Status
Not open for further replies.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Hey all. Before I place an order for my very first Reo...yeah been vaping a long time but never tried a bf device.

I love my top airflow Aeolus so I was looking at the 7 and 9...especially the 9...with it's ac adjustment.

Does anyone use either and could tell me more about them?

Thanks!
Lance
The rm9 for ease of build and insane airflow its a cloud atty in my opinion, not much for flavor. This is just my opinion.

Reactions: Huntsmanlance

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I have the authentic BF versions of both. RM7=Rouge, RM9=Vector
I have 1 Rouge and 3 Vectors, so...!

I first had a BF Rouge clone (not Rob's), the airflow could never be dialed down enough, the AFC was 'leaky', even if completely closed. The authentic Rouge can be tightened to fully closed(I've since started enjoying more air).
I've never tried the RM7 though.
The Rouge has excellent flavor, and decent airflow. If you like big air, fully open might be too little.
Builds aren't too hard on the Rouge, although I found the negative posts to be a little finicky to mess with.

The Vector, I absolutely love it! Little air, big air, whatever you want!! I'm no cloud chaser, but I like a dense vape with plenty of flavor. I get this with the Vector.
Trick is getting coil position right, which is actually very easy to do.
Another thing to consider with the Vector/RM9, is that the top cap does not accept standard drip tips, which has been just fine for me as I like the mouthpiece in this cap. Takes a bit to get used to, but they are smaller (I believe) than the chuff style.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
RM9 all the way (though I've never used it, I do have 3 authentic Vectors)
Love the darn thing. IMO though it shines with the heat...I build mine ~.3 and it rocks. Much higher than that, and I don't dig it as much (YMMV big time but what I'm saying is because the chamber is rather large-ish, to get the fullest vape in terms of both flavor and vapor, it needs some power)

ETA welcome to REOville! :)

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was in the same dilemma. I just ordered the RM7, Rogue. My reasoning was simply that for flavor, I prefer the smaller chamber. From what I understand, the Vector really shines when it's put on a high powered device, capable of pumping 50w or more into it. To get that kind of power on a mech, you'd have to build 0.2 to 0.3. I wanted an RDA capable of optimal performance with my favorite build, which is more like the 0.4 to 0.5ohms.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd give the nod to the RM9, myself. Both are nigh leakproof and about the same for flavour (IMHO, neither is quite up to the RM8 in a 22mm or any of the 14mm atties like the RM2 or 3), but the edge for vapor and air goes to the 9.

If drip tips are your thing, tho, go with the RM7.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
I have the authentic BF versions of both. RM7=Rouge, RM9=Vector
I have 1 Rouge and 3 Vectors, so...!

I first had a BF Rouge clone (not Rob's), the airflow could never be dialed down enough, the AFC was 'leaky', even if completely closed. The authentic Rouge can be tightened to fully closed(I've since started enjoying more air).
I've never tried the RM7 though.
The Rouge has excellent flavor, and decent airflow. If you like big air, fully open might be too little.
Builds aren't too hard on the Rouge, although I found the negative posts to be a little finicky to mess with.

The Vector, I absolutely love it! Little air, big air, whatever you want!! I'm no cloud chaser, but I like a dense vape with plenty of flavor. I get this with the Vector.
Trick is getting coil position right, which is actually very easy to do.
Another thing to consider with the Vector/RM9, is that the top cap does not accept standard drip tips, which has been just fine for me as I like the mouthpiece in this cap. Takes a bit to get used to, but they are smaller (I believe) than the chuff style.

See, ive got 3 rogues and 1 vector. Different strokes i guess.:D

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I've had an RM9 for a few days and even though I like single coil I had to go with 2 on the RM9 at .5 ohms. It is highly adjustable with air flow. The built in drip tip is BIG bored and has a screen. Huge vapor and flavor is fine but not up to RM4 Atomic or RM8 Derringer. I just adjust my DIY juice if an atty is not putting out. The RM9 is about as leak proof as they come.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My Rogue clone that came from Tom (RM7) is big air all the time, so not a flavor/vapor atty for my DLH's at all with anything I would ever build in it. It might perform with a .2-.3 build, but I'm not interested in those builds. The AFC does nothing, does not restrict the air flow at all.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the replies and the welcome! On the
authentics did you all convert them yourself or have someone like catfish mods do it?

The rm9 looks good but i cant find any review anywhere
Huge fan of the REO9. I have a black one. It is a Vulcan Vector bottom fed by the Master Of squonk himself. It is all precision. The REO9 is the newer phase of atomizer where the air flow is from the top of the atomizer. Before these top air attys most were side airflow and some from the bottom of the atty as well. The top air flow provides the best vape for me and many others. It is super easy to build on as there is plenty of room. The post holes can take any gauge wire you want to throw at them. The atty squonks and drains with maximum precision. The 510 squonk pin is solid state with the atty itself. You can get it in SS or black and both are for low profile mods. Highly recommend.

Huntsmanlance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
Steamstack I'm sure the 8 is a great one! I just want one like my Aeolus that is top fed and damn hard to make leak.

After hearing that the 9 is well made I am going to go with it for my first

Thanks for the welcome into the Reo group! I am sure to have questions I will be posting! (still reading up on all of the past threads)

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
What's wrong with the rm8? Why skip 8?? Best of both worlds. Vapor and taste!

The RM8 is great but I've managed to make mine sweat already. Nothing like the RM4 Atomic but still, and it's all my fault by over squonking (I'm a button masher too). Huntsmanlance- Those are two things you should learn to control with a BF; use a light touch. Nice bow in your avatar. I shoot recurves myself.

Here's the RM9 Vector...

Last edited:

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
K31 that GMX recurve you have is sweet! And yeah I figured it is gonna be a learning curve to get the feel for how long and how hard to squish the bottle. ..but that's part of the fun!

The learning curve is easy, unlike shooting a longbow.:) Where'd you see my GMX, TradTalk?

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
The RM7 has been good. I'd say the draw, when fully open, is equal to the RM8 with 2 airholes opened on both sides. Maybe a tad more restrictive. I can do my lung draws without problem. I've used it for 2 straight days now, no leaking or weeping at all! The flavor is similar to the derringer, but is a warmer vape. I attribute that to the big center post screw bring so close to the drip tip that it further restricts the airflow.

I'll probably make the RM7 as my primary atty for going out.

As a side note, my RM7 came with the SS screws. The SS topcap/AFC ring was pretty scratched up when I got it. I polished it up with a cloth that I put rubbing compound on and now it's shiny and beautiful :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread