Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
If they can determine a reasonably safe limit, then that would be a good thing to implement. That's a lot better than simply allowing irresponsible vendors to gain a flavor advantage over their competitors by adding HUGE amounts of diketones to their liquid, with no regard for the damage it may cause their customers.
but its perfectly ok for vendors to test other vendors products and expose them to ridicule for having diketones?
they do not do this because they are concerned with anyone's health.clever marketing tactics to appeal to
irrational fears does not a good vendor make.

I don't think you have any idea how professional e-liquid is made. If you have specific questions about Halo e-liquid, you should ask on the Halo forum. They are a professional company, unlike others. I really don't either, but I don't pretend to. I don't have a financial interest in saying DA and AP are safe, however...
professional e-liquid is made the same way as good DIY is made. measure carefully.
mix. the end.
:2c:
regards
mike

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
but its perfectly ok for vendors to test other vendors products and expose them to ridicule for having diketones?
they do not do this because they are concerned with anyone's health.clever marketing tactics to appeal to
irrational fears does not a good vendor make.

professional e-liquid is made the same way as good DIY is made. measure carefully.
mix. the end.
regards
mike

NO, he's talking about that professional ejuice, I think it's that really expensive cloud competition juice he uses ...........

Reactions: skoony

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
YOU'RE GOING TO GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!

lol just kidding. OK I'm so done here. This thread is yours now. A gift from me to you. Remember, keep your hands and feet inside until the thread comes to a complete stop.
but your leaving the ball,right?
its the only good ball we've got.
regards
mike

Reactions: WillyZee

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If the manufacturer won't test 'em themselves (or has 'em tested and refuses to publish the results), then yes, it's absolutely OK.

If you don't care what's in your liquid, you're free to buy it anyway.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
If the manufacturer won't test 'em themselves (or has 'em tested and refuses to publish the results), then yes, it's absolutely OK.

It's all about liability. If I were a vendor I certainly wouldn't sell any ingestible product I didn't have tested. There will be lawsuits...

Reactions: Racehorse

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

your missing my point.its all a clever marketing ploy. they do not care
any more for your health than the vendors that don't or won't test.
they are just trying to reel in the uber health conscious segment of
the market to make money. its a clever hook i will admit but, i will
not give them any accolades for it.
regards
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It's all about liability. If I were a vendor I certainly wouldn't sell any ingestible product I didn't have tested. There will be lawsuits...
if and when something turns out to be harmful there will undoubtedly
be lawsuits to bring the market into compliance. even with out FDA
regulation.
regards
mike

Reactions: man00ver

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
your missing my point.its all a clever marketing ploy. they do not care
any more for your health than the vendors that don't or won't test.
they are just trying to reel in the uber health conscious segment of
the market to make money. its a clever hook i will admit but, i will
not give them any accolades for it.
regards
mike
Even if the purpose is marketing, those of us who wish to know what's in the juice we vape do give those vendors accolades.

I'll give you an example: One of the flavors in my rotation is AVE's Boba's Bounty. It was tested by a 3rd party (DashVapes up in Canada) and showed 40 ug/ml of DA, but no AP. IMO, that's an OK level for something a person vapes in low quantities and I will continue to buy it occasionally. If I hadn't found test results, the pledge I made back in July (see my sig) would either preclude me from continuing to buy it or force me to have it tested myself.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Yes. If said vendor is carrying/selling the products, and the "other vendor" has refused to test, even after being notified.

I take it that you ARE familiar with the way consumer law works? That the "entire supply chain" is liable, should someone be injured.

If I were vaporshark, or anyone else, no way would I expose myself to any kind of negligent claims because ONE of the vendors I carry on my shelf, that I sell under my good name, refuses to fly in formation like everyone else I carry.

I would most definitely let my customers know that there is a problem with DAP as well. And probably drop the vendor from my line up after making a 2nd request

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's all about liability. If I were a vendor I certainly wouldn't sell any ingestible product I didn't have tested.

Actually, it's all about TRANSPARENCY.

Something a consumer spending $$ on something to be injested into their body has a right to know..... if there is information that IS or CAN BE known.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
The fear mongering has existed since I have been on this forum. Every day the government and ANTS in black helicopters are going to shut down vaping tomorrow...

In the way you are writing about here, I agree, and is what my first post on ECF almost 3 years ago was about.

But that ain't the same type of fear mongering in this thread. This type is exactly the type that opposition throws at us, and hope it sticks in letting anyone know who "truly cares" that vaping, right now, is a dangerous activity.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
All of this back and forth discussion is so easily dissolved by reverting back to the simple premise: Diketones are an inhalation risk and should be avoided. Its still so simple and just as true as it was 52 pages worth of posts and arguing ago.

The "should be avoided" is not truth. And so not simple. FDA is likely to allow the compound, up to limit, in product, so if you stand by "should be avoided" then you are in essence saying vaping altogether should be avoided. Is that what you've been saying for past 52 pages?

The simplicity of this thread is that you are personally concerned with vaping diketones, and you hope to avoid it. When you tell others that (all) others should avoid it, based on what is easily established as lack of evidence from your end, then it is clear you are engaging in fear mongering. I enjoy defeating this rhetoric on a daily basis.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
The above is a clear cut case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Its an overreaction in an effort to make safety advocates look irrational for simply trying to make juices safer for inhalation.

I'm pretty sure the "safety advocates" are taking care of the overreaction part all on their own. Glad to continue to point how irrational their claims are in many instances.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
ejuices.com carries over 300 brand juices. Are they to pay to have them all tested? Vaporshark sells their brand of ejuice and as far as I know they still carry the brands which failed the testing. Example Cuttwood. Is vaporshark now liable? What was their motive for testing besides saying their juices are diketone free?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
For some money trumps health, especially when it is the health of others...

Arguably for all, money trumps health. Or answer me this, why wouldn't any person concerned with diketones do their own tests? To make it more abundantly clear that it is all about the money, let's say tests costs the consumer 10 cents per test. Would you see consumers then doing more of their own tests?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Even if the purpose is marketing, those of us who wish to know what's in the juice we vape do give those vendors accolades.
undeserved accolades because as of yet there is no evidence of diketones
causing harm to vapers and the 99.9 percent of the food processing
industry that uses or has used them.
Yes. If said vendor is carrying/selling the products, and the "other vendor" has refused to test, even after being notified.

I take it that you ARE familiar with the way consumer law works? That the "entire supply chain" is liable, should someone be injured.
notified of what? one of the thousand and one things that might,maybe,potentially,
cause harm 20 or 30 years down the road but do not seem to be causing harm now.
i am familiar enough with the law. first of all there has to exist an actual harm to
somebody or evidence that it 'will' cause harm.(a tort has occurred)then there has to be an actual court case.
then the courts will determine how,why and,when the harm occurred and,determine
if and whom is or is not responsible for it. the industry will adapt to the new conditions
if necessary. all with out FDA regulations.

Actually, it's all about TRANSPARENCY.
TRANSPARENCY: sounds good on paper but,in the real world its more of an
excuse for a customer to act like the south end of a north bound horse.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread