Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Holy cow - got both the FT/clones & the HG authentics today!

So far the clone deck screws, I can only get 3 of the 4 loose, but that's okay, I'm only doing a single coil. Trying unflavored on it now at 80/20 at 6mg, and wow! It came with addtl. orings, screws/phillips only, screw driver and top cap, 2nd glass & tip. I did order a 'rose' colored tank to match my istick but have a feeling it's a coating as a little of the coloring has come off :shock:

Have a headache now from trying to see those darn little posts & screws. I'll try the authentic tomorrow, time permitting

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Holy cow - got both the FT/clones & the HG authentics today!

So far the clone deck screws, I can only get 3 of the 4 loose, but that's okay, I'm only doing a single coil. Trying unflavored on it now at 80/20 at 6mg, and wow! It came with addtl. orings, screws/phillips only, screw driver and top cap, 2nd glass & tip. I did order a 'rose' colored tank to match my istick but have a feeling it's a coating as a little of the coloring has come off :shock:

Have a headache now from trying to see those darn little posts & screws. I'll try the authentic tomorrow, time permitting

I did tell the people it had s claustrophobic deck.

It's funny you should mention 3 of the four screws. Mine only came with three of the four screws it was supposed to have but with the extra o rings, screws, tank and drip tip; I didn't think it was worth complaining about one tiny missing screw.

How's the vape? Hope you are happy with it. If not I am sure three or more here would be happy to buy itfrom you to have the extra pieces.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I like the shorter profile...

Attachments

• goblin clone.jpg
    goblin clone.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 91

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
Vapes well, seems much more satisfying than my little protank and evod duals. I have been laying it on it's side so I don't knock it over and break it and it's leaving a pool of liquid. Maybe I need to re-wick a little longer?
Pancake the wicks if your not sure how check rip trippers video. I use this technique in all my barrel tanks. Say goodbye to leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vchick

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Vapes well, seems much more satisfying than my little protank and evod duals. I have been laying it on it's side so I don't knock it over and break it and it's leaving a pool of liquid. Maybe I need to re-wick a little longer?

Either re wick or put it on a plastic lid.

The first two days I took it off the battery and set it on a lid for the first two days to see if it would leak.

Do you have the top tightened. It may be leaking at the gasket.

It has a short profile and vapes like a beast. One reviewer was vaping it at 70 watts.

Reactions: Vchick

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
Well that was a fail, I think my wick is a tad short, I did re-open the chimney and poke the wick downwards and that seems to be helping.

What is the consensus on the type of wire to use? I ended up using a pre-built coil from another rba I received but in looking into my stash I only have 32g kanthal.

I usually build around .5 ohms on the mini. Typically 26 or 28ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Well that was a fail, I think my wick is a tad short, I did re-open the chimney and poke the wick downwards and that seems to be helping.

What is the consensus on the type of wire to use? I ended up using a pre-built coil from another rba I received but in looking into my stash I only have 32g kanthal.

Vchick:

I have my cotton all the way into the juice wells, and use .93-1.02 ohms 7-8 wraps around a 2mm diameter rod. I use 28 gauge Kanthal. After this spool is used o wl be going to 26 gauge

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got my Goblin Mini yesterday and I'm loving it - flavor is fantastic and the single coil option and great airflow control make it an excellent mouth-to-lung tank. I'm really glad it turned out that way because honestly, I bought the tank just for the looks. I love the big glass/minimal top cap style - reminds me of a carto tank. I personally don't mind trading the convenience of top fill for the sleeker, low profile design. Vchick, I love the rose tank and tip. I will definitely have to explore some color options. Did you get that from Spectrum? Oh, and if you have a drill or a dremel-type tool, you can twist your 32 gauge Kanthal - makes it about the same as 28 gauge.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Just got my Goblin Mini yesterday and I'm loving it - flavor is fantastic and the single coil option and great airflow control make it an excellent mouth-to-lung tank. I'm really glad it turned out that way because honestly, I bought the tank just for the looks. I love the big glass/minimal top cap style - reminds me of a carto tank. I personally don't mind trading the convenience of top fill for the sleeker, low profile design. Vchick, I love the rose tank and tip. I will definitely have to explore some color options. Did you get that from Spectrum? Oh, and if you have a drill or a dremel-type tool, you can twist your 32 gauge Kanthal - makes it about the same as 28 gauge.

Thanks Lavaca, I got it from Fastech, I suspect they're coated as the coloring is wearing off both the tank/tip. I'll check into glass paints at the craft store, I think you just coat it and bake it on.

@Ou2mame airflow is adjustable, even with a single coil does a good job on lung hit

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Yes the Goblin Mini is very special.

Glad you got one and love the flavor coming out of it.

I never thought about vchick twisting the wire because of the tiny post holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread