the 'Pay Now' link.

Cat

Reactions: sreevesmk

bhgruhl

May 16, 2015
USA
+1!:thumb:

A malfunctioning battery of any type is dangerous & should be disposed of properly. Some vape shops may do this, especially if one's a customer, or a battery store.

Never throw one in the trash can, it can still catch fire, and the result will likely not be good. That's why it's best to deal with reputable suppliers & if on eBay, make sure that feedback is good. Some are associated with a vape shop, if been in the business for years, the chances of getting genuine products are better. When purchasing any ecig component, I always do my homework before hitting the 'Pay Now' link.

Cat
Hi, I got my replacement battery and it works with no problems. I gave the new one to my husband and got a 2200 Ego 2 Twist and it lasts me all day . I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread