HCigar VT200

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Well if you want to run Ti or SS or anything other than Ni. You're have to offset you're temp. You'll have to go into the escribe program to upload a your wire's specific TCR curve. You really need a PC to take advantage of the dna 200 board. So w/o a PC , when you pop on your TFV4 Ti coil, you'll have 200 watts in temp mode (200°-600° F) to play with, however, you'll have to offset your temp by about 90-100° because the dna is set up to run Ni from the box. But 200 watts is available for all wire types.

EDIT: Evolv does not measure their wattage in temp mode as joules like Yihi.

OK, so "temp mode" is wattage and not joules. So I will have a setting in menu for Kanthal and Ni AKA "Temp" and within that everything is wattage except I can set a max temp like 480 to adjust for what is actually an effect of 580 (what may show on a YiHI) because it is not recognizing the Ti. Later one someone will probably have a setting for this coil and then I could have a preset of "smok TI". I'm sure I will figure it out. On the IPV3 Li I just set it to 570F, 95 Joules and cranked it on up.

Seems like OOB it would have the ability to do basic temp with Ti.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtmizrOpin

DARKFiB3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
SE London
about.me
That has me stumped. Am I looking at typos or current UK slang that I am out of touch with?
I don't think English is his/her first language.

Pretty sure they meant to say something along the lines of...

Brass is a nice material for a 510 connection. Have you ever used a mod with one, e.g. The HB50?

cimon

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
UK
LOL me too. I doubt HCigar will release the production version with a brass 510. Their last 2 DNA devices have had a stainless 510 so I would bet this one will too. Can't wait for the CoOp for this one.

OK nice n slow. I think that Brass material is better than SS (510 connector) in that situation. It did and still do the job (HB50).

And now, bit of reminder:

- HB35/50 - BRASS (proper 510 - undesctructable)
- HB40 - SS (no issues so far - max. 40W)
- VT40 - crappy brass through c-frame (totally mistake)
- VT200 - BRASS (back to proper HB50 510)

I understand that they had a good reason to put Brass material in there (200W?).

From left: HB50, HB40
ibyDsNK.jpg

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
huh? ...and no, brass is way soft for a 510 connector shell material, especially considering most atties are stainless and the chances of stripping that connector is pretty great.

I agree, brass isn't good....way too soft.

It'll strip much easier and could be a real problem for peeps that regularly change tanks.

SS tank threads will rip through brass like butter if not careful.

Let's just hope that they're not brass in the production models cuz it they are, the VT200 is gonna take a HUGE dive in sales!

I'm already reading posts in that video where peeps are walking away from buying one JUST for that reason.

Brass is a horribly bad choice for such a critical component on a mod.....WTH were they thinking?

"Let's use SS buttons but then save some production costs and install a built-to-break brass 510 connector..."

tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The VT200 in that video was a production model. Anyone consider that a brass 510 has lower static resistance than stainless, and that good quality brass can be pretty durable? Most stainless 510s found on Chinese mods are made from "soft" stainless steel, like 303, and that's just about the same hardness as good brass.

Do keep in mind that Evolv worked fairly closely with HCigar on that mod, and they still went with a brass 510.

Personally, I don't think they did it to save money, I think they did it for performance. The cost of goods difference between a brass and stainless 510 is pennies, or practically non-existent when using softer stainless.

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Got quite a few brass hybrid connectors from back in the day and doubt those people used crappy brass to make m.
They all became wobbly, while they still work most if not all became wobbly/wonky over the years, then whe not even started about the tarnishing yet.
Its taking the guy long to answer my question if there will be a upgraded version as he said the connector would be SS, dont believe he was just talking out of his a.. on his first reply.

Reactions: DARKFiB3R

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
The VT200 in that video was a production model.

Is this an assumption or do you have confirmation from Hcigar that it was?

Do keep in mind that Evolv worked fairly closely with HCigar on that mod, and they still went with a brass 510.

Where did you read this exactly?

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
If I had to guess, they used brass in preproduction because it's easier to machine and in the little street stall CNC shops where the parts are actually made, it might be cheaper as well as faster due to less machine time and tool wear. Once they confirm the parts are what they want they can have them made in stainless.

I can't see a mass produced box mod in 2015 coming out with a brass 510. Has Hcigar used a brass 510 on their other box mods? I think they know better.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
If I had to guess, they used brass in preproduction because it's easier to machine and in the little street stall CNC shops where the parts are actually made, it might be cheaper as well as faster due to less machine time and tool wear. Once they confirm the parts are what they want they can have them made in stainless.

I can't see a mass produced box mod in 2015 coming out with a brass 510. Has Hcigar used a brass 510 on their other box mods? I think they know better.

cimon's post show the HB50 (brass) and HB40 (SS) side-by-side comparison above.

Hcigar_E_Cig_box_mod_vv_vw.jpg

Not so easy to see and I could be wrong, but the threads appear to be a crap insert similar to that of a stick battery 510.

Though I seriously doubt that it's plated junk metal and is probably solid brass, if this is what's being used....the VT 200 won't sell.

Too many veterans know to stay away from brass, ain't worth risking $170+ on a "maybe it'll be good?"

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
cimon's post show the HB50 (brass) and HB40 (SS) side-by-side comparison above.

Hcigar_E_Cig_box_mod_vv_vw.jpg

Not so easy to see and I could be wrong, but the threads appear to be a crap insert similar to that of a stick battery 510.

Though I seriously doubt that it's plated junk metal and is probably solid brass, if this is what's being used....the VT 200 won't sell.

Too many veterans know to stay away from brass, ain't worth risking $170+ on a "maybe it'll be good?"

Ugh. That's crazy. 510 threads are too fine to hold up in brass over the long haul. Do any of these manufacturers actually use vape gear?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Most of the more "expencive" attys are 316 ss isnt it, this article exactly says that is harder then any brass wich is the biggest point of wearing them out over time i think?
Not a metalurgist (or even know much about it) just speaking of experience with the brass pieces i had so far, brass on brass wouldnt wear out that fast i guess but SS on brass will overtime kill m?
Weird how this article says brass resists corrosion/tarnishing, thats exactly the opposite then most of us experienced in vaping, why is that?

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Most of the more "expencive" attys are 316 ss isnt it, this article exactly says that is harder then any brass wich is the biggest point of wearing them out over time i think?
Not a metalurgist (or even know much about it) just speaking of experience with the brass pieces i had so far, brass on brass wouldnt wear out that fast i guess but SS on brass will overtime kill m?
Weird how this article says brass resists corrosion, thats exactly the opposite then most of us experienced in vaping, why is that?

Brass is indeed extremely resistant to corrosion in common environments but it does readily tarnish.

Reactions: Monoxxide

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
My bad, was thinking corrosion = tarnish , had to google that lol.
Keeping brass contacts clean on mechs was such a pain that someone made me platinum over gold plated ones.

And damn, so would like this box (without trying to hype lol) this for sure looks like it can stand next to a VS (wich is nicest looking mass produced one atm for me) regarding to finish and the big plus of a bigger battery. They will never announce a upgrade this late in process i think, to many people would just wait to buy. Still hoping they change there mind.

Last edited:

Monoxxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Belgium
Sorry im not a builder, i buy mods that dont need any work, well atleast i try to or i need to pay a third party to fix my stuff.

Got a reply on their FB page just now. Basicly saying same as wat darkfibre posted.
Guess he/she prefered to go around the question in a big circle.

Shenzhen Hcigar Technology Co., Ltd.Please don't worry about the brass connector. We are use high quality brass. It will be okay. Thanks

Wonder why the EC Supply Inc guy told me it would be SS but oh well guess im done asking and see wat comes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread