Not open for further replies.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Punkin!!! :)
It is good to see my friends are still here! Every time I go to the post office I am extra nice because of the stories I heard you tell of the crap you have to put up with. Then I go to the Grrr store and lett'er rip. :lol:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm already home from work. Had to stop and get a gift card for my mom's birthday tomorrow. We're all meeting for lunch at granny's. I picked up a cobb salad while I was at the store so I can take it with me to eat. I'm sure what they have will not be weight watchers friendly so I'm bringing my own food.

I got in an extra dog today since Jordan didn't show up on time. Big surprise, I know. :laugh: She's complaining that she needs more money and when she's given the opportunity she doesn't come through. Her mom gets fed up with her and gives me her dogs if she's not there by ten. One by one she loses the work. The later she is the more dogs I do. Works out well for me even though there are some days I am not wanting to groom a few extras. I just remember that pay day will be awesome the more dogs I do.

Alex is of course still asleep. Morgan is up and on the computer. Both will soon be doing their chores. And they are not fun ones today. I'm still irritated about them calling and texting me yesterday morning. :laugh: I've got a few odd and end things I need to do like putting candle tins and glass bottles on the upper shelf in the office, organizing a different shelf in there with all my canning stuff, and organizing my herb collection. I won't finish it all today but I'm off Monday so I should be able to accomplish it by the end of Monday.

I had a granola bar binge last night. I was just so hungry and got just one granola bar. That turned into four. :facepalm: Point wise it wasn't a great idea but still didn't go over my allowance for the week. And those chewy chocolate chip granola bars were so gooood!

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Hubby's off to the clubs but he's no help anyway so doesn't much matter.

How's hubby doing? Is he still on fluid restrictions?

What's this I read about you come the end of the year. Is Santa really gonna bring you what you want this year? :banana:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
He's doing well. They took him off the new pills and adjusted the dosage on one of the ones they took him off of. :lol::lol: Why they didn't just do that in the first place is anybody's guess. I am impressed with this Dr. He's in his late 30s. But he's not into the new expensive drugs. He told us that the old drugs that have been around for years work just as good if not better than the new ones. So we know he's not milking our insurance and hubby's out of pocket has dropped quite a bit.

Last edited:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Soo Bamrz 2 whole weeks. what ya got planed?
Not a danged thing! :p But I am going to tackle the upstairs, try to get Andy to pick up whatever stuff he still wants and get rid of what he doesn't. There are 2 bedrooms up there that only the cats are using right now, and I can put them to much better use! :lol:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Two weeks off sure sounds good to me. Especially if it was just me and hubby. I am off work tomorrow so that will have to do. :) I plan to work in the office getting stuff we want to keep but rarely use off one shelf and onto the higher shelf so we can use the lower shelf space for other stuff.

We got some possible good news in the mail yesterday. Social security sent a letter saying that Alex needs to come into the office with an adult that he trusts to determine whether he can handle the responsibility of ssi payments or if he needs some one to do it for him. Hubby and I agreed that he would need assistance with the money and we asked Alex what he thought and surprisingly he agreed that he could not handle it. I'm trying to not get my hopes up but it sounds like he may possibly be approved. You just don't know how much that would help. It could pay all his monthly medical expenses and medications as well. That would be awesome! Alex agreed that he could not manage the money so if he gets it we plan to open an account specifically for that and that way I can disperse money to the doctors and pharmacy and keep up with it by saving all receipts, etc. That way we can show Alex where his money is going and he would learn to start managing it himself some time in the future. We'll know more Thursday when hubby takes him in. We haven't heard anything else from the state vocational rehab office but I am assuming it will take a while. I know ssi said it could take up to four months to process and come to a decision and it is right at four months right now. Hubby and I are keeping our fingers crossed and anxious to know what definite decision that social security has come to. Alex is no where near able to live on his own or handle his affairs by himself. We have accepted that it will that quite a while before he is able to go on his own. We've done all we knew to do as far as treatment and therapy so now it's up to him to get his stuff together. He can do it to some degree I know. He'll just need some extra time. I think Morgan may be moved out before him seriously. Dare I say this but his attitude and attentiveness to others emotions is quite a step for him. We'll get there eventually.

Nothing exciting going on here. Just go back from Granny's celebrating my mom's birthday. Granny and mom are hoping to have granny all moved into my parents house with in the next two months. My aunt, the beautch from hill, is already hinting at what she wants out of grannys house. She's throwing hints all over the place. It's quite annoying and selfish I think. Anywho, hope everyone is having a nice day.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I had an aunt that did the hints thing after my dad passed away. She knew better than to do it when my mom died, which was several years before my dad, because I would have said something to my dad about it. And no, she got nothing. I played dumb, "I don't know where that silver platter is/gold ring is, etc...". Beautch is right. :-x

Reactions: Drottwiler

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
My granny had a cedar chest that was beautiful and I can remember climbing into it when I would go over there to stay the night, which was usually every weekend. When I got married she gave it to me. I love that thing. It's in my room at the end of my bed and no one is supposed to so much as open it but me. :laugh: It still has the metal name plate inside that says "To Lottie, love Jesse". Papa gave it to her sometime in the 50's. No one but my mom knows I have it or there would be big problems. Surprisingly no one has noticed it's been gone for 20 years. I was shocked when she gave it to me but she said that she knew I loved it and wanted me to have it before some one else could take it if something happened to her. Yeah, my aunt would be pitching a fit, especially because I am not a child, I'm a grand child.

Reactions: FlyingV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread