? for ProVape, is it possible to adapt the tapered ProVari to P3 threading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
This has been on my mind since the P3 was first released. Now that it's been on the market for a while, has any thought been put into offering the P3 threading upgrade as a retro-fit to V2 and V2.5 ProVari's for a reasonable fee? Is this even possible, or financially feasible? I don't know what interest there would be for such a conversion, but I personally would be very interested in having one or two of my ProVari's converted to a flat top P3 connector if feasible. Hey, you don't ask, you don't get, right ;) I just thought to throw this out there again and see if there is any response, from ProVari owners, and or from Provape.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks oplholic and Zen, it really would be pretty cool to have a V2.5 (gunmetal:)) with the P3 connector, I've got a beta test unit ready willing and able to undergo the surgery :D
I'm going to be incommunicado for a week or so, hopefully we'll hear from some more folks wishing for the FrankenVari topcap :D

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
I can see, as a business owner, several reasons why ProVape would not want to do it... and they are not the typical "they just want ya to buy a new one blah blah blah..."

Reason #1: THERE IS A RISK... The board CAN be damaged while removing the existing top cap. This presents a problem, because if they damage it, even by mistake, they are responsible to fix it. Why take the risk?

Reason #2: ADDITIONAL risk... a person send a broken, and out of warranty device in for the connector upgrade, hoping to blame ProVape for the damage... claiming "It worked when I sent it"... none of US would do that, but if we search just a little, we all probably know several somebodies that would try to run the scam.

Reason #3: Additional Labor Force... everybody is already doing a job... who is going to retrofit the connectors if everybody is already operating efficiently as it is?

Last but not least...

Reason #4: Price... The connector is a precision bit of metal working that costs more than you realize. Labor to remove, resolder on the new one then press the new connector in is time, which in business must be paid for at a rate greater than what they pay the employee... Assume the connector is 25 or so dollars, labor is $15, return shipping is $6 (free shipping isn't really free, you know) you end up being over 50 dollars if you include your shipping costs, and I probably estimated low... could even be $60

SO, with that said, is it worth it to you to pay that 50-60 bucks to upgrade to a P3 connector on your existing 2.5? AND is it worth it for ProVape to take on what is essentially a new line of business which represents additional risk? Hard to say. I doubt my numbers are far off.

BUT, to offer a ProVari 2.75 with a whole NEW PV and a P3 connector, might actually be cool, but very impractical to implement.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
All good and valid points Zen. I'm one of those nuts that would pay that ballpark figure, but I can understand how the risks probably do make it an unwise business decision though, more potential for loss than gain. But it would be really cool to have the old menu and the new connectivity. It would have been sweet if they did some build-outs with some of the remaining V2.5's before they are gone forever...

...after some more thought, at least I have my Ti ProVari's :) someone once told me, if your going to dream, dream BIG, you never know where your dreams will take you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AstroTurf

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
They did make a 2.75 ... the limited titanium :cool:

my favourite Provari :vapor:
ProvariBellcap.jpg

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
The Ti Mini is what I'm saving my pennies for - if I ever find one for sale. I love the old display and have no real need for the Classic or P3. I do love beauty rings to change things up but the Ti Mini is simply gorgeous. Sad I did not jump on one when they were available as I do not care for the crop circles.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
I floated a proposal across the bow of Vape360.... that he allow HoH to perform a factory authorized upgrade to "slant top" ProVari's...

Under this scenario, ProVape would sell us the authentic parts, and we would perform the upgrade.

The Upgrade would consist of removing the slant top 510, and replacing it with a P3 connector, including the 510 adapter and beauty ring.

He was receptive to the proposal and we decided to do a test run to see if there is interest... stay tuned for details. (price and logistics)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I floated a proposal across the bow of Vape360.... that he allow HoH to perform a factory authorized upgrade to "slant top" ProVari's...

Under this scenario, ProVape would sell us the authentic parts, and we would perform the upgrade.

The Upgrade would consist of removing the slant top 510, and replacing it with a P3 connector, including the 510 adapter and beauty ring.

He was receptive to the proposal and we decided to do a test run to see if there is interest... stay tuned for details. (price and logistics)
Big Thumbs Up!!!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

I'm all in for a Gunmetal mini! It's brand new and just itching for the upgrade, would probably become my favorite Provari hands down... Staying tuned... Same Bat time, same Bat channel :)

BTW, how very thoughtful of you to take the initiative on this Zen, you are one in a million in my book. May you live a thousand years! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread