there are mismatches; then there are mismatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsikes

Sep 4, 2015
I am such a newbie that I'd have to go to school to get up to the level of ignernt.

I am strongly contemplating buying an eleaf 40 or 50 watt TC but nobody seems to have the Eleaf GS-TC tank and coils. Does anybody have a suggestion of other brand of TC Ni/Ti atomisers?

Another noob question if I may.
Is it urban legend that having 2-3 (or more) identical atomisers and swapping regularly during the day increases coil life - and rather dramatically?

graciàs garcia,

bsikes

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @bsikes and welcome to the forum. There are 100's of vendors on ECF to shop for stuff. You might check here, especially the Deals thread:

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

I use multiple Subtank Mini's. So if my daily vape is spread out over multiple tanks it stands to reason they will last longer than just vaping from one tank. I use multiple tanks to keep a variety of flavors to vape, rather than cleaning and refilling.

bsikes

Sep 4, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @bsikes. Glad to have you here!

Any tank can be used with a temperature control mod IF the manufacturer makes temperature control coils to be used with it..

And therein is the exact issue. I freely confess ignorance ... and I think I was working backwards, but I had a battery (mod?) that I know would work for present purposes (smoke cessation) and future entertainment. I could not find the OEM fall-offs, hence the post and question.

What I know about technology is NO fall-off works until somebody who knows what they are doing has tested it and signs their name.

I am in London, but will back to the states, shortly.

b

Reactions: Susan~S

bsikes

Sep 4, 2015
The eLeaf 40 watt is a temp control mod. You can run in TC mode (with Nickel, maybe Titanium) or in power/wattage mode (with kanthal coils).

The eLeaf iStick 50 watt is not a TC mod. Can only use kanthal coils on this mod.

It pays to watch YouTube reviews before buying any new product.

Of course it does pay dividends ... when/if one is aware of the several places and kinds of reviews there are. One review? description? of the 50w had the STRONG inference with the Ni coils it was TC. It was not specific, so I figured the testing was incomplete.

My focus was very narrow - smoking cessation (a habit and hobby I enjoy immensely) - and once I figured out that the level of technology that is the easiest to encourage quitting was a VV power supply and hot coils, the NARROW search was on. I try to buy value and future value, more than save a few £.

Vaping is a new & growing/expanding/exploding technology, so, as one would expect, in genres, there is a lot of distinctions and not many differences.

I'm confused. The GS coil options were:
Eleaf GS Air TC Coils Organic Cotton (Ni-200), and
Eleaf GS Air Coils Organic Cotton (which did not mention a ferrous element). What am I missing?

Susan, thank YOU.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread