Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good morning and Happy Friday all.

You know its going to be an interesting day when you get to work and find an old sweepstakes/poker machine sitting in the parking lot. I checked the security cam footage, and around 20 after 8, a couple of guys in a pick up drove into the parking lot, dropped it off, and drove away. It's in pretty bad shape, and the cash box has already been ripped out, so I doubt the thing even works. And I've already shot an email to the property manager to see how we'll proceed. I may end up having to contact the police in case it was stolen. Yeah for fun days.

Not too much else going on. Kat's going to be with a friend all weekend. I get to go shopping for my umpire clothes. I get to mess with the wiring of the bike tomorrow to see why my turn signal works intermittently. And Sunday I'm join up with a few guys and we're going on a group ride through Crowders Mountain and Kings Mountain. About a two hour ride through country back roads. No showboating allowed. Just a group cruise. Should be pretty fun!

I'll check back in later.... Y'all have a good day!!!

While I know that exercise is going to help lose more weight, get muscle, get healthier, etc., I say that I'm going to do it like walking or something (better than nothing). Then I always make some valid excuse why I can't go. I am definitely out of shape although the weight I've lost makes a big difference. My sister is a gym rat but she doesn't like going either. If we lived closer to each other then I may be better about exercise. Just having a buddy to do it with is helpful to me.
It's definitely not for everyone. I go three times a week if possible. I dont like it. I dont like being sore the next day, or the day after that. But it's the only way I'll be able to reach my goals.

Yes, losing that much weight makes a HUGE difference, doenst it!?! When I hit the 40 pounds gone, I realized that I had lost the equivalent weight of a large bag of dog food. When I hit 70 pounds gone, I realized I lost a Melanie. :blink: But the downside to that, is that when you arent moving around that much weight, you burn less calories throughout the day. Which is the biggest reason bigger people can lose so much weight so quickly when they start losing.

Gym buddies make a huge difference! Find a gym! Drag a friend! Thats why Mrs E started to go with me, many moons ago. Unfortunately, she cant keep up with my routine, and it would be detrimental for me to cut back to hers. She does her minimum 8 times a month just to make sure we get our gym reimbursement from my company, but she doesnt put in a massive workout or anything.

Lordy! I don't think I want to ever be as bulky as I was in boot camp again! I gained 15 pounds, and I think it was like 7 1/2 in each thigh. :blink: I couldn't get the jeans on that I wore down there, they just wouldn't go over the danged thighs! :lol: Did you have to do the dreaded "mountain climbers"? I think that's what did it.

One more day of work (Saturday) and then its 2 weeks VACATION!!!!!!!
HappyDance.gif~original
Not a danged thing planned, either. Who knows what I'll end up doing! :)
Oh, yeah, we did mountain climbers. And those dungarees were so awesomely tight around my thighs and ...., it was awesome! I weighed 170 going into boot, and weighed 170 out of boot. But I lost three inches in the waist. I'm trying to get back down to that 32" waist again.

I miss my dungarees. I'm still no where close to being able to fit my .... back in them though! :laugh:

Jealous. We cant get two whole weeks off at a time.
We're luck to be able to get a week at a time... I dont know what I would do with two or more weeks off.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Hit the ground running. Filled cracks around the foundation. Worse than I thought. Well need a second fill in 24 hours. Just going to do the best I can. Cause I can't afford the professionals to fix it.. Guess I'll have to start keeping track of things like this, cause hubby Shure isn't. :lol: :lol: Next project is heading to the basement with a couple cans of great stuff foam. Day 1 of VK has been a blast so far. :lol:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Some people take 3 weeks, but to get 4 they have to submit 3, wait until everyone else has chosen, then submit for the 4th week. So we're not really limited, other than trying to keep one person from blocking a whole month if anyone else wants time then.
We just got the calendar to pick for Jan -June. I have 1st picks. In a catch 22. If I retire in Dec. no problem. But if something comes up and I cant. I'll miss out on the days I want. To pick or not to pick that is the Question.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Morning!

ugh to all this work and workouts. We need an island vacation for the posse. For a month.
If you supply the Caribbean island OR private yacht that is berthed in the Caribbean, I'll pay for my own fare! I'll even help you carry the cauldron!

That would be lovely! Especially with Pina Coladas and cabin boys! :)
Um.... well....see....here's the deal.... I'm not a big fan of cabin boys... Nor do I think I could make a good one.

Nope... Can't like that post.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
A vacation sounds wonderful and the pina coladas and a cabin boy would be great too.

Drott, hope vacation gets better.

Work went good today and my Target medicine trip wasn't too awful. What was annoying were my kids calling and texting me all day. It was can you bring me a bottle of water, I forgot the check for lunch money and I need it so will you bring it to me, I ate a rotten apple, I don't feel good, my stomach hurts, when are you coming home, and will you come pick me up from school early. Ugghhh!!! I counted and between the two of them managed to call/text me 15 times by 12:00 pm! Then I finally get home and Alex is asleep and before I could turn around good so was Morgan. Trying to get them up has been fruitless. I''ll be sure to pester the carp out of them the rest of the day. :evil:

Reactions: Drottwiler

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Punkin!!! We missed you! How are you doing?
We are still kicking. Thanks for asking. Many things have happened over the last couple of months and NONE of them worth repeating so I won't burden you with them. I see you have been enjoying your pharmaceuticals (NOT)! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread