Reo Grand #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA

Got hypnotized by all the Kawasaki Green LP/SL's out there and went for it. It really is lighter. Got the RM8 and RM9 as well. I prefer an airy, single coil but went dual coil on the Vector and like it so far and it will not leak unless it's upside down. The RM8 Derringer is great and is bumping out the RM4 (leaker). The RM8 is almost leak proof but I've managed a little dribble at the air holes but if I don't over squonk it will be fine. I fear dry hits and tend to over do it.

I like the adjustable 510 on this new one and it's needed for the RM9 which does not have an adjustable post and it won't work on my older Reo Grand LP. Thanks to all who helped me out on the atty advice.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi

Got hypnotized by all the Kawasaki Green LP/SL's out there and went for it. It really is lighter. Got the RM8 and RM9 as well. I prefer an airy, single coil but went dual coil on the Vector and like it so far and it will not leak unless it's upside down. The RM8 Derringer is great and is bumping out the RM4 (leaker). The RM8 is almost leak proof but I've managed a little dribble at the air holes but if I don't over squonk it will be fine. I fear dry hits and tend to over do it.

I like the adjustable 510 on this new one and it's needed for the RM9 which does not have an adjustable post and it won't work on my older Reo Grand LP. Thanks to all who helped me out on the atty advice.
They look great.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Very nice! Would be hard to misplace that green!!
Also, nice to see someone else numbering their batteries with a sharpie:D

What build to you have in the RM9?

Right now a .5 ohm dual coil 28g with Rayon but will try something a bit lower in the next day or so.

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
A beautiful pair indeed! The weight difference is noticeable (not like the non SL is heavy) and the grip ability is great too. The other day I pulled my red SL from my front pant pocket and a friend of mine said that it looked "so cool and high-tech."

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Yup, that's one thing not many mention is the grip that sl provides! Hard to drop that one.

Once you put a sl in your hand it's hard to go back.

My resolve not to get a 3rd Reo for a while is wavering.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
My resolve not to get a 3rd Reo for a while is wavering.

It's definitely a problem. I've decided I need an orange SL door for the black wrinkle Reo. I do like the enhanced grip those lightening cut outs provide. There, I've justified it. Maybe the RM7 too while I'm pushing the cart around. lol

Reactions: SteamStack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread