Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
In some counties in KY the health departments passed a law saying no smoking in restaurants, and basically all retail/public buildings. The Ky supreme court said the health departments could NOT legislate but a year later the laws are still in place. In KY it is done on a county by county basis.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
We've had similar laws regarding smoking in public places, gov't etc for years. Unfortunately, most cities have lumped vaping in with that... so legally it's not allowed within the space or within 20' of a door or window... but at least vape shops are still exempt. Not that they don't keep trying!

We did successfully beat back the opposition for the second year in a row, but...

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Thanks, Ken! I'm trying to get more pg/vg & flavorings going this month, LD sales will be a huge help!

I'll add another one.....

377bc805-0be4-44c1-8bb3-a23f3e3974b2.jpeg

Choose your offer!

10% off your entire order of any size.

or

17% off your entire order over $199.00

Simply use coupon code 17off or 10offat checkout Expires Friday at Midnight!

(These coupon offers are not valid with custom quotes or other discounts. Only one coupon per order can be used. Expires 9/4/2015 at midnight)

10% or 17% Offer

ETA the link.... Essential Oils, Soap Making Supplies & More | Bulk Apothecary

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Whew, had a close call today. I was getting ready to go out my door, I refilled my Herakles with my DIY Rumchata. After filling, I was having a couple draws and finishing my cup of coffee, whole bean Columbian Supreme fully caffeinated, and wow what a horrible taste from my Herakles. Oops, time to replace the coil! No problem, reach down and grab my box of coils and wait, where is it? Oh no, I had used the last one in my other tank. Thanks to The Vapor Hut, while out I stopped by and they had them in stock. Buy a 5 pack. Glad it happened today and not Sunday, they are closed on Sunday and also on Monday due to the holiday. Now to go clean the pool and get ready for the weekend.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks, Ken! I'm trying to get more pg/vg & flavorings going this month, LD sales will be a huge help!
Ken beat me to Essential Depot, but ecigexpress also has 30% off flavorings, and they have a wide variety. I think Capellas and Lorann's are exempted. also wholesale and bulkbuys
laborday30.jpg

Hmm, I'm getting a vision of myself wearing a headlamp, madly wrapping coils in the dead of night. Never know :)
Have you been watching me somehow??? At least it was much easier after I got the headlamp. Where I live the light is very very dim, I was always building at night, cuz I'm normally a night owl. You should have seen me trying to get dual coils in a nuppin with a crappy low light flashlight tucked up under my chin. Got the headlamp and realized, it is sooooooo much easier to build coils when you can actually SEE the wire and the holes it goes into!!! That alone should tell you how easy it can be to build coils. hehehe

The Ky supreme court said the health departments could NOT legislate but a year later the laws are still in place.
and they will stay in place til someone sues over it. Then I dunno if it'll go back to the Ky supreme court again or if they rule once and it's a done deal. Of course, someone could carry it to the US Supreme Court. But as long as no one is throwing a fit they have to pay attention to, they won't.

Which one of you clowns ordered a booby from Fastech?

Anybody know how Myrany is doing?
That's hilarious! I sure hope Myrany is doin ok. Miss her.

Oops, time to replace the coil! No problem, reach down and grab my box of coils and wait, where is it? Oh no, I had used the last one in my other tank. Thanks to The Vapor Hut, while out I stopped by and they had them in stock
and the end of that story is that you came home and ordered 10 boxes of coils????

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Myrany was last seen: Jun 12, 2015
Anybody know how to contact her?
She falls out of communication with regularity. I am sure she will be back. Remember she needs to help her husband set up for the school year.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
That's exactly why most of us started making our own juice. We have a store of nic because we can stil get it d if worse comes to worse, even if you don't diy, you can buy whateven juice is out there & add your own nic to to your kuice

I'd love to stockpile some nic just in case our gov't decides to come down hard on e-juice. My local B&M has 0-24mg e-juice but I was told it's illegal; it just isn't regulated.

I wouldn't know where to get the nic to add to juice if it came to that. Pretty certain we can't order it from the U.S. Customs won't allow it through the border. :(

That's it! - I'm packin' my bags and movin' to Palm Springs with all the other Snow Birds!

:)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I'd love to stockpile some nic just in case our gov't decides to come down hard on e-juice. My local B&M has 0-24mg e-juice but I was told it's illegal; it just isn't regulated.

I wouldn't know where to get the nic to add to juice if it came to that. Pretty certain we can't order it from the U.S. Customs won't allow it through the border. :(

That's it! - I'm packin' my bags and movin' to Palm Springs with all the other Snow Birds!

:)
Silly goose. It only took me 3 seconds to find this:
100 mg Nicotine Base - e-cigsupply.ca

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
There ya go!! Some folks in Canada that live close enough to the states have it sent to an addy here, then drive down and get it. But wonder if that link Ken posted would work. If so, most don't seem to know about it. Dunno if that would get confiscated too

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@bigbells Well bells how you liking the Ti. I have heard good things about that wire and I have heard that their speil on their wire is all hype. I know it is kinda expensive. I'm trying the Unkamen and it seems really good. The Crazy Wire is good too. They have slight differences but both have good flavor. I haven't tried cleaning the Unk yet and it has a rough finish from being acid washed. The Unk has a slightly lower resistance because it is a true 26awg the CW is about 27. Seems to me like more vapor from the Unk and it is a little stiffer but I like it. With shipping the price is about the same. You can get the Unkamen from Unkamensupplies.com for 9.95 for 35' plus $3 shipping. I would recommend either one so far. I also hear that Stealth Vapes is good and the stuff from 3fvapor. The Crazy Wire is way cheaper but where I get it the shipping is about $12. I'm sold on the Ti and the TC vaping I don't think I could go back to Kanthal. I have one that I am running on Kanthal and the flavor is not the same but I am going to try a different coil. The same as I use with other wires. 5 wraps 3mm spaced and see if it makes a diff. I love the flavor with Ti though, especially with the flavors I get from Russia via Germany.

Last edited:

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
There ya go!! Some folks in Canada that live close enough to the states have it sent to an addy here, then drive down and get it. But wonder if that link Ken posted would work. If so, most don't seem to know about it. Dunno if that would get confiscated too
Just checked out Ken's link. Can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work (insert sound of riotous applause here). I'm thinking if it's being shipped within Canada it won't be a problem. It's just that pesky border which can cause a speed bump. This way I can avoid paying in U.S. dollars, seeing as ours is tanking.

Wow! - you folks are faster than phone-a-friend!!
Have a fabulous long weekend all!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Whew, had a close call today. I was getting ready to go out my door, I refilled my Herakles with my DIY Rumchata. After filling, I was having a couple draws and finishing my cup of coffee, whole bean Columbian Supreme fully caffeinated, and wow what a horrible taste from my Herakles. Oops, time to replace the coil! No problem, reach down and grab my box of coils and wait, where is it? Oh no, I had used the last one in my other tank. Thanks to The Vapor Hut, while out I stopped by and they had them in stock. Buy a 5 pack. Glad it happened today and not Sunday, they are closed on Sunday and also on Monday due to the holiday. Now to go clean the pool and get ready for the weekend.
Yes, find a cheep place, perhaps Fastech, and order a bunch ahead of time so you don't need to worry about. The coils I use, I was getting for something like $5.95 a pack and that was a good deal. Now getting them from FT at about $3.54-$3.14 a box, depending on quantity. And the FT ones are authentic. Worth the piece of mind to plan ahead, plus you save a ton so have more money for new shiny. :D
She falls out of communication with regularity. I am sure she will be back. Remember she needs to help her husband set up for the school year.
Her FIL was also very sick last we heard (or I did) from her and hoping things have improved greatly. Slots is another I haven't seen in a while. Have to go root around the DIY section.

For new people, Myrany was the one (to the best of my recollection) was the one that enlightened us all to the fact that FT actually ships overseas via sea turtle, and almost always geriatric ones. They get blown off course due to the large packages, so on and so forth. Hence the booby on the sea turtle.
What the???? Well, bust my buttons! Slap me silly and call me Ida! (I have no idea what that means)
Why in the heck didn't I Google it? Talk about ur defeatist attitude. Shame on me :/
Thanks @Ken_A !!!!
There are a large number of Canadians on ECF. Most of them don't seem to have trouble getting nic. Most of the problems appear to occur getting it over the boarder, but the seasoned ones seem to know how/where to get it in country. If one lives close to the border, that seems to be the preferred solution.
Ken, I emailed her earlier today. Will let you know when I get a response.
DH, thank you and please let us all know.

ETA - I hope I've fixed all the typos now and it's easier to read. Man, I wish I'd learn how to type. :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread