Status
Not open for further replies.

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Tried a fused Clapton. Flavor is amazing but it's too hot a vape for me. Same as the other builds. I can only vape on it for so much.

l5oLCOrl.jpg

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
How's that vaping? It's hard to picture what that coil with an alien wrap would do.
It is an alien wrap. Triple interlocking. I'll probably do 4 wraps and throw it on the hobo to see what it's like soon. I did build this though. Most difficult build I've done so far
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
it's me thinking outside the box. 3 core 26g32g N80 alien with all 3 cores removed. Then I put a single strand of 26g back inside it and helixed it with 3x38g N80. Pulling out the cores while maintaining shape is so hard to not **** up. And the helixing doesn't really like to stay on the finished product.
Well, this is my first build using this type of wire. This is the best attempt using the tools at hand. Believe this is 28 gauge wire. Any suggestions in the future how to get the coils more together would be helpful. This picture shows my first attempt ever to build coils. The thing that's interesting is the space between the coils feels like there is more airflow. Friends or vape shop people were the ones who used to build all my coils, but figured it was time to do my first build including wicking. Glad it at least works and props to the folks who can make almost perfect spring-like builds. Very impressive. Vape on.

ZPbvIG.jpg
What kind of tools did you have on hand? Twisted 28g....Ni200?
@G-weezy what gauges did you use? It looks super thick.

@SLIPPY_EEL super clean twisted 20g build, I like it. Smart man running it on a Dimitri, don't want to stress one single battery too much. I don't feel comfortable running builds <.1Ω on a single battery mech, which is why I too have a Dimitri box...it makes me feel safer with vtc4's so I can build super low, like 45A low...does anyone know how many ohms that translates to?

Last edited:

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Well, this is my first build using this type of wire. This is the best attempt using the tools at hand. Believe this is 28 gauge wire. Any suggestions in the future how to get the coils more together would be helpful. This picture shows my first attempt ever to build coils. The thing that's interesting is the space between the coils feels like there is more airflow. Friends or vape shop people were the ones who used to build all my coils, but figured it was time to do my first build including wicking. Glad it at least works and props to the folks who can make almost perfect spring-like builds. Very impressive. Vape on.

ZPbvIG.jpg

Is that a twisted ribbon?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
For some reason I'm really liking parallel single coils with 90° angular lead bends in my hobo lately. No filter/touch ups:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Stitched alien 2x26g N80 cores, 32g N60 alien with a 38g N80 stitch parallel to 24g N80. Slight curve in one of the wraps, guess I didn't twist all of them out fully. I should have mounted it with the leads up because there's no curve on the other side.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
@Tom Forde that loos sick my man. I've been doing the single coil like that in my velocity ever since you posted one up. I'll bet the flavor from that is super intense.

@SLIPPY_EEL thats a perty twist right there. I have some 20 gauge on the way so I may have to try that one.

@G-weezy i just did the same build last night. I think mine is 2 x 26g n80 core and 34g wrap. Gonna twist it up later and see what she does. I've heard this is a flavor monster.

vapeNoob4

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2015
What kind of tools did you have on hand? Twisted 28g....Ni200?
Is that a twisted ribbon?
Basically had on hand a small screwdriver set and wrapped the wire on the rounded part of the tool. Need to get a wire coiler think the vape shop here has them. It is twisted ribbon in 28 gauge kanthal.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Basically had on hand a small screwdriver set and wrapped the wire on the rounded part of the tool. Need to get a wire coiler think the vape shop here has them. It is twisted ribbon in 28 gauge kanthal.
Ya don't need a coiler you just need a vice or clamp to hold the wire, screw driver and a pair of pliers

Reactions: Retro138

Superfecta_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2015
Colorado
Busted this out today for a buddy of mine on his twisted messes. Framed staple aliens. I've made em before, not this pretty. I used 34 for the alien in hopes that you could see the cores better than with 36.

Been having a ton of fun with this macro lens for my old iPhone. Anyone know how to make it focus on both coils?

6RnOBsq.jpg

Nxjbjy6.jpg

Happy Friday.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Busted this out today for a buddy of mine on his twisted messes. Framed staple aliens. I've made em before, not this pretty. I used 34 for the alien in hopes that you could see the cores better than with 36.

Been having a ton of fun with this macro lens for my old iPhone. Anyone know how to make it focus on both coils?

6RnOBsq.jpg

Nxjbjy6.jpg

Happy Friday.
I use the Camera+ app to take my pics then I clean them up in Adobe Photoshop Express. There's another good app, I'm pretty sure it's called Enlight, I know a lot of people use it, it's ranked #5 on top paid photo/video apps on the App Store. It's also about getting the spacing and angle right so you can get both coils in the focus area of your macro lens. Each lens is different so it's a matter of moving the camera the coils. Try to get the focus centered right in between the two coils, and tap the screen to get the brightness/focus in the area you want to get both coils in the pic.

Last edited:

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
For these low ohm builds a VW device would last longer with dual 18650's.

The only other build I do is dual macro 24ga Nichrome 80. Maybe try that simple build?
Same here...this is a dual micro using 24g Nichrome.. Its a good cloud blowing .25 build at 75-80w on the IPV4... about a week old here and I'll probly change out the cotton later today..
ffb7d795e1c6bf1309e77aec50946c80.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
First attempt at a fused clapton
2 core 28/32N80 parallel with 26N80
5 wrap ringing at 0.18Ohm
f21e6706a31280368a3790af22df1a62.jpg
Nice for a first shot, when you wrap a fused Clapton, use pliers to remove the twists you get in the wire, always happens to me but they're easy to undo. Concept wire for now:
image.jpg
image.jpg
It was originally a 24/30g 3 core alien, decored it and stretched it out a bit and kinda made it into a double suture with a staggered fused 28g/2x32g wrap & then 26g/38g suture over that. It actually fit quite nicely into the grooves, I gotta figure out what I want to do with it now.

IonMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Bradley, Illinois, United States
Nice for a first shot, when you wrap a fused Clapton, use pliers to remove the twists you get in the wire, always happens to me but they're easy to undo.
Thanks for that. I actually tried to remove the twists by hand, to no avail... by hand it's a pain in the ayuss.

Off today to pick up some toothless pliers and swivel hooks... hopefully I'll have some much nicer coils to exploit later [emoji4]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread