Square tank made specifically for box mods!!! (KS RTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Are you using Japanese cotton for wicks? I've thought of trying rayon, but I have a TON of Japanese cotton.

I only use Japanese cotton, Koh Gen Do and Puff. Though I should say I pull it through the coil very tight, basically as tight as possible without deforming the coil. I realize almost everyone disagrees with that, but I have tested it time and time again, and loose always leads to dry hits for me.

Mangomonkeyman

Nov 17, 2014
Louisiana
I just got my ks yesterday, threw a 3/32" .7ohm coil on it and I haven't even gotten a hint of a dry hit. Possibly the most well designed rta I've used.
Edit: I only use rayon. On this style of rta never pull wick out the canal, pull it through and push it down and fluff it out. Should have a fluffed shoulder at the canal. Works very well on taifun ataman and this

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Just saw that vapenw.com has the Tobeco KS RTA in stock for $15.99 which makes it even cheaper then Fasttech. I may need to order another.
I just came here to post a link to that. lol KS RTA SS by Tobeco $15.99 - RBA - Rebuildable

I really like this tank. More juice with no added height on the mini PVs is awesome. A little trick that worked for me- screw in the 510 to your mod, and then push the tank on and set the screws. No twirling the tank at all. And yes, it looks a little stupid on the Kbox but not horrible.
B1aSopY.jpg

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My Sigelei 75W TC showed up in the mail today, so I threw a nickel build in the KS RTA tonight. 8 wraps of 28ga Nickel at 3mm clocks in at 0.15Ω on the Sigelei. After a small learning curve of adjusting the temp and wattage to my liking, it's vaping fantastic.

Dead sexy combo too. :2cool:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I threw this drip tip in with my last Fasttech order and it's turned out to be a real nice one for the KS. Slightly larger diameter then the chimney top, but it's double o-ring and has knurling on the bottom of it, so it's a win/win for looks and operating the juice control. The airflow is not as wide as the tip's opening so it doesn't seem to kill flavor either. Sorry, no pic at the moment.

$1.76 CLT V3 Styled Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - 18.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Still loving my KS which now has a nickel coil and is perched on my IStick TC40.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
dc576dfd398064957c319d461b952c89.jpg
9d757f9236f0572153502abd8f02611a.jpg

These pics might not be doing it much justice but there's absolutely no overhang anywhere when set up right.
I like how short it is and its large capacity. Ordered black to match a black VF SX I have coming in the mail.
I definitely googled vapor flask & KS rta to see how they looked before I pulled the trigger on it.

level0five

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
I've been a die-hard Veritas user for quite some time now and absolutely love it. But drip fatigue has set in and I needed a large capacity tank for Tool at Monster Mash. They'll allow vapes but no juice bottles.

The KS looked to be the one. Huge capacity, top-fill, easy single build, short path to tip for a warm vape, and airflow equal to my Veritas (so I thought).

Grabbed the Tobeco clone from VapeNW. I'm on my third build atm (all 7/64 26g, micro and spaced) and have been underwhelmed thus far. Airflow is just shy of my sweet spot but serviceable. But I am terribly disappointed flavor wise. Can't quite grasp why it doesn't perform closer to my Veritas considering the deck, chamber size, and direct-to-coil airflow.

Don't think the airflow will support anything larger than 7/64 or more than 7/8 wraps. Guess I'll try twisted 28g next. May just have to mix up some stouter juice. Suggestions?

HardCoil

Unresolved Status
Aug 22, 2015
Malaysia
Anybody seen this yet? Looks incredible! Just hope it vapes as good as it looks, if so I'll definitely be picking one up :vapor:

11103249_937769209601878_5747584319787166554_o.jpg

IMG_1442_zpsxd4gmvze.jpg

IMG_1445_zpsfjizzyuj.jpg

IMG_1440_zpslshzphfk.jpg

IMG_1438_zpslcodppzp.jpg

Pre-orders will begin April 10-15.
Batch will be limited to 200 pieces.
the price is 140$
Extra big poly tube 20$
Extra small poly tube 20$
Polish (handmade) 15$
Shipping worldwide 12$
The kit included:
One KS with tube on your selection big or small.
Drip-tip
Extra orings.
Helen key to centre KS with box mod.

Material: 303 Stainless Steel with Polycarbonate tube
Capacity: 7 ml bevel version, 8 ml flat version
Height: 31 mm (not including 510 connector)
Length: 34 mm
Width: 22 mm
Posts Height: 9 mm
Distance Between Posts: 8.5 mm
Airflow Tube Height: 5 mm
Chimney Inside Diameter: 4.6 mm
Airflow Hole Diameter: 2.5 mm
Weight: 56 g

Holy Land Mods

Really cool setup! I wonder if it is available here in Malaysia

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
I've been a die-hard Veritas user for quite some time now and absolutely love it. But drip fatigue has set in and I needed a large capacity tank for Tool at Monster Mash. They'll allow vapes but no juice bottles.

The KS looked to be the one. Huge capacity, top-fill, easy single build, short path to tip for a warm vape, and airflow equal to my Veritas (so I thought).

Grabbed the Tobeco clone from VapeNW. I'm on my third build atm (all 7/64 26g, micro and spaced) and have been underwhelmed thus far. Airflow is just shy of my sweet spot but serviceable. But I am terribly disappointed flavor wise. Can't quite grasp why it doesn't perform closer to my Veritas considering the deck, chamber size, and direct-to-coil airflow.

Don't think the airflow will support anything larger than 7/64 or more than 7/8 wraps. Guess I'll try twisted 28g next. May just have to mix up some stouter juice. Suggestions?
Am I really the only one cracking this tank? Lol. I just cracked my 3rd tank. This time, trying to get the incredibly snug (and lubed!) driptip on it.
Broke my first one. Super glue and electrical tape are holding it together. I even lubed all the rings with juice .

I did find out that the spring under the 510 is under a lot of tension that causes the base to spring up when indexing the tank with your mod. You have to index it, let it sit funny like it does when you undo the set screws, pull it off, losen the 510, losen the index screws, press the base in fully, and finally snug the indexing set screws .

This tank is proving to be a giant PITA for me.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Broke my first one. Super glue and electrical tape are holding it together. I even lubed all the rings with juice .

I did find out that the spring under the 510 is under a lot of tension that causes the base to spring up when indexing the tank with your mod. You have to index it, let it sit funny like it does when you undo the set screws, pull it off, losen the 510, losen the index screws, press the base in fully, and finally snug the indexing set screws .

This tank is proving to be a giant PITA for me.
What I had to do (the second tank around) was align the 510 with the tank section off to avoid cracking it. Then, when it's all neat and aligned, pop the tank section on. That solved my problem until I now cracked it pushing the driptip on. I love this tank, but yea, it's a PITA.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Mine has been my all-day tank at work since I received it, and I've had no issues. I'm a dealer auto mechanic, and it gets knocked around in my pocket on and off all day.

Still using that banana juice?
Nope, I promise! This is a straight crack from applying too much force. I watched it happen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread