Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
Hello and pardon me, I couldn't find a subforum for this.

Today, I received a tuglyfe mod. My 1st ever unregulated mod. I've tried several of my toppers on it, but haven't had a decent vape yet. :confused:

I installed a brand new, married, set of fully charged Efest IMR 18650 3.7 2100mAh 38A positive ends up and at .5 ohms it feels weak.

I'm comfortable with building and my regulated set ups rock. I don't have a meter. The 3.7 is what's printed on the outside of each battery. Did I get the wrong batteries or what?

Thanks in advance for any info/direction you can provide.

Last edited:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland

Today, I received a Tuglyfe mod. My 1st ever unregulated mod. I've tried several of my toppers on it, but haven't had a decent vape yet. :confused:

I installed a brand new, married, set of fully charged Efest IMR 18650 3.7 2100mAh 38A positive ends up and at .5 ohms it feels weak.

I'm comfortable with building and my regulated set ups rock. I don't have a meter. The 3.7 is what's printed on the outside of each battery. Did I get the wrong batteries or what?

You need to get a resistance meter.
The reason that your vape is not good is because .5 ohm is too high of a resistance.

Reactions: rangerrobin

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Today, I received a Tuglyfe mod. My 1st ever unregulated mod. I've tried several of my toppers on it, but haven't had a decent vape yet. :confused:

What is your regulated setup?
What voltage do you vape at on your regulated setup?

With unregulated, you are limited to 3.7 volts, so you have to make a coil to suit 3.7 volts.

a 24 gauge kanthal, dual coil, 0.5 ohm, will be weak at 3.7 volts.
a 26 gauge should be ok.
a 28 gauge might be a bit hot, but workable.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Okay, so it sounds like I need to build under .4 to use this mod. Correct?

No, you can likely build at any OHM you chose, within SANITY levels. Safety says to stay above .2 ohms, many don't.. Unless you have a meter that really read that low, MOST don't. But you could also build and run for weeks on a charge at 3ohms.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
No, you can likely build at any OHM you chose, within SANITY levels. Safety says to stay above .2 ohms, many don't.. Unless you have a meter that really read that low, MOST don't. But you could also build and run for weeks on a charge at 3ohms.
So far, I've gotten a decent vape off a .4 coil. I will try a .3. If I understand correctly my only coil options, with this device and these batteries, are .3 and .4?

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
What is your regulated setup?
What voltage do you vape at on your regulated setup?

With unregulated, you are limited to 3.7 volts, so you have to make a coil to suit 3.7 volts.

a 24 gauge kanthal, dual coil, 0.5 ohm, will be weak at 3.7 volts.
a 26 gauge should be ok.
a 28 gauge might be a bit hot, but workable.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Thank you for the info!

I've been using IPV2s, and IPV Mini II, and an IPV4S. My coil builds vary, as do my watts and voltage per build, device, juice, etc. I tend to like .5 -.8 anywhere from 30 watts to 45 watts. Voltage varies with the wattage.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thank you for the info!

I've been using IPV2s, and IPV Mini II, and an IPV4S. My coil builds vary, as do my watts and voltage per build, device, juice, etc. I tend to like .5 -.8 anywhere from 30 watts to 45 watts. Voltage varies with the wattage.

What wire do you use? Without that, ohms and watts just tells me about how fast your battery drains. The wire determines the HEAT.
Model some build on Steamengine, Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Maybe we can help come up with an equivelent build for a mech.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
So far, I've gotten a decent vape off a .4 coil. I will try a .3. If I understand correctly my only coil options, with this device and these batteries, are .3 and .4?
Wrong. You have two VTC4 cells in parallel. You could technically draw 60 amps and still be within the CDR, if you want to stay below CDR. You can see this for yourself using ohms law. You have many options. If using 24g, I would start with a .2 ohm build, which will be at half the CDR for your batteries. Measure your resistances. Make sure there are no build errors. Do it right and you won't have any issue.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I said 3 OHM as in THREE.ZERO and even higher.
Oops... :oops:
What wire do you use? Without that, ohms and watts just tells me about how fast your battery drains. The wire determines the HEAT.
Model some build on Steamengine, Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Maybe we can help come up with an equivelent build for a mech.
28g Kanthal. I don't know the mm of the little blue screw driver, but will find out and try the calculator. Thanks for your assistance!

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Oops... :oops:
28g Kanthal. I don't know the mm of the little blue screw driver, but will find out and try the calculator. Thanks for your assistance!
Oh, I would think that 28g should be fine at .4 ohm. Maybe your build isn't good. Can you post a picture? Are you using an RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread