Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Received my FIRST Coil Master 521 Tab today. Fortunately, a replacement was shipped before I even received this one. Apparently they undercut the threads in the 510 connector, because about half of my attys won't screw into it. Seems like a pretty useful desktop device for the price once they get the quality control issues under control.

Anybody know the correct bolt size to chase threads in a 510? Worth a try since they don't want this one back. Otherwise I'll just try using the build deck of an atty that doesn't fit that I don't really care about.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Received my FIRST Coil Master 521 Tab today. Fortunately, a replacement was shipped before I even received this one. Apparently they undercut the threads in the 510 connector, because about half of my attys won't screw into it. Seems like a pretty useful desktop device for the price once they get the quality control issues under control.

Anybody know the correct bolt size to chase threads in a 510? Worth a try since they don't want this one back. Otherwise I'll just try using the build deck of an atty that doesn't fit that I don't really care about.
Heh, same deal here - bummer too. Looks so awesome

Reactions: Magaro

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Heh, same deal here - bummer too. Looks so awesome

Cool thing is that they replaced it before it even arrived. Pretty good customer service. Probably never should have shipped, but hopefully they learn. I suspect they will.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Toasty in there. Just my typical, nuthin' fancy.
Just curious - any notable differences on the authentic?
upclose.jpg

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi

I don't know the size, but they are sending me another one two.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
What did you do?? Some of mine fit and some don't.

Find an old atty that doesn't screw down properly. Screw it down as far as it goes easily. Unscrew it, and then screw it down again. Repeat many times. Each time it should go down a little further. The freshly cut threads of the 510 are most likely softer than the threads of the atty. They will slowly deform and wear away to the size necessary to allow the atty ( and others) to screw down properly. Like I said, it only took me a few minutes. Be patient. Good luck.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
View attachment 487281

I have an authentic and a clone. The only difference I notice is, the AFC ring fits better on the authentic.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Find an old atty that doesn't screw down properly. Screw it down as far as it goes easily. Unscrew it, and then screw it down again. Repeat many times. Each time it should go down a little further. The freshly cut threads of the 510 are most likely softer than the threads of the atty. They will slowly deform and wear away to the size necessary to allow the atty ( and others) to screw down properly. Like I said, it only took me a few minutes. Be patient. Good luck.
Thanks will give it a try

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Where did you order from? TKS!
Pretty much everyone that ordered directly from coil master (during their initial run) is getting a replacement whether or not you got a bum unit. The 510 on mine is fine and takes all the atties that I've had trouble with in the past.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I know sendins aren't your main gig right now, but would you consider a send in comp Kennedy (authentic)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yes but I will have to make a new center post much like the first run of derringers, I'm not sure of how much it will be but in the $45-60 range.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
View attachment 487281
The biggest difference is the center post. The authentic is made of much better steel. The clone, if built frequently will strip the post and it will spin.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Would be down for the rouge, if there's a certainty the centre post won't spin. I loooooooove the rouge and the spinning centre post is the only reason why it's been sitting on my tray untouched :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Would be down for the rouge, if there's a certainty the centre post won't spin. I loooooooove the rouge and the spinning centre post is the only reason why it's been sitting on my tray untouched :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm positive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread