Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Or, as Steve & darlingKat has mentioned a few times, a P3 (tank) to 510 (mod) Zendapter? Or a Prodapter, if @Vape360 wishes/chooses to "engage".

Whatever. If they build it...
Zendapter! Awesome DP:D

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
In a couple of posts weight was mentioned. I bought a Smart Weigh Pro Pocket Scale, Model TOP2KG, from Amazon for less than $20. Here's what I found. I hope this formats OK:

Aspire Pegasus, empty - 6.03oz, 171.2g
Aspire Pegasus, AW 3000mAh - 7.63oz, 216.3g

ProVari P3 (18650 mode), empty - 4.73oz, 134g
ProVari P3 (18650 mode), AW 3000mAh - 6.33oz, 179.3g

ProVari P3 Ti (18650 mode & 510), empty - 2.83oz, 80.2g
ProVari P3 Ti (18650 mode & 510), AW 3000mAh - 4.42oz, 125.4g

ProVari P3 Ti (18350 mode, no 510), empty - 2.10oz, 56.9g
ProVari P3 Ti (18350 mode, no 510), AW 800mAh- 2.83oz, 30g

Kabuki P3 thread with Althea drip tip, full 50/50 juice - 2.34oz, 66.4g

ProVari P3 Ti (18350 mode) with Kabuki as above, AW 800mAh - 5.18oz, 148.8g
ProVari P3 (18350 mode) with Kabuki as above , AW 800mAh - 6.49oz, 183.9g

ProVari 2.5 Mini (18350 mode) with Anyvape CeroTank V2 - 6.46oz, 183g

So for a small, pocket/purse friendly P3/Kabuki unit, the weight difference between steel and Ti is 1.31 ounces doesn't seem like a lot. But to me the difference seems worth the extra price, so I ordered another P3 Ti

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
JUMA, boy do you fit in around here! I think I need to set up a bridge table! DPL and I and tearose all vape similar gear, have similar tastes and similar habits in vaping and vape gear. Between your choice in hardware, chargers, vliquid, VG ratio, battery vendors, and tanks, it sounds to me like you're quickly becoming our 4th!

Quite a number of people are aggressively moving toward using mods with user replaceable batts. I, too, have had that as a (minor) goal. Of course, there ARE pros and cons either way, but it IS sweet to have a bit more control over the battery and the lifespan of the mod. I will be very interested in your report on the Pegasus. I've had my eye on the Kanger Kbox Mini, but I'm still on hold for that one.

View attachment 486001

Congrats on your Ti P3! No need to say you'll prolly love it, is there. ;) And big congrats also on not only finding NLV, but trying out Bounty Hunter. That was the very first NLV I tried as well, and that led me to vaping NLV 97% of the time, for the last 4ish years! I now have every single flavor (should you ever want a sample.... just PM!). I discovered long ago that the ratio of PG/VG in NLV is abstolutely perfect for vapor production and flavor. I also do not foresee myself as a weather woman anytime soon. ;)

Do I think the Cerotank is "better" than the Naughties? No, in fact, I don't. But there is something VERY special about them, and DPL and I both agree that in some ways, they are very similar to the Kabukis. For me, those are my top 3 tanks, with the Kabuki (of course) taking top spot because of the quality and manufacture and warranty.

Mamu is/was precisely as DPL described. I have thought often of selling some of mine, but every time I do, reason and rationality return. So they stay. It was not incredibly easy to get one when she was offering them, and I do know I wouldn't be able to get one now. DPL, any of mine can make a trip should your nostalgia become more than you can handle. :wub:

What a wonderful trip down Mamumory Lane! Thanks, DPL!

Kat, last night I ran across a couple of references to a forthcoming Kanger Kbox Nano, which appears to tapered to fit a Subtank Nano. It still takes an 18650 battery. Looks like it comes in black, blue and pink. No idea on the cost, and I'm sure the first batch will be available only with the Subtank Nano. In time this might be a good box mode to pair with your Anyvape Cerotank.

I went back and looked. I was incorrect. The finish on my Kbox Mini did hold up well; it was the Subtank that started showing wear quickly. As I've never found a Kanger Subtank that didn't leak, I quit using the Kbox Mini setup fairly quickly, although the mod itself worked fine.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I have 2 subtanks mini...they never leaked on me, as opposed to the nautilus mini which had some leaks now and than...
But more important: my Kabuki has arrived!! :banana:
It is now soaking in some hot water to get it cleaned....and tommorrow (if I can wait that long) it will see it's first service :)

What a wonderfull small tank it is.....very cleanly made!

I had no trouble removing the bottom with the allen key trick (use it as leverage)...I did have some trouble removing the topcap though..it was very tight...but I managed in the end....the glass did slip my hand and bounced around quite a bit on the kitchen table...but no damage what so ever....
Can't wait to try it!! Finally my stash off Nautilus coils has a new home :)

Ordered some black glass from IBtanked for it also....

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
In a previous post I made reference to not liking the Aspire Triton. Here's why: the tank is big and heavy for something that only holds 3.5ml. And while you can with the Atlantis 1 almost run the tank dry before getting dry hits, one must keep 1 to 1.5 ml in the Triton to avoid dry hits. The drip tip is too short. The metal drip tip from an Atlantis 1 does fit fine, but a nice delrin drip tip I found at EV Cigarettes, which fits an Atlantis 1 perfectly, is loose on the Triton. While the top filling sounded nice, in my experience is was harder to use than just unscrewing the base on an Atlantis 1. The tank is very hard to clean and takes forever to dry. And while mine did not leak, others didn't have the same experience. I think Aspire designed the tank for high VG juices, not the 50-50 that a lot of us use. The tank is loud with lots of popping and spitting with the 1.8ohm coil. However in an Atlantis 1 the same coil runs great. I did find while using the coil in an Atlantis 1 that after filing if one will put a q-tip down the chimney and absorb the excess juice on the top on the coil, they will have a better, less noisy first few hits. Just be careful that you don't cram the Q-tip down the chimney or you'll pull out the screen. You want to just lightly touch the the Q-tip the the screen for a couple of seconds. So all and all, I was disappointed with the Triton and will probably not use it again.

I have about 16 mods and tanks that I'm no longer use and live on a shelf above my computer. The units are in various stands built by Tim and Diana at VaporStands. The Triton is on an Innokin MVP 3.0. Looks nice! But I wish I had all the money I spent.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
For a long time my regular home setup has been an Innokin box mod, either the MVP20 or MVP 3.0 and two ProVari P3s. In whatever tanks I was using at the time I'd put juices I was testing in the tanks on the ProVaris and my ADV Space Jam Eclipse in the tank on the MVPs. The idea worked well. I changed from Nautilus tanks to Subtank Minis with bell caps as I was having trouble with bad Nautilus coils. The Kanger 1.5ohm coil is great, but no matter what I tried the Minis leaked after few fills, and this was with juices up to about 80 VG.

The Triton turned out to be a bomb, so I went to the Atlantis 1s with the 1.8ohm coil. You can buy an Atlantis base from Aspire for 10 dollars, then either add the 5ml tank from Sweet-Vapes for $8 or a 7ml A-MOD tank from EV Cigarettes for $15 and couple it with the drip tip of your choice for less than $20 to $30, not counting the cost of the coil. Not a bad deal, really.

I wanted to get away from all built-in battery mods, so I replaced the MVP 3.0s with Aspire Pegasus mods. Very nice units. But one Interesting fact is they are no way as power efficient as a ProVari P3. I can put the Atlantis 1 unit with the 7ml tank and the 1.8 coil on both devices and both with new AW 3000mAh batteries, run both at 10 watts with the same juice and the Pegasus will be out of gas when the ProVari is showing 50%.

But, damit, you guys killed my whole setup. :) The combo of the P3 with the Kabuki tank is just too damn good! I'm already using the P3 Ti in 18350 mode and a Kabuki for out of the house use. I'll probably convert completely in the next few months, as funds allow, to 100% P3s and Kabukis. And the P3 connector is way better than the 510.

I also bought an AnyVape CeroTank V2 and a couple of P3 Nautilus tanks, all for $20 each. The CeroTank is very nice, much better than a Kanger Aero. And the P3 Nautilus tanks are much nice than the standard tank. But they suffer from the same problem as the normal Nautilus tanks; the coils go bad and begin to leak very quickly. I don't understand. A coil from the same pack will run for fill after fill with the Kabuki before it seems to need replacing but the coil in the Nautilus goes south fast.

I've got two normal P3s, two P3 Tis and one P3 Stealth. To make my deal work, I'll need another regular P3 and three Kabukis. Not cheap. And I'll also the need black Kabuki that Zen has in the works. There's just never an end to the expense!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
For a long time my regular home setup has been an Innokin box mod, either the MVP20 or MVP 3.0 and two ProVari P3s. In whatever tanks I was using at the time I'd put juices I was testing in the tanks on the ProVaris and my ADV Space Jam Eclipse in the tank on the MVPs. The idea worked well. I changed from Nautilus tanks to Subtank Minis with bell caps as I was having trouble with bad Nautilus coils. The Kanger 1.5ohm coil is great, but no matter what I tried the Minis leaked after few fills, and this was with juices up to about 80 VG.

The Triton turned out to be a bomb, so I went to the Atlantis 1s with the 1.8ohm coil. You can buy an Atlantis base from Aspire for 10 dollars, then either add the 5ml tank from Sweet-Vapes for $8 or a 7ml A-MOD tank from EV Cigarettes for $15 and couple it with the drip tip of your choice for less than $20 to $30, not counting the cost of the coil. Not a bad deal, really.

I wanted to get away from all built-in battery mods, so I replaced the MVP 3.0s with Aspire Pegasus mods. Very nice units. But one Interesting fact is they are no way as power efficient as a ProVari P3. I can put the Atlantis 1 unit with the 7ml tank and the 1.8 coil on both devices and both with new AW 3000mAh batteries, run both at 10 watts with the same juice and the Pegasus will be out of gas when the ProVari is showing 50%.

But, damit, you guys killed my whole setup. :) The combo of the P3 with the Kabuki tank is just too damn good! I'm already using the P3 Ti in 18350 mode and a Kabuki for out of the house use. I'll probably convert completely in the next few months, as funds allow, to 100% P3s and Kabukis. And the P3 connector is way better than the 510.

I also bought an AnyVape CeroTank V2 and a couple of P3 Nautilus tanks, all for $20 each. The CeroTank is very nice, much better than a Kanger Aero. And the P3 Nautilus tanks are much nice than the standard tank. But they suffer from the same problem as the normal Nautilus tanks; the coils go bad and begin to leak very quickly. I don't understand. A coil from the same pack will run for fill after fill with the Kabuki before it seems to need replacing but the coil in the Nautilus goes south fast.

I've got two normal P3s, two P3 Tis and one P3 Stealth. To make my deal work, I'll need another regular P3 and three Kabukis. Not cheap. And I'll also the need black Kabuki that Zen has in the works. There's just never an end to the expense!
See post 888 for a big surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread