Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
That statement is meaningless without specifying a Limit of Detection.

I'll go with Halo's standards-

A measured volume of sample is combined with a volume of acetonitrile. A known amount of internal standard (Butanedione-d6) is added and the vial is capped and mixed thoroughly to combine. An aliquot is then analyzed quantitatively against a linear calibration curve using a GC/MS equipped with a mass selective detector.
In this analysis, the limit of detection is 1.14 ug/mL for 'Diacetyl' and 1.14 ug/mL for '2,3-Pentanedione'.

https://www.halocigs.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ELIQ-FUSN-12MG.pdf

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I'll go with Halo's standards-

A measured volume of sample is combined with a volume of acetonitrile. A known amount of internal standard (Butanedione-d6) is added and the vial is capped and mixed thoroughly to combine. An aliquot is then analyzed quantitatively against a linear calibration curve using a GC/MS equipped with a mass selective detector.
In this analysis, the limit of detection is 1.14 ug/mL for 'Diacetyl' and 1.14 ug/mL for '2,3-Pentanedione'.

https://www.halocigs.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ELIQ-FUSN-12MG.pdf

That's not Halo's standard, that's Enthalpy Labs standard. The same Lab that does the testing for Vaporshark. They seem to be lowering the limits of detection from what it was last year.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Fair enough, although it seems to me that those are Enthalpy Analytical's standards, not Halo's.

Could be, I don't know how it all works. The lab either sets minimum detection levels or the company having it tested. Maybe the minimum detection level is a standard in lab testing. No idea...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
That's not Halo's standard, that's Enthalpy Labs standard. The same Lab that does the testing for Vaporshark. They seem to be lowering the limits of detection from what it was last year.

So the lab does set the standard? Actually looking at VS reports, they have a higher limit, so I am assuming Halo and VS set their own standards for the tests, not the lab. Halo's are slightly lower a threshold.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Why are they different with the Halo tests and VS tests?
I didn't know that they were ! Perhaps the lower the limit of detection, the more expensive the test ? Although it's under 2 micrograms for both, so pretty close. Don't really know, this might be a question for Enthalpy themselves, or perhaps Kurt.

Reactions: stevegmu

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
Been out of the loop lately so sorry if this was asked before. Is it known if Bobas Bounty has diketones and if not do they plan on testing it? cant seem to find any info one way or the other...

Greetings!

Unfortuantley, we do not have any lab testing reports and won't be able to send out an MSDS due to proprietary info. I Wish I could be of more help!

Best Wishes,

Cristine M.

Alien Visions E-Juice, Inc.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Been out of the loop lately so sorry if this was asked before. Is it known if Bobas Bounty has diketones and if not do they plan on testing it? cant seem to find any info one way or the other...
DashVapes up in Canada had Boba's tested and the results were:
DA: 40.3 ug/ml
AP: <0.281 ND
Source: http://www.dashvapes.com/images/testing/ecta.png

So it does contain some diketones, but the levels are not particularly high. My personal opinion is: 40 ug/ml is not a concern if you vape a bit of Boba's occasionally (as I do) but I sure wouldn't vape 10 ml of it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread