Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Looking to pick up another dna 40, and the Epetite and the sbody have made it to my short list. Performance for both should be the same; both have their advantages as to how they look. Can't decide -- any opinions as to which has the better build quality (in terms of rattle, button feel, 510 threading, etc.)?
just received an Epetite yesterday. man it's tiny!!! quite a bit smaller than my rDNA. too soon for an opinion one way or the other but sofar it's spot on! gunna take her camping for the weekend and see how that goes :)

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
This is my first DNA40 mod and I've come across a major glitch. The battery indicator is absolutely useless. When I take the battery out, put it back in and fire the Macro, the indicator displays the correct remaining voltage. When I fire it again the indicator is almost full. So every time I want an accurate reading, I have to take out the battery, put it back in and push the fire button.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is my first DNA40 mod and I've come across a major glitch. The battery indicator is absolutely useless. When I take the battery out, put it back in and fire the Macro, the indicator displays the correct remaining voltage. When I fire it again the indicator is almost full. So every time I want an accurate reading, I have to take out the battery, put it back in and push the fire button.

Yikes... That does sound like it is Working the way it Should.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT

If you do some googling or watch reviews on the DNA 40 you will see some of the glitches reviewers and other users have reported.
This is still a known issues with the DNA 40 but it will still function fine from what I have been told and read. You don't have to take the battery out as it should start to read your battery after a couple times of pressing the fire button from what i'm told from a reviewer.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
You don't have to take the battery out as it should start to read your battery after a couple times of pressing the fire button from what i'm told from a reviewer.
Not on mine. After jumping back to almost full, it stays put. The Macro is going back and it will be my first and also last DNA40 mod. I have zero tolerance for stuff like this.

Reactions: Eric Auer

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
If its still working the original way (earlier DNA40's) the battery meter estimates the amount of battery left by calculating off the last wattage the mod was fired at (goofy way of doing it).

Being that you're dealing with a temp controlled mod, the wattage can vary from puff to puff, so if you fire it without actually taking a draw (no airflow) it may drop the wattage way down then calculate off that wattage, ie show a much more full battery, then when you take an actual puff (with airflow) the wattage throttles back up and the calculation now shows a less full battery.

As far as i can tell, from my board, they have changed this with the DNA200 and the battery meter functions as it should, you can also change one of the fields in the display to read out the actual battery pack voltage.

Not defending their logic/methodology, but it never really bothered me on the couple DNA40's i have, though my vape habits/battery usage remain pretty consistent and easy to predict.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
I'm not using it in temp mode but regular old VW mode.

Hmm, can't say i've ever heard of it doing that in VW mode (non temp).

My advice would be to contact the vendor/return the unit.

You may also consider getting verified and jumping in the VT200 coop (if the organizer will ship abroad) and spend ~$17 more to have the bleeding edge chip, though you will have to wait a bit to get it.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I'm not at all interested in the DNA200. Btw, the indicator has dropped slightly now.
I still use 4 DNA40's and I found that charging them when they get to half bar works for me. At half bar, I still have a couple of hours of vaping if I really need it. I'm using a KFv4 with .12Ω Ni200 at 25w, 440°F. Once you figure it out, it's not that bad and the vape is way better than any other chip on the market.

Reactions: nelsonm64

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
I'm not at all interested in the DNA200. Btw, the indicator has dropped slightly now.

I can respect that, but may i ask why?

Minus being tethered to either lipo or dual 18650's, it's far superior to the DNA40 and much more future proof, and you don't have to run it/use anywhere near 200 watts.

I run a .16 single @ 23.5watts @ 440f (50w .5 sec preheat) in an rda on my homebrew DNA200, the 1000mah lipo im currently running lasts me ~2.5 days of vaping (3ml p/d), and its a wonderful vape.

vap0riz3

Unresolved Status
Jul 3, 2014
San Diego
I got mine about a month ago now and it's been my DD ever since. Threw a subtank mini on top of it which matches nicely except for the fact that the base hangs over the edge of the mod just the tiniest bit.

I've been using it in VW mode but today I started messing with some ni200 builds so that I could use TC. This is my first time building with nickel wire so it's taking some tinkering but I've got it working pretty well now.

The only downside I've noticed is that the battery terminals tend to chew up the wrap on the batteries since it's such a tight fit. Other than that I love it!

It slides in and out of the pocket much easier than my rDNA 40 since it has an anodized finish instead of a rubber coating. Everything fits well and there's no rattling internal parts. I love the size of it! So small, but still plenty of power.

I think I'm going to get the IPV D2 next since it's about the same size as the Macro but it goes up to 75w and gives you the Joules output reading.

8jzE8cDl.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread